~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Therianthropes: Earthly or Not?

4 posters

Go down

Are Therians Only Earthly Animals?

Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? Pexels-gantas-vai-iul-nas-3750272-Copie67%Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? I_vote_rcap 67% 
[ 2 ]
Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? Pexels-gantas-vai-iul-nas-3750272-Copie33%Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? I_vote_rcap 33% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 3
Back

Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? Empty Therianthropes: Earthly or Not?

Post by Taylarn Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:04 pm

Therianthropy is the metamorphosis of humans to animal forms via shapeshifting, and modern therianthropy is commonly defined as identifying as a non-human animal, often in a similar manner to therianthropes of the past. This means that most therians today only identify as Earthly animals, and that any mythical or otherworldly being is classified as otherkin by default. Once the label of therianthropy was more open to otherkin who felt they were animalistic, but now it is reserved for Earthly animals.

However there are many otherkin who feel more akin to therians due to therianthropy having more of a focus on animalistic creatures and the needs of such. From this the term "theriomythic" came into being, but even now many otherkin who are more animalistic feel that they would best be included under the therianthropy label, instead of "theriomythic". Currently there is a push to alter the label back to being inclusive of those who may have animalistic experiences but not be Earthly creatures.

Do you think therians are only Earth animals? Or do you think therianthropy applies to anything animalistic, with otherkin being for less animalistic creatures?

Last edited by Taylarn on Fri Nov 08, 2019 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Misworded some things)
Taylarn
Taylarn

Kin/Therio type : Feline and Wolf
Job/hobbies : Writing, Drawing

Back to top Go down

Therianthropes: Earthly or Not? Empty Re: Therianthropes: Earthly or Not?

Post by Liudan Thu Nov 07, 2019 9:25 pm

In my experience with therians, they're a race in their own right that have the form of an earthly animal, not that they're an earthly animal that has died and reincarnated. As for the psychological aspect of therianthropy it could be applied to those who feel or psychologically feel animalistic.

However, given there are werecreatures, dragons, and such who are otherkin, no I don't believe otherkin is something less animalistic creatures. Especially given there are otherkin races that are a bit more primal than therians and even therians who are more civil in a tribal sense than some otherkin races.
Liudan
Liudan

Kin/Therio type : Divinekin
Job/hobbies : Energy work and ESP

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Nature
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Zanblade Fri Nov 08, 2019 1:37 pm

I thought otherkin includes animals that Earthly + other entities that aren't animals. I mean my definition may be wrong, but that's just how i categorise this I guess
Zanblade
Zanblade

Kin/Therio type : Winged Manticore
Job/hobbies : Swimming, Drawing, Badminton, Drumming, Chatting and Gaming.

Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? : Manticore and Dragon hybrid

Back to top Go down

Post by Liudan Fri Nov 08, 2019 4:43 pm

Therians are part of the otherkin label, same with starseeds, but some people like to separate them for some weird pride reason or just to distinguish them for simple reasons.
Liudan
Liudan

Kin/Therio type : Divinekin
Job/hobbies : Energy work and ESP

Name of your kin self : : Nature
What is your kin type ? :

Back to top Go down

Post by eshtar Fri Nov 08, 2019 7:16 pm

I am an earthly since I am a greyhound. So i guess I am not in the otherkin category..
eshtar
eshtar

Kin/Therio type : Werehound (pharaoh Hound)
Job/hobbies : Unemployed currently

Name of your kin self : : Eshtar (or Marney)
What is your kin type ? : Weredog
Describe it Physically : : usualy upright Pharaoh hound

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum