Total Votes : 6

AuthorMessage
Taylarn
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

Kin/Therio type : Feline and Wolf
Job/hobbies : Writing, Drawing

PostSubject: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Tue May 08, 2018 4:22 pm

I just have a question for everyone, since this topic has me kind of confused lately. What is the difference between otherkin and alienkin/people who identify as aliens, and starseeds? It seems like an easy question to answer, but they seem to intersect and contradict each other with each person's interpretation on them, so I had to ask. What makes someone an alien, in your eyes?

Usually people consider aliens to be from the stars or other realms and otherkin to be mythical or fantasy creatures represented in legend and myth. Starseeds are considered similar to aliens, except they have a purpose and may have more extreme reasons as to why they are here, such as being born as alien hybrids. This difference may also be emphasized further by whether someone is a spiritual creature or not- fauns and the like are usually considered to be fae, and thus otherkin, no? Whereas someone who claims to be a creature that has a 3-D existence and can physically reproduce and must eat and breathe are closer to being something like a therian or alien, at the very least. Creatures from other dimensions in this universe may also be classed as starseed-like. However, opinions may vary, and I've seen some who like to claim elementals (fae) are starseeds, some aliens who experienced life as a nearly spiritual being, and others who look more like therians but have things such as culture and technology but consider themselves otherkin.

What differentiates an alien from more general forms of otherkin, and what differentiates an alien from starseeds? Are inter-dimensional creatures (creatures said to live in dimensions parallel to our own) aliens, or are they basically otherkin (as spiritual creatures can also be said to live in dimensions parallel to our own)? Does it depend on the nature of said creature, such as whether they're physical (can reproduce, eat, breathe, etc) or not, use technology or are represented in legends and mythology? Is one an alien if they look like an earth creature but is supposed to have a physical existence elsewhere, and not be a spiritual creature? Energetically, what is the difference between starseeds and those who identify as aliens?
Back to top Go down
Zanblade

Kin/Therio type : Winged Neko
Job/hobbies : Swimming, Drawing and Badminton

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Nyako
What is your kin type ? : Neko
Describe it Physically : : Well my kin type has savanna brown hair with my dark brown ears sticking out, my wings are bird-like attached to my shoulder blades, the feathers are slightly messy( But that's just me) and finally with a big pearl white bushy tail similar to the cat breed Turkish Van.

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Tue May 08, 2018 4:54 pm

Hmmm, Very interesting. Since in human's eyes (non-shifters/ Don't believe in shifting) aliens and otherkins are very alike since they 'can't' be proven and that they're both 'made up'. And yet you don't hear people often calling themselves part alien. Maybe because in human belief most aliens are humanoid which gives people the idea of mutation and because they believe they're extremely intelligent (unless it's a coincidence of them land on earth without any high-techs helping them breathing earth air or even land on earth).

Also aliens believe are from outer space and otherkins (therians, other shifters, etc) are from earth. (But you can argue a divine kin could be from outer space as well and so are star seeds.)

However, we don't know as much as aliens as therianthropy so without enough information It's quiet a hard choice since it truly depends on the person's point a view.

As for the comparison of star seeds and aliens, I don't know too much so I'll have a look at other people's opinions.
Back to top Go down
Cypress
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

Kin/Therio type : Otherkin
Job/hobbies : Stuff...

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Wed May 09, 2018 12:52 am

I've always put starseeds and aliens in their own category together. Since (from what I've learned), calling one's self a starseed is the equivalent of saying that you come from a different planet or solar system. That's how I've always identified it.
Otherkin are mystical creatures or spiritual beings that exist within this planets knowledge or experience. I've always believed that mystical creature were real to some extent and are now possibly extinct or beyond our reach via the veil.

So. I suppose my opinion is that starseeds are creatures who's knowledge of is not available on earth and otherkin are creatures that we have some form of history for.

But then again, I've also seen otherkin used as the umbrella term for anyone who felt as if they were not entirely human. This would encompass therians, starseeds, and mysticals. So.... there's that....

The Earth is Singing
Back to top Go down
Zanblade

Kin/Therio type : Winged Neko
Job/hobbies : Swimming, Drawing and Badminton

Name of your kin self : : Nyako
What is your kin type ? : Neko
Describe it Physically : : Well my kin type has savanna brown hair with my dark brown ears sticking out, my wings are bird-like attached to my shoulder blades, the feathers are slightly messy( But that's just me) and finally with a big pearl white bushy tail similar to the cat breed Turkish Van.

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Wed May 09, 2018 9:40 am

Cypress wrote:
I've always put starseeds and aliens in their own category together. Since (from what I've learned), calling one's self a starseed is the equivalent of saying that you come from a different planet or solar system. That's how I've always identified it.
Otherkin are mystical creatures or spiritual beings that exist within this planets knowledge or experience. I've always believed that mystical creature were real to some extent and are now possibly extinct or beyond our reach via the veil.

So. I suppose my opinion is that starseeds are creatures who's knowledge of is not available on earth and otherkin are creatures that we have some form of history for.

But then again, I've also seen otherkin used as the umbrella term for anyone who felt as if they were not entirely human. This would encompass therians, starseeds, and mysticals. So.... there's that....

True, but otherkins (and others) they believe and classify themselves non-human and believe they are special (not saying they're not) but aliens are like a race that don't believe they're special because technically they're normal to them but strange and different in human's perspective. Us otherkins and others know we're special but aliens don't call themselves special.

I also agree with where you categorises star seeds and aliens, It's best to put them in their own group since there are a few big differences.
Back to top Go down
Setaru
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

Kin/Therio type : "Divinekin"
Job/hobbies : OGP job, and Energy work and ESP

Name of your kin self : : Many names
What is your kin type ? : Primordial
Describe it Physically : : if you mean how it looks, well amorphous energy able to take multiple forms both human and nonhuman.

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Wed May 16, 2018 2:17 pm

In my opinion, starseeds are just a subcategory of otherkin, just as therians are a subcategory of otherkin. My definition of otherkin is anyone with a soul not of this world. Therians, in my opinion, are of the etheric plane, beings created with both a human form and a singular animal form mostly predatory but not limited to it. I don't believe therians are animals from here that have died, but I do believe they relate to these animals because they are the more conscious forms of them as in a therian can shift into a wolf and they will be able to understand the normal wolves here, or a feline, etc. So to me, therians aren't "just" animals, but a race in their own that just so happens to have been created with an animal form along with their humanoid form.
Same for starseeds, starseeds encompass many celestial races, in this instance, I don't mean celestial as in divine, but celestial as in other planetary/galaxy beings, in which case to us they are starseeds to them we would be starseeds, so they would also be otherkin and vice versa. So subcategory of otherkin- a person born with a nonhuman soul.

So in that context we all are technically starseeds because we as soul do not come from this place, I come from the void, but took up home in the etheric plane, as well as being tied to a universe not this one/outside the etheric plane. But I call myself otherkin because I have a soul not human.

Tl;dr

otherkin= anything of nonhuman soul
starseed= anything, not of our current origins from another planetary or different galaxy
Therian= a nonhuman soul that has a form of a singular animal

see therian to me fits into otherkin, otherkin and starseed can be interchangeable due to otherkin's origins not being on this planet let alone this galaxy but another plane also. one can be a subcategory of one or the other but I choose to make it a sub of otherkin.
Back to top Go down
Lady Serene
Big Boss
Big Boss

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie
Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift

Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   Wed May 16, 2018 3:04 pm

I can talk as  a starseed and part Alien. 

Some people are born physical hybrids or are just plain aliens. Yes, we are not alone.  So they are considered Aliens. Not starseeds ( which are people who WERE aliens before, in general people who lived on other planets ) nor otherkins. 

For my part, i'm part Alien and starseed as well.  I'm an alien creature that comes from the Dimension Noctureon and I look like a wolf because i'm part wolf as well. I've been an earth wolf for many lives on earth . 

I hope it answers your question.
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com Online
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Aliens vs Otherkin?   

Back to top Go down

Aliens vs Otherkin?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Silver Pack 2 :: THE DISCUSSION FORUM :: General Discussion-
Jump to: