~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Physical shifting guide

3 posters

Go down

Physical shifting guide Empty Physical shifting guide

Post by Jade Sat Jul 21, 2018 5:36 pm

Finally, here is my physical shifting guide. It took me a bit to write because I was still doing research on myself earlier. But here it is; it's similar to my "shifting experiences", but strictly on physical shifting and the details.
I'll be writing what I did, so it might not work for you the same (I use the term "animal side" frequently instead of "kintype" because many people on here are kin as an animal one way or another).
Also, disclaimer: those are my experiences, if you've shifted already, you might've experienced it differently - everyone is different.
•┈┈┈••✦┈✦••┈┈┈•
I. Research
If you want to shift, you have to know everything you can about the anatomy of your kintype. You have to know it visually as well, obviously, but anatomy plays a huge role here.
Why I was super shocked when I shifted into a wolf is because while I knew the anatomy and everything from having a temporary job at the Wolf Science Center here, I didn't imagine my limbs turning into a wolf's (although wolves and foxes are quite similar regarding anatomy), and I certainly had no idea I'd end up shifting into a wolf and am still confused. But, I guess sometimes your animal side chooses you? So, for the first step you have to know your animal side really well. (Perhaps that's why I couldn't shift for so long, because I never actually knew it and it eventually forced itself to show?)

II. Achieveing a mental shift

Secondly, you have to achieve a mental shift - usually by meditating. I get in a comfortable position, usually sitting down on the floor; but that depends on where I am. I really try to get into the animal mindset by looking through the eyes of the animal, not at it. So viewing everything from the animal's point, including the vision they have - if they see any different colors (blue-yellow for canines), or have 180-degree vision instead of the human 120 (again for canines) or anything similar.
And by looking through the animal's eyes, I trigger a mental shift. When that happens, I get into a position that is natural to the animal - on all fours in my case.
So, after being mental shifted, in a natural position, I can then phantom shift.

III. Achieving a phantom and physical shift

While still in the position that's natural to your kintype, you once again have to focus on your entire body, the human one. Feel every limb, every finger, toe, every muscle, body part. I can trigger a phantom shift like that already, but if you can't, imagine that turning into your kintype's body, feel every muscle, feel the fur/feathers/scales/skin, that's why you have to know and understand your kintype's anatomy and body. Feel your entire body turning into your kintype's. Feel it intensifying with every breath.
That's also why you have to practice it a lot, you get better at visualizing it every time. After focusing and intensifying it, you might feel numb, and that's when you know it's happening! It'll feel like that for a bit, but don't give up just yet. Afterwards, pretty much hell is about to break loose. The numbness will slowly disappear, your body coming back with slight comfort and heat (kinda fever-like), you'll feel hot, but not sweaty, which'll increase a lot.
The pain grows stronger and at that point your mind tricks you into blacking out because you can't handle it yet. That's when I mostly blacked out, and I guess most people do? So the key word is: practice, practice, practice. It does make perfect. If you do manage to get through it without blacking out, don't give up just yet. The whole shifting process takes hours, but it gets easier the more you do it (after achieving it, of course). You have to stay focused, your senses will heighten, and you'll try to focus on sounds, but you shouldn't, because that'll kick you out of shifting. Focus on your body, limbs, and feel the pain - don't fight it. That makes it so much easier. I recommend doing this with your eyes closed, obviously, because that means less visual distractions.
I felt my feet enlenghtening, my toes curling and kinda enlenghtening, hands growing longer into canine paws, my whole body changing, I felt kinda sick and dizzy because of changes inside of it, it's a really strange sensation.
I made the mistake of opening my eyes in the middle of my body changing, and it freaked me out - everything gradually started to become different in color and my vision expanded. But luckily I was able to stay focused, I don't know what would've happened if I wasn't, would I stay in a weird in-between human and animal form? Who knows.
The thing is that it takes hours to achieve the actual changing stage, which actually lasts minutes. Afterwards, you're really exhausted because of all the energy that you've used up, so I just fell down on the ground and rested for a few minutes. In that moment, I couldn't believe it, I thought it was maybe a dream, but it was way too real.
You can feel what freedom feels like, you're in your true form, just be very careful if you live in a non-rural area.
Like I've said, I've been confused at the time but free, and that kinda pumped up some adrenaline into me, and while I've had some disadvantages as an animal (not being able to see certain colors, not being to talk), it felt right and I couldn't care less about those disadvantages. While you're shifted, you primarily think like your kintype, have their instincts, but there's still your human mind there, so it's pretty much a mix of human and animal thoughts.

IV. Shifting back
To shift back, you have to think about your human self, the same thing you did for your kintype. Shifting back will be easier, I didn't know if I could automatically shift back when falling asleep, so I didn't want to risk it, but it's definitely easier, and doesn't take as long as shifting into your kintype.
I felt slightly confused and had a headache, but I don't know if that's just me or if it happens to everyone. Also, I do have a shifting charm that makes everything slightly easier. If you are (or know) a witch, I'd suggest making one.
•┈┈┈••✦┈✦••┈┈┈•
So; I still don't know a lot about physical shifting.

But hopefully this small guide will help you out.
Jade
Jade

Kin/Therio type : Wolf
Job/hobbies : Photography, art

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? : Wolf; looks like the Alexander Archipelago subspecies.
Describe it Physically : : Dark pelt with a brown undertone; yellow-golden eyes

SallyThatGurl likes this post

Back to top Go down

Physical shifting guide Empty Re: Physical shifting guide

Post by Zanblade Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:22 pm

Finally its here <3, this is nicely well and detailed jade. And i have to say i related a lot on the m-shift part well cause thats what i do aha, this is definitely gonna get bookmarked by me.

And jade (heres a question) are you a vip member? If so umma move this into the private shifting section for reasons, don't wanna let the young/new members dive in straight away lol.
Zanblade
Zanblade

Kin/Therio type : Winged Manticore
Job/hobbies : Swimming, Drawing, Badminton, Drumming, Chatting and Gaming.

What is your kin type ? : Manticore and Dragon hybrid
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Jade Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:27 pm

Zanblade wrote:Finally its here <3, this is nicely well and detailed jade. And i have to say i related a lot on the m-shift part well cause thats what i do aha, this is definitely gonna get bookmarked by me.

And jade (heres a question) are you a vip member? If so umma move this into the private shifting section for reasons, don't wanna let the young/new members dive in straight away lol.
Thank you!
I was actually looking for the shifting section, but since I'm not a VIP member, I couldn't reach it. ^^'
Jade
Jade

Kin/Therio type : Wolf
Job/hobbies : Photography, art

What is your kin type ? : Wolf; looks like the Alexander Archipelago subspecies.
Describe it Physically : : Dark pelt with a brown undertone; yellow-golden eyes

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanblade Sat Jul 21, 2018 6:35 pm

Jade wrote:
Zanblade wrote:Finally its here <3, this is nicely well and detailed jade. And i have to say i related a lot on the m-shift part well cause thats what i do aha, this is definitely gonna get bookmarked by me.

Thank you!
I was actually looking for the shifting section, but since I'm not a VIP member, I couldn't reach it. ^^'

Alrighty, when silver is more active feel free to ask her to join that group. Since I'm a mod i have no power over that ^^'
Zanblade
Zanblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:44 pm

I added you there. This guide is restricted to VIP members now tho since it talks bout delicate matter. It's a rule here to protect people's information ( the author ) and their evidence from other facilities. 

I hope you understand i'm doing this to protect you and keep you safe from bad people's view.

By the way this guide is EPIC  ! I learned so much from it. thank you so much..  :yaytanu:
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanblade Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:45 pm

oh yeah silver, i have no permission to move this post. Mind doing so? Cause for obvious reasons, its a shifting guide.
Zanblade
Zanblade

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Mon Jul 23, 2018 2:53 pm

I already done it xD ehe i'm too fast but thanks anyway :)
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down