Share | 

Self control taken to a new extreme.

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

Kin/Therio type : B.C. Coastal Wolf
Job/hobbies : Visual arts, food, and philosophical stuff.

PostSubject: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:25 pm

Now you see, I have a bit of a problem.

As you may know, I am a coastal wolf. I've never really had a mentor or teacher to kinda guide me through the majority of my life, so I did what I do, and that was to write my own rules -learn by myself.

Well, things were going fine for years: I sharpened my mental shifts, found balance between the human world and the wild, and practically mastered shifting the color of my eyes...practically.

But then, came life.

Let's just say it hit me like a truck...

Anywho, while I continued to try and sharpen my skills, a whole bunch of crazy shizz happened in my family involving secret marriages and illness.

So, honestly, I completely lost my balance.

Maybe 2 years ago, I could've clearly divided myself between the human and wolf inside of me. Now however, it seems like I've completely given into my instincts.

I never really thought it was much of a problem until the people around me started to notice:

1) I legitimately started begging for food from my friends whenever they ate. Soon as they gave me whatever-it-was, I got all possessive and started growling.
2) I always thought in pack mentality,but when my brother came over to my school...oh boy...I followed him to make sure nobody would dare hurt my lil' bro.

Then there were those moments outside of formal settings like school...One time, me and one of my closet friends went on a camping trip. I got that weird, jittery feeling to just run in the middle of the night. So I did...I woke up my pack (aka my friend) and ran all through the woods. Howling and barking the entire time. (Lets just say, that friend wasn't too happy with me)

I didn't notice I was doing anything until earlier today.

I'm at a new school now with new friends. Meaning, I was thinking about the human life I live rather than my instincts.
So, I was sitting there outside on a picnic bench during my lunch our.
I thought my friend, Kay, wasn't at school today.
Until, BOOM. She tapped me on the shoulder from behind.

I reacted; snarling in her direction.

She kinda stepped back, like, "Woah...okay then..." before sitting down.

I proceeded to say 'I'm sorry!' or 'bad reaction!' but before I could say a word, she looked at me and said, "Are you wearing contacts? I thought your eyes were blue."

At that point, I was filled with dread. Of course I wasn't wearing contacts and my eyes were not naturally yellow on their own. I hadn't p-shifted any part of myself in the longest time. So of course, that reaction lost its effect and my eyes started stinging. They apparently returned back to my weird blue-grey color.

All I could think was, 'I'm screwed'.

For the rest of the lunch period, she kept questioning me, saying things like, "Are you a vampire??? No, no! Are you a werewolf??? Come on! I saw your eyes change color!"

I wasn't really sure what I was suppose to say so instead, I attempted to convince her by saying it was some reflection.

I guess she reluctantly took that excuse.

Although I wished I never lost control like that, it made me realized that I was never in control these past few years.
So, what do you all think I should do?
How do I tame that wild side of me?

I NEED YO HELP!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:31 pm

Hey Imagine,

Well I can say I have same problems. Instincts taking control and everything goes crazy.

I have pack hierarchy problems. Every time at school I see people who walk straight, speak calmly and look straight into my eyes. This pisses me off. It feels as if they are challenging me. I hate being ruled, it's either I am thee alpha or get the **ck out. My muscles get tensed and I am growling too loud. I look for a chance to leap at the person and rip their throat out.

About food.. Yes it may sounds dirty but what can I do... I walk down the street and see some piece of pizza, meat, anything on the floor. I am doing my BEST not to bend on my knees and wolf it down.

When I run I feel like getting on my fours and just running like hell crazy.

This list can go on and on and on....

So I think you may want to try to meditate. That helps me. Just sit and chill saying " I am the power and the power is in my control." Communicate with your inner voice, that'll be your animal. It will tell you many SMART AND INSANE things. For ex: "Jump on that disrespectful ass and pin him to the floor." Or " You must not react like that, keep calm,etc."

If you have anger problems.... bite your hand. Smile It is weird. but just bite it. Ether your hand or somebody's limbs.

But seriously, I am not a pro at this. I have the same problem and I didn't find a perfect solution yet. So don't worry Smile You are not alone.

Eyes change color because of your reaction, for a therian it is perfectly normal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:05 pm

the only thing instinct wise that i am working on controlling, is the foraging.  Other then that coons are much like humans so i do not have much of a hard time. Well besides doing small growls when i am irritated lol.  But I was thinking last night and linking *hunting* instincts and foraging and figured now that i know what i am it is the same instinct. that urge to find food weather a garbage can, hunting ect that is what a coon does. I wanted to grasp foot eat food search ect. Right now, I am learning to control it thanks to a Shifter here (having a hard time learning your name here lol) having my husband say hide an orange and I have to go find it like a scavenger hunt. Did that today and omg it worked! i did not have the strong drive after that to find more food all over the place. I was a happy coon. What also makes me a happy coon is that well, i don't NEED to suppress my instincts. More so because with my husband a a couple others I know in person, i CAN be myself. I can growl at my husband, make noises forage ect and I am STILL his wife no matter what i am. So he has a were raccoon so what? lol. So ya maybe work on different ways to NOT suppress instincts. Maybe small things. For the one who wanted to know if you were a werewolf, maybe do tell her? all us Weres and therians need at least someone to talk to.. but thats just me. I still consider myself a Were.. So that is my experience and in the end I am happy.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie
Job/hobbies : Singing, gaming, drawing, horseback riding, Asian cooking & food, computers, Paranormal researcher & more , learning bout animals, piano, video montages,

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:15 pm

WOW. And I thought I was the one losing control. In a sense, I envy you. I should let my wolf more out and I crave to lose control over it, weird I know. 

But I do this '' block '' subconsciously and automatically. I have a way too big control over my wolf, unless someone hurts or makes me angry. I make noises a lot aha. 

I tend to lose control when I drink a bit of alcool but i'm so intolerant to it that i stop after one beer and I  get an automatic shift. 

I lost control once, ended up my dog,s ass and chasing the cat, making the chairs of the kitchen table fall on its way. I realized what happened when it was over. I was hiding in my bedroom curling in a ball, whining.  Because, earlier, i jumped on the sofa and made the wii U pad fall on the floor and it made my fiancee go mad. 

he was so shocked at my reaction that he had tears. I .... try to keep control since then. but I don't want to.

And I figured out, it's probably best that I don't keep control of my wolf. 

I want him to see me as I really am.

It would be easier if he thinks i'm crazy or real actually.

Aha. That was mean sorry. 

I'm just sick of hiding who I am. 

Fuck this shit. 

I figured out it will be also better if I include my dragon in my shift, since they seem to come together anyway. I feel my wings sohard they hurt my human back etc.

Enough about me. 

It's kind of weird, I was so good at keeping control of my wolf but I stopped. I don't care anymore. 

you know why ? 

People who will love you truly will accept you as you are. 

Traitors or stoolers will not believed if they reveal your identity to cops so who cares. 

it happened once to my friend and the cops were laughing. good thing. 

stupid cunt who betrayed her. 

Anyway. She had it in her face aha. 

What I say is, its better to stay yourself alone than being a fake among fakers. 

Wink 

So I suggest ,. nevermind people, just tell them the truth aha. 

Most won,t believe anyway. 

And it's best to be known for what you are and if people ask you or reveal you, tell them they were fool to believe it cause you were playing with them aha.

there are so many ways to manipulate humans to keep your secret safe.

Who cares you are a were, be proud of it x') 

I,m starting to do this.

and fight the wolf will make it worse, trust me.

ask David if you really want to learn how to control your wolf.

But I suggest you to not cage the poor beast. She doesn't deserve it. 

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Wed Aug 31, 2016 5:48 pm

ya though i am not sure how all scary a Were raccoon is lol. But ya. Only one who knows really is my husband and 2 others I know in person. One is more a feline Therian but she has MANY aspects to herself such as elf. Me I am Wereraccoon by blood i believe (don't ask how I have no idea) But my soul is well a Multiple I also have elf but i do not include it here because it is complicated. But ya the foraging is more my main instinct besides when i get defensive or what not thats when i do small growls lol. Or when happy sometimes I make small noises.
Back to top Go down
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:14 pm

Thank you all, so much!

Lykena: I'm so glad I'm not alone XD Everyone must have thought I was homeless because I kept on begging for scraps! And thank you for the suggestion on mediation. I have got to get back into a nice little schedule. I'm so glad I'm not alone, though! Haha thanks for the 'biting-the-hand-thing' as well. I may end up biting someone else all the time though...oh well!  Cool

estar: I really appreciate your thought on telling my friend. I love the way I am now, but, I've always been afraid of social rejection...Someday, I might -or at least tell someone close to me. By the way, you got yourself an awesome husband there Wink  I only wish someone would hide the meats for me! ^-^

Silver: We ought to trade our levels of control! Razz  Anyways, thank you so much for your input. I love the idea of losing control and being free from all this burden, but, now's not the time unfortunately. (for me at least). I will take your suggestion and let myself go a bit, because I completely agree with never caging one's wild side. Right now, I just need to find balance. Get back to shifting on a regular basis or something. Find my little niche -a way to manage things. I don't know. But thank you so much, Silver. I mean it :3
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

Job/hobbies : Singing, gaming, drawing, horseback riding, Asian cooking & food, computers, Paranormal researcher & more , learning bout animals, piano, video montages,

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:16 pm

You are welcome sweetheart. <3 I wish I could hug you all in real life hahaha. * super emotive right now. 

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Thu Sep 01, 2016 2:22 pm

Silver Black wrote:
You are welcome sweetheart. <3 I wish I could hug you all in real life hahaha. * super emotive right now. 

Maybe someday we could all meet as a pack and just hug. Razz  Someday.......*daydreams*
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Thu Sep 01, 2016 3:24 pm

I want to start a village or manor with otherkins in it. x') with David ahahah that would be awesome.

HAIL SILVER PACK OMG.

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Thu Sep 01, 2016 4:28 pm

Silver Black wrote:
I want to start a village or manor with otherkins in it. x') with David ahahah that would be awesome.

HAIL SILVER PACK OMG.

YASS! That should be a thing right now. X)
Soon as that happens, I promise you, I'd stop, drop and run there almost immediately! Haha
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:44 pm

I'm looking forward to it <3 

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Sun Sep 04, 2016 6:53 pm

*reminds of kya's story* lolol xD there was also a years-old post on the old sp kinda about that, like in the spring/summer various kins/therians who could go would stay in cabins in the woods, their worry was THE CHILDREEEN and their parents, VERY VERY ROUGHLY I THINK i remember something about various members getting jobs to help with...y'know food and staying there and stuff. xD sounds great but anybody could just come in and shoot the place up, police probably wouldn't be too keen on protecting a bunch of werewolves (would probably stick their noses in our attempts at p-shifting, next thing you know we're in a lab blabbity blah) SOOO i just daydream or write fantasy stories about it. :'3
where therianthropy more or less 'officialy' originated (AHWW), there were some camping trip meet-ups for therians/kin, was probably safer then cause a) nobody really knew who they were outside of AHWW i'm guessing, b) again nobody really knew about them so they'd just laugh it off, as opposed to how decently well-known we are now, that we're serious about it and therefore higher risk of hate crimes.
...*cough*.
we should probably start a new post about this xD;
ABOUT ORIGINAL SUBJECT OF TOPIC;
i was kinda excited to hear, not in a mean way! xD;; like a EEEE THEY'RE SUCCEEDING :DD sort of way xD;
and yes, suppressing something like that would not result in anything good in the long run. pretending to be someone you're not is like holding a beach ball underwater, the longer you hold it down, the deeper you do, the higher it'll bounce up, and you can't hold it down for very long. you get tired.
regular shifting sounds good, silver has some guided meditations that you could do before you sleep, like at a time you're NOT just about to go to school. xD
...wonder if the 'theri/kin camping trips' could also be a place to blow off steam for theri/kins?...
YEAH A NEW POST MIGHT BE NEEDED. xD;;
we could use excuses like ''we're roleplaying'' or like..''getting in touch with our spirit animals'' BGKLFSNOJONGF i just don wan anybody getting hurt. xD;;;
Back to top Go down
Akimori
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:07 pm

About the whole Therian House-thing, it'd be a lot easier, I think, to make like Therian "meets" like GN and stuff. Because owning a freaking village or a freaking manor is going to coat more than what each of us could probably make in a LIFETIME. xD
    *being the realistic boring person, as usual.*

Please forgive my english if I make mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker. x)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Sun Sep 04, 2016 7:28 pm

lol unless we all won the lottery. i know my husband wants to build houses for the homeless if he won the lottery.. a dream who knows if it will ever happen.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Living in a rather big house could work too. we could be paying the rent all together xD Idk

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Mon Sep 05, 2016 5:28 pm

hmm I would but being around many people in one house.. I cannot do it. i did it for a while and no just no.. I need my space and can only take small groups for a small time.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:18 pm

We could all move in the same neighborhood ? 

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Mon Sep 05, 2016 10:37 pm

ya that is agreeable *smiles*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Tue Sep 06, 2016 6:54 pm

We could make a little village and put special portals so only those from the pack can be there! Smile
Back to top Go down
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:39 pm

Lykena wrote:
We could make a little village and put special portals so only those from the pack can be there! Smile

Sounds plausible! Razz
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:14 pm

I feel you Lykena, my kin is very aggressive by nature. It can be very difficult to maintain control when things become heated/ and/ or intense. God forbid you attempt to take my food. x3
Back to top Go down
Aurora Wolf

Kin/Therio type : Archangel Auriel : able to Shift into a Wolf or a Thunderbird
Job/hobbies : Study P-Shifting, raise Wolfdogs and a Red Fox

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   Wed Feb 01, 2017 1:38 am

There are Human villages called Ecovillages aka Intentional Communities. There was a Therian/Furry village on Facebook or something, I believe they are in Utah, but now that I look for them I cannot find their post anymore. I think they are the only one unfortunately, at least in the USA that I know of. But I will be moving to an Ecovillage very soon, and I wish it were full of Therians but I doubt it will be, but I plan on living in a Canvas Wall Tent for most of my life there, maybe for the rest of my life. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://youtube.com/MrsSlimShady08
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Self control taken to a new extreme.   

Back to top Go down

Self control taken to a new extreme.
Page 1 of 1