~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

4 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* Empty An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:47 pm

Whew its been a while since I've worked on this story I made about 2 years ago. Since the old site will be deleted soon I figured I would post it here for archive reasons. Who knows I may take it up again I still have plans for it!

For those new and reading this some of the names you may or may not recognize a few of the characters in this tome are old bones who have drifted away or still here in the backround, but no worries! You all will be added as well has I edit and continue this peice. So for now enjoy these old chapters as I write the new ones!

Summary: Foreign in her own world, Phoenix "Nyx" Abadeer was never normal. From having voices in her head to having animal like behaviors she was always ridiculed by her family and peers. Until one day she runs into other's like her, knowing her pain they promise to help her in everyway they can but how can she know to trust them?

Key:
~Pack link~: Used between the pack members of Silver pack can be used when in human and kin form. Mainly used to keep communication between members and alert others of danger or news. A mix of telepathy and empathy
"Speaking":
"Thought"
Ł Animal link Ł: The connection between Therian and his/her animal. Some have this ability and some do not. Usually occurs during awakening or a soul scan.
Foreign Language: Bon, Hola, Konnichiwa

A/N: Greetings family! Kya here and I’ve returned from the dead! *laughs nervously* Yeah don't kill me… Anyway it’s been a while since I have posted anything and I’ve been in a heavy muse for writing so I have decided to continue with the story I’ve been writing. Some of you may recognize it from an old post a while back. So enjoy! I hope to make this story a long lasting journey that everyone can enjoy and hopefully some of the things that you read can become reality for us someday. Either way enjoy and I will be trying to at least post a chapter or two once a week. Oh! Also, if you don't mind, message me on your description: Looks, personality, etc. I am a detailed and serious writer so I want to engross my audience with as much detail as possible and I can’t write a story about my family if I don't know what ya’ll look like! Welp hope you guys enjoy and feel free to leave your comments down below!

Chapter 1: It Has Begun
A young woman paced back and forth in front of her bed before sitting down angrily growling to herself. She looked at her window, her portal to the outside world and huffed.
~Something is troubling you sister~ The Afro-American woman sighed at the familiar voice in in her head, running a hand through her dark hair she responded.
~It's nothing Naowy, just counting down the days before I leave to rejoin you guys~
She could hear the girl chuckle softly in her head.
~I honestly don't know why you went back there Kya, you know you hate them so why do you return?~
~I had to settle some things Naowy, especially with my father~ Kya stood up and stretched once again glancing at the window her nose twitching. ~Besides its only until tomorrow, if I can wait that long.~
~I advise you leave now Ky~ A deeper voice joined in on her mental conversation, male obviously.

~Knowing how stubborn Millanius is I'm surprised she hasn't snapped and torn your father's mate to pieces yet.~  Kya snickered to  herself hearing the said name growl in the back of her head.
~She said the only reason she didn't is because the woman is with child Sen.~ A gruff grunt sounded off in confirmation.
~ I assumed you knew this already then?~  Sen asked as Kya mentally nodded. She looked at the clock, the glow of the digital numbers reading 11:30 pm.

~Yeah, I swear I could smell the spike in her bloody hormones from two miles away, annoying really.....screw it I'm leaving tonight something feels off.~ Kya narrowed her eyes and listened, her father and stepmom were talking in frantic hushed voices. Her eyes widen as she caught the conversation.
“There’s something wrong with her Aaron she’s gone mental!” The harsh whisper was clear to Kya’s sharp hearing.
“Fine, fine, we’ll take her to the hospital tonight? How does that sound?”
~Ah that's just fantastic, Naowy, Sen, how close are you at the moment?~
~I'm around 8 miles out from your location Ky, what's wrong?~ There was a worried tone in Naowy's voice.
Kya franticly swept around her room, grabbing her essential's and placing them in a small bag and proceeding to tie it loosely around her leg.
~Kya?!~
~No need to yell sis!~
Her heart rate sped up hearing the older adults shuffle downstairs proceeding to come up the steps. She opened her window quickly, looking down she nodded at the soft patch of grass and soil below. Kya quickly stripped herself and jumped out the opening landing with a hard 'thud'. She then closed her eyes and proceeded to relax feeling herself let go and becoming her true self. Bones snapped, pupils dilate soon the young woman standing before the forest was not human but a wolf, its fur white as fallen snow and eyes a light brown.
She wasted no time and quickly ran off into the forest following her instinct and survival skills.
~Kya!~ Ah right, the pack link.
~No need to worry Naow, I'm fine...~  She heard her growl.
~Yeah considering you haven't responded in ten minutes, Sen and I  were about to rush into the open to save you.~ Ouch, Kya mentally flinched at her tone.
~Sorry Naow, my creators...well they've found me out,~
~THEY WHAT?!~ A younger, maturing voice joined the link, Magic.
~Oh for the love of- Magic how many times have we told you not to yell over the pack link?~
~Seven~ The younger Therian responded ~ But that's not the point! Are you safe? Are others with you?~
~ She's fine Magic~ A deep quiet voice rumbled, Sen again. ~We are two miles away from meeting, then we'll be on our way to Alaska. It should take us at least a week to get there.~

Kya could hear and feel the relief washing through Magic as she continued running.

~Oh, that's a relief. I wish you luck and safety on your journey guys, Silver is calling me for assistance with a newcomer.~ With that the mental presence of Magic disappeared. Kya slowed her running pace to a stop and sniffed the cool night air being wary of any threats.

Snap!

The arctic wolf turned quickly baring her teeth, emerging from the shadows was a husky and timber wolf. Kya relaxed her stance and walked up to nuzzle Sen and Naowy in greeting.
~You are unharmed?~ Sen rumbled.
~Yes, and no one followed. Are we ready to move? It is at least a week's time to reach Alaska with a steady pace.~  Naowy and Sen nodded and turned to run following the stars north.
~It is a beautiful night for a run.~ Naowy stated contently, Kya chuckled as she replied.

~That it is sister, that it is.~

Deep in the frozen forests and tundra of Alaska a herd of elk were taking rest along a rushing river. Up above on a small cliff, figures were crouched low eyeing their prey.
"There, two weak ones on the end of the herd, one is bleeding." A hushed gentle tone, female, stated to two others near her.

"Ah, bon travail Mecca. Those two should suffice for at least three days."  Skade stated as he stood and gestured the other therian that was with them to come closer. The therian was a newcomer a young man to go by the name Nova, he was a bit short, his brown hair messy and grey eyes filled with the slight fear of his first hunt. Skade simply smiled at the young boy and wrapped his arm around his shoulders.

"First hunt huh?" Nova nodded and was about to fiddle with the sleeve of his sweatshirt until he realized he didn't have it anymore. Most male therian's refrained from wearing the top article of clothing, seeing as it just get's in the way of their shifting. Nova bit his lip making sure not to puncture the skin with his canine like teeth.

"What if I screw up? I-I'm still new to all this stuff and I've just learned how to fully turn..."  Skade just chuckled lightly and ruffled Nova's hair making it even more messy.

"Don't worry kid, I'll walk you through, hell I'm nervous this is my first time teaching a pup how to hunt. But look, you see that tree east of the river?" Nova looked and nodded. "Good, look closely that second branch from the top." The boy looked where he was told to and saw another figure on top of the branch.

"Who's that?" Skade smirked.

"That my brother is Shadow, seems like she accompanied us with her sharp eyes." He chuckled. "If the elks we're after get a bit too far, Shadow with strike 'em down with her arrow. Magnifique, really." Nova relaxed a bit, maybe he won't mess up. "Nova, are you ready?" The boy jumped at Mecca's statement worried in his own thought's he forgot that she was there. He nodded and focused on shifting into his form, a red wolf replaced with Nova was and as he looked at his pack mates he stared in awe as they flawlessly shifted, Mecca a serengeti jackel and Skade a tundra wolf.

~No need to be nervous Nova, we got your back~ Nova looked at Mecca and gave her a mental thanks in gratitude before following Skade, who was bounding down the elevated ground to the herd. In mere seconds Skade was already after the injured elk and shouting orders.

~Nova! I want you to follow me and when you get close enough go after the elk's hind leg, got it?!~

~Y-yeah!~ Nova put on a burst of speed as he caught up to the limping herbivore, quickly attaching his jaws to it's hind leg slowing it down.

~Good! Hold on! Mecca, how are you holding with that other elk?~ Mecca growled in the link

~Not good Skade, Shadow I'm going to need your sharp eyes.~ Shadow mentally nodded, and up in the trees she drew her bow making sure that the shot would be a fatal hit to the prey.

~I'm on it.~ Shadow responded, as Mecca attempted to go in for the elk's jugular her ear twitched as she heard the whizz of an arrow barely hitting her snout as the sharpened object shot through the elk's neck.

~Cutting it a little close there, aren't you Shadow?~ Mecca could hear the smirk in Shadow's voice.

~You know me I never miss a shot~

"Silver!" A voice shouted out from the murmurs of talk and business from a small village tucked away in the deep woods of Alaska. The village was filled with people, from young children to young adults. The young laughed and played, swatting and growling at each other as one tackled the other. While the older carried out tasks given to them early in the morning hoping to finish in order to join the young for some playtime and relaxation. A young woman standing outside a makeshift house smiled at that site, her brown eyes speckled with green lighting up with joy.

"We've come so far..."

"Silver!" The said woman turned her head to the source of the noise and watched as another girl in her late teens ran up, panting as if she just ran halfway across the world. Silver raised an eyebrow as the girl raised a hand to gesture "one moment". As she sucked in a few more breaths of air to calm herself she straightened herself out and bowed her head slightly in respect.

"You called me to assist with a newcomer?" Silver chuckled a bit at her sister's antics.

"Magic, please don't talk so formal to me, you know I hate that. I already get it enough from Sen." Magic crossed her arms and smiled playfully showing her sharpened canines.

"Force of habit and instinct Silver, you know that." Silver just shook her head and started walking, Magic following beside her.

"Of course, but back to the business at hand. Yes, I called you because we have a newcomer. I will need you to do a soul scan on him and see if you can find his animal. Once you're one get him settled and comfortable and we'll be able to talk more at supper." Magic nodded in understanding.

"I can do that seems easy enough."

"Good, now that--"

"Miss Silva!" A little boy around 6 years, bounded into the Alphess' arms and started talking very fast in an excited manner.

"Look! Look! I can change my eye color to my animal's now see?!" The small boy put on a concentrated face as his grey eyes turned into a dark brown. Silver smiled, this young one's animal was a snow leopard, just like his sister, she was teaching him with great progress.

"Bon travail little one! You're getting bigger too! Your sister has been teaching you well." The boy nodded with a wide smile on his face, eyes slowly receding in color to his original grey. He was bouncing up and down in Silver's arms.

"Mhm! When I grow up I wanna be a master shifter and warrior like Miss Shadow! She's awesome!" Silver laughed and placed the boy down.

"Well if you keep practicing you'll get better and stronger right?"

"Right!" He turned his head slightly as if hearing something. "Oh, I gotta go! My sister is calling me, bye Miss Silva and Miss Magic!" Magic and Silver waved to the boy and they continued walking.

"We've come so far Magic. It's been what four years?" Magic "hm'd" in a agreement.

"Almost five, and we're still gonna keep going." Silver smiled and put an arm around Magic.

"Yes we are."

9:45 am, North Dakota, South Lakes High School

"Hey Phoenix! Isn't it time to take your crazy pills yet?"

"You're not gonna go batsh*t insane on us are you?"

"Heh, you better watch out before she swipes her claws at you!"

Phoenix "Nyx" Abadeer was clenching the handle of her locker tightly, clenching her teeth.

"This is just their normal routine." She thought. "Ignore them and they'll leave me alone." Phoenix took out a bottle of prescribed pills and frowned at them. When she was around 7 years old she started hearing a voice in her head, The voice had a soothing motherly tone to it and Nyx, believing it friendly, would always talk to it. At first her parents thought she was going through her imaginary friend stage but when she was older and said that she still talked to the voice her parents immediately took her to a physiatrist and there prescribed her some medicine. it made the voice go away, but now she was alone in her own head, with her only friend she knew locked away in medication.
"Maybe I'll skip it today..." Pheonix bit her lip and tucked a strand of her auburn red hair behind her ear. She hesitantly placed the bottle back in her bag and shut her locker, releasing a shuddering breath. Closing the locker she turned around, ignoring the sneers and jeers shot towards her and quickly moved to her next class.

2:10 pm: North Dakota
As soon as the final bell of the day rang, Phoenix was out the door and walking home. Only living 2 miles away she choose to walk home instead of taking the bus. Once she was far enough from her peers Phoenix slowed her paced to a relaxing walk taking in the scenery around her. Being in one of the most secluded states in America made living in North Dakota quiet, peaceful, and surrounded by nature.

"It would be nice to go for a run in the forest..." She thought for a moment before shaking her head. Her mother always expects her to come home as soon as school ends, frustrating really. Before she knew it Pheonix was facing the front of her home, her amber eyes scanning the endless abyss trees gracing the perimeter. She clenched the strap of her bag and muttered to herself.
"Here we go, hell on Earth." Taking out her keys she opened the front door, shut it and quickly tried to reach upstairs to her room. Only have way up the stairs she heard the stern voice of her mother. "Phoenix, come down here." Phoenix suppressed an audible growl in the back of her throat and walked back down the stairs into the kitchen. Her mother was cutting vegetables as she walked in. She looked up from her work and frowned.
"How was your day?"
"Fine." A lie.
"Did you take your pills?"
"Yes." Another lie.
"Do you have homework?"
"Yes."
"Then get to it." And thats what a normal conversation is like with her mother. Once she was in her room the teen collapsed on her bed relaxing.
Ł Run away, be free little one. Ł
Phoenix's eyes snapped open, the voice was back. She heard a soft chuckle on the back of her mind.
Ł And I'm here to stay Nyx. Ł

"Are you sure you want to do this Naowy, we're gonna have to inform Silver of the reason of our late arrival." Naowy, Kya, and Sen all sat around a small fire redressing themselves. Naowy threw a roll of bindings toward Kya who proceeded to wrap them around her chest.

"Yes, I'm positive. I sensed one of us out there, her soul was troubled it worries me." Sen grunted.

"And what do we suppose we do?" Naowy looked at Sen incredulously.

"What do you think brother? Kya hacks into the school system here, we enroll and find our pack sister." Kya huffed.

"It's not as easy as you think, once we find him or her I'll have to hack into the system again and erase our files including the person we find. Then get them off the grid so they'll never had existed...but I can do it, the perks of being the daughter of an FBI agent, Sen pass me that shirt." Sen nodded and sighed deeply.
"Alright, I'll contact Silver. You two girls get everything set up, I'll meet you soon." Both "normal" looking girls nodded and took off near the small town.

~Silver?~

~Ah, Sen, I trust you and the others are safe on your journey back home?~

~We took a little detour ma'am, Naowy sensed another one like us however her soul was troubled.~ Sen heard the Alphess mentally groan.

~Sen how many times do I have to tell you, please don't call me ma'am it makes me feel old...back to the task at hand, I trust you three are going to find him or her?~ The husky mentally nodded as he looked around the makeshift camp keeping an eye out.
~Yes, so our return may be delayed by a week or two.~

~Understood brother, make sure your safe and if you need back up let me know, I'll send one a scout group toward you.~

~I will, thank you.~ As the mental connection from Silver faded Sen stood up and stomped out the remaining embers of the fire before running off and following the girls into the town.

Chapter 2: The New Kids

“Class we have three new students joining us today. Why don’t you all introduce yourselves?” The teacher of the math class directed the attention on the three newcomers that entered the classroom. Phoenix lifted her head off of her desk and observed the new faces with curiosity. Standing at the front of the room stood two girls and one guy seeming to be in their late teens.

“They must be seniors.” She thought. Becoming more curious she scanned the three, eyeing their appearances.
“Yo.” The first girl said, she was average height, wearing grey camo jeans with a white tank top and plaid jacket. She scratched her dark hair that blended well with her ebony skin. “Name is Kya, nice to meet you all.” Kya gave the class a crooked grin that made her hazel eyes light up before elbowing the guy standing next to her.

He was tall and his face was stoic, keeping a neutral expression as he raised an eyebrow at Kya. He was simple, wearing cargo shorts and a T-shirt expressed his personality. He turned to the class, sharp grey eyes scanned the classroom and for a short moment his eyes landing on Phoenix, who slightly blushed and averted her own eyes.
“Greetings.” His voice was gruff and deep as if he ever yelled the earth would rumble. “You may call me Sen.” Some of the girls in the classroom blushed and batted their eyes at the newcomer as Kya turned her head to the side and faked gagged.

The last girl looked at Kya and smiled softly in amusement. She wore a dress accented with flowers and around her neck was a chain holding one half of the Yin symbol. Her curly brown hair reached to her shoulders and her blue eyes held many emotions, some even Phoenix could not identify. The girl shook her head at Kya’s antics and finally introduced herself.

“And my name is Naowy, a pleasure.” She did a small curtsy. The teacher smiled at her new students and told them to sit in the back of the classroom where there are open seats.

~Naow, do you sense her?~ Kya initiated a conversation via pack link as they settled in their seats.

~Yes, she is in the row in front of us to your left and by the window.~ Kya and Sen glanced where Naowy told them to and saw a girl with dark red hair, freckles adorned her face and amber eyes dull as if there was no life to them at all. Sen frowned.

~Something is wrong…~ He heard Naowy mentally sigh.

~Yes, I know it’s her, but it seems her connection with her animal is weaker than normal, as if it was suppressed.~  Naowy eyed the classroom, narrowing her eyes as she caught wind of the whispers and fingers being pointed at the red headed girl. ~It seems her peers like to think of her as a crazy-psycho chick..~

Naowy glanced at Sen who had his chin rested upon his hands and his eyes were hooded by his eyelids. He was in deep thought and stayed like that for a couple minutes before replying.

~I told Silver we wouldn't take long on this mission but I sense this is going to take much more time than we like. We should befriend her and try to figure out the source of her block.~ Naowy and Kya agreed with Sen’s decision and the start of their plan had begun.

Phoenix sighed as she sat in the corner of the cafeteria, taking out her bagged lunch and began nibbling on an apple.

“Another normal day passing through.” She thought to herself.

“Hi there!” Phoenix jumped in shock as she looked up to the smiling face of one of the new students. Kya, was it? Standing next to her were the other two newcomers Naowy and Sen.

“Um...H-hi.” Phoenix was even in more shock when the trio sat at her table and as soon as that happened it seemed as if every pair of eyes in the cafeteria were locked on them.

“What are the new guys doing sitting next to ‘her’?”

“Oh gosh don’t tell me they want to be friends…”

“They might catch her insanity.”

The whispers started and Phoenix felt her head look down in shame, however she was not expecting to hear a low and rather feral growl emit from the girl Naowy.

“Jerks.” She hissed, but then turned towards Phoenix. “I hope we are not a bother but do you mind if we sit here?” The shy auburn haired girl shook her head. Naowy smiled.

“Thank you. My name is Naowy, what's yours?” Phoenix couldn't believe it, they were actually talking to her! She twiddled with her fingers nervously.

“I-it’s Phoenix.” She took a good look at all of them, they looked at her with such kindness, no judgment whatsoever adorned their faces.

“Phoenix huh? Nice name, I think we saw you in class earlier today, but just incase my name is Kya nice to meet ya.” Phoenix blinked at the exuberant yet laid back girl who was chewing on a piece of jerky taken from the bag laid out between her and the male. The said male looked at her and gave her a nod “A pleasure Phoenix, I’m Sen.”

Phoenix turned her attention back onto Naowy who once again gave her a kind smile. “We kind of noticed you were sitting alone and we just thought you could use some company. I hope we're not a bother to you.”
“O-oh no, not at all!” Phoenix quickly covered her mouth and blushed in embarrassment at her outburst. “Its no bother, really.” An awkward silence broke out between the four of them before Kya broke the still air.

“I think this is the start of a beautiful friendship.”

Sen sighed and pinched the bridge of his nose.

Alaska

Magic opened her eyes to stare at the boy in front of her. This was the newcomer Silver spoke of, he was young, only 12 years old and yet has been through what most would see in their lifetime. The boy twitched nervously, blushing a shade of pink as he looked at Magic. The young woman smiled reassuringly at the boy and started to ask.

“What is your name, cub?”

“Dean…”

“And why are you here Dean?”

“I-I ran away from home.”

“Why?” The boy was silent and in a low whisper that only a Therian with enhanced senses could hear said.

“They didn’t want me anymore…” Magic’s heart went out to the boy as a sadness and anger filled her. Many young ones here are the village are runaways, those whose family was afraid of what they are and could not accept change. Magic stood up and gestured the boy to follow her out of the cabin they were occupying.

“Walk with me cub.” The boy scrambled to his feet and followed Magic outside as the crunching of the snow covered ground adorned their footsteps and the sounds of the village filled their ears the spiritual woman asked Dean:

“Tell me, what do you see?” Dean looked at his surroundings in awe, the sight took his breath away. Men, women, and children alike smiling and laughing, being together as a family. He watched a group of people shift before his eyes from wolves, to tigers, lions, horses, and many more he could not even name. It was something from a fantasy book that his mother used to read to him.

“W-what is this place?” Magic smiled as she watched Dean’s eyes light up in amazement and hope.

“This, is home.” Magic turned towards him. “Ask me anything, I’m sure you have questions.” Dean blinked and slightly blushed.

“U-um, why is everyone barely wearing anything? Aren't you all cold?” Magic held a hand over her mouth as she laughed. “THAT’S his first question?” she thought. However he made a fair point, some of the older males only wore pants around the village and the females had some sort of binding covering their assets.

“S-sorry! I didn’t mean to-”

“Ah, it's alright Dean, that is a good question. You see clothes hinder our ability to shift, they either rip off or you can have a show of seeing a wolf trying to get a shirt over their head. As for your other question, no, there are fires around the village as well as our increased body temperatures help us keep warm. The children are covered up however, they are still learning to control their body temp.” Dean nodded slightly, trying to take the information in all at once.

“What is that symbol on you all? I see it on some of the villager’s chest and arms.” Dean pointed at the said symbol on Magic. It was the Theta-Delta symbol and within the middle was a paw, it graced its presence on Magic’s shoulder.

“Hm, that is our Pack’s Mark. It takes a rite of passage to earn this, where many young Therian’s go out to find themselves. They leave the village for a month and survive on their own, they return wiser and more connected with their animal thus bringing them to a state of  “Adulthood” if you can call it that. Any more questions?”

Dean looked at Magic in the eye before swallowing the lump in his throat.

“Why am I really here?” Magic tilted her head in a curious manner.

“Why?” She said. “Because you are different, and you know this, you knew that something about you was not right, you did not feel at peace nor fully ‘human’. You awakened and started to change, started to question things you didn’t before. As the time wore on you started hearing a voice to lead you on different path to act differently. Yet when your parents saw the change they couldn't accept it and they shunned you, no longer the place you grew up at is your home it is now a prison. Ah, but you escaped and followed your instincts you knew there was something more than to be locked up inside a mind that was not your own. Dean, you know why you’re here, you just don’t see it yet.”

The boy blinked at Magic for it seemed timed slowed as she spoke these words, when she turned she kneeled down to look at him face to face and poked his chest.

“Follow this.” She then proceeded to flick his forehead. “And not this. Do this, and you will finally see who you really are.” Dean blinked as she stood up and clapped her hands. “Well then! Let’s get you settled in, she that woman over there? Her name is Fantasy, she’ll get you settled into your cabin and lay down the rules for you. Got it?”

“Y-yeah.” Magic smiled at him as he walked off. “I’ll see you at the feast!” She crosses her arms and sighed as the young boy walked away she muttered. “He still has a lot to learn…”

2:10 pm: North Dakota

Phoenix couldn’t believe it, she had friends! There was a skip in her step as she walked home from school. After a while Phoenix warmed up to the trio and realized that she was really comfortable while talking to them. The voices didn’t even emerge from inside her head, it was like it was at peace. Humming a merry tune she turned the corner  at her block and stopped dead in her tracks. In front of her was Marcus and his gang of misfits.

“Maybe if I slowly walk away they won’t notice me.”

“Hey look guys its Psycho Phoenix!”

“Sh*t”

Marcus was a well built teen standing at 5’9” and as he walked closer to her Phoenix released a low growl. Marcus and the three other guys behind him laughed.

“Oh, feisty I like that!” he grabbed Phoenix by the arms as she cried out in slight pain. “Come on sweetie you gonna bite?”

“HEY!” The group turned their heads at the source of the noise and were in for a sight. Before them Naowy, Kya, and Sen stood their lips drawn back and an audible growl erupted from them. Sen’s being the loudest of the three. Phoenix shook her head as she observed them more, Naowy’s bared teeth showed sharp canines and Kya’s posture seemed to hunch over as if she was ready to sprint a marathon.

“Who the hell are you guys?” One of Marcus’ cronies yelled out.

“We should be asking you that very same question.” Naowy snarled. “Just what is the reason for a group of guys to gang up on an innocent girl? I find that very suspicious.” Marcus released his hold on Phoenix and stood up glaring at the trio.

“That’s none of your business.”

“On the contrary when it involves one of our friends I believe it is.” Kya stated.

“Psh. Friends? With this psycho? Oh what a riot!” As the gang of offenders laughed Sen decided he had enough and stepped up to Marcus. Being 6’3” the husky therian stood over the teen and looked down releasing a deadly growl. Marcus stopped mid-laugh to look up in fear at the man as he stumbled back almost landing on his arse.

“F-freaks! Come on guys, they’re not worth our time.” The gang walked away glaring at the group behind them as they sulked off. Phoenix blinked as she stared at the large hand in front of her. She looked up to see Sen, his feral features gone and a kinder expression adorned his face.

“T-thank you.” Kya with her arms crossed glanced at the girl.

“You alright Nyx?”

“N-nyx?” Kya shrugged.

“I needed a nickname for you, something short and sweet.” Naowy chuckled from behind.

“Just get used to it Phoenix. She does that to everyone she meets. So who were those guys?” Phoenix sighed as she tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear. She muttered.

“Just some guys I don’t get along with…”

“Ah I see, well don’t worry if they mess with you again, they will have to get through us.” Naowy smiled reassuringly to her.

“Would you like us to walk you home?” Sen asked. Phoenix nodded, grateful for her new friend’s gratitude. When Phoenix made it home she waved goodbye to the strange trio and ran up to her room avoiding her mother at all costs. Laying on her bed she broke into a grin, she had friends, friends that cared and with that thought she continued on with her day before settling down for bed, having strange dreams of running through the forest. Little did she know that she was being watched from her bedroom window from two sets of eyes glowing brightly in the dead of night.

~What’s the plan Naowy?~ Sen asked the timber wolf sitting next to him.

~We get her out of that house as soon as possible, I have a bad feeling about her being there. We’re going to have to act fast, understood?~

~Yes, shall I inform Silver that we may need a scouting group soon?~ Naowy mentally nodded.

~We cannot take any chances, better safe than sorry.~ Sen barked softly in confirmation and ran back to their encampment to inform Kya of the change of plans. Naowy scanned the house but suddenly froze, the feeling of being watched fell upon her. As she looked around she noticed a figure in one of the window’s of Phoenix's house. The female therian looked as she spotted a stern looking woman staring straight at her as if she was the plague. Naowy pressed her ears down and growled softly before turning and bounding off into the forest.

“She’s going to be a problem.”

Alaska: The Village

Skade grunted as he threw the elk on the ground in front of the butcher’s hut. Nova fell to the ground breathing hard. Skade chuckled as he helped Nova up to his feet.

“Not bad for your first hunt kid. You’ll get stronger every day, and soon be able to carry a fully grown elk not just a fawn.” The man smiled at Nova as the boy let out a breath in exasperation.

“Y-yeah, thanks I guess.” Mecca walked up and ruffled the boy’s hair.

“Nice job kid, go get cleaned up and get a good meal in you, you earned it.” Nova beamed at the approval and walked off into the heart of the village hoping to get some rest.

“Skade, just the man I wanted to see.” The Alphess of Silver Pack walked up to Mecca and Skade. As she approached they both nodded their heads in respect. The young woman smiled at the two and looked at their bounty.

“I see you all brought in a good load for the feast tonight.” The tundra wolf and the jackal smiled at the praise and nodded.

“Is there anything you need Silver?” The young woman blinked at Skade and sighed worriedly.

“Yes, I’m afraid Skade after the feast tonight you have a mission. It seems Sen, Naowy, and Kya have run into an issue with awakening one out own. Nothing too serious that they can’t solve, however Sen has requested a scouting group and the other groups are out training the young ones.” Skade crossed his arms over his bare chest as he nodded.

“Not a problem Silver, do you want a group of two or four?” Silver narrowed her eyes for a moment, thinking.

“Make it two, we want to be on the safe side.”

“Right, I’ll be sure to get ready. C'est grave, vraiment?

‘Je ne sais pas, Sen ne dirais pas.’

“I see.” Silver nodded and waved her hand at the two as she turned to walk back towards the village.

“You two clean up and get prepared for the feast, I have a feeling our lives are about to change.” Silver muttered the last part to herself as she watched her home and family prepare for the festivities tonight.

Chapter 3: Oh, the Places You'll Go

"Family! Friends!" The voice from the leader of the village filled the atmosphere. The excited chatter and murmurs around the giant fire fell in into a clear silence. Silver looked around and smiled before continuing. "Once again we gather here to celebrate the monthly feast! Once a month we gather under a full moon to celebrate our prosperity and peace that we have established for the past five years." The woman began to walk around stopping at a group of teens who sat cross-legged in front of the bonfire. "It is also a time to recognize a change in others, and to see them become official members of the pack." Howls and roars of excitement echoed throughout the clearing, Silver laughed in joy seeing her family being bathed in pure joy and happiness. "Well then! Shall we begin?"

Deep Woods of North Dakota

A irritated groan broke through the silence of the night, disturbing the content peace between the trio of Therians. Sen looked up from his work, he was sharpening arrows made for his makeshift bow and quiver.

“What is troubling you Kya?” The young woman sighed from her laying position, looking up to see the full moon adorning the forest floor, illuminating the area with a silver glow. She heard a soft content growl in the back of her mind, Millanius her wolf, was basking in the power of the moon.

“We are missing the monthly lunar feast.” Next to her Naowy chuckled softly.

“No need to worry Kya, there is always next month.” Kya sat up and stretched before giving a shrug.

“Yeah you’re right, but its always fun going to those, I wanted to see the young pups finish their rites.”  She turned towards Naowy. “So this change of plan, seems pretty risky to me Naow” Naowy nodded and ran a hand through her hair.

“It is, but Phoenix’s mother seems...off, as if she knows what she is and yet she scorns her for it. I want her out of that house as soon as possible. So lets review the plan, Kya?”

“I convince Nyx to invite us over to her house for a ‘study group’, that way you’ll be able to quickly soul scan her in peace to get rid of the block.” Naowy nods and then looks to Sen who grunted in agreement and said his part of the plan.

“Once you trigger the soul scan I have to keep her mother at bay, hopefully by then the scout team will be there for backup...just in case things go wrong.”
“Right, hopefully we can start this plan in a few days, if possible. It’s going to be a bumpy ride.” Naowy said. Sen blinked and looked up at the sky eyeing the moon’s position. He placed down the bow and quiver and looked at the two girls that became close family to him. He smiled softly before standing up observing his surroundings.

“I’ll take watch tonight, we all need rest, we have school tomorrow.” He heard Kya growl irritably.

“Ugh, even though I love finding others of our kind I sometimes hate it when they are in high school. The amount of hormones I can smell in that place are so strong it gives me a headache.” Naowy shook her head with a small smile adorning her face as she undressed.

“It’ll only be for a few more days Ky, I’m sure you can wait that long.” The blue-eyed girl exhaled calmly as she shifted into her true form laying down in front of the fire basking in the warmth. Kya and Sen followed her league. While Sen walked around the perimeter keeping watch, Kya laid down next to Naowy nuzzling her head in affection before settling down and falling asleep. And that is how Sen found the two an hour later after his watch.

“Hey Nyx!” Phoenix halted in mid step as she turned around to face her trio of new friends and smiled softly.

“Hi.” Kya ran up to her and grinned before asking.

“Mind if we walk with you?” Phoenix shook her head and the group continued walking to school. Days have passed and Phoenix saw herself opening up more to Sen, Naowy, and Kya. She was elated, they didn't judge her on what others said about her. They even saw her take her pills and they didn't say  anything! And now they’ll be coming over to her house after school to study together. Phoenix clenched the strap of her bookbag at the thought. What if her mother scared them away? Or if she didn't approve? She already had asked permission, yes, but something seemed off. She couldn't quite put her finger on it. She shook her head to clear her mind and glanced at the clock in the class room. It was 10 minutes before class ended, yet time seem to take forever when she was at school.

~Okay Ky, I officially agree with you, high school missions suck.~ Naowy had her head rested on one of her hands as she tuned out the monotonous history teacher going over the civil war. When she received no response she turned to look at her sister in all but blood.  ~Kya?~

~She is asleep Naowy.~ Sen responded to her with a smirking tone in his voice. He was faring no better, the young man’s eyes were half closed as if he were ready to fall flat on his face and disappear into a state of dreams.

~I told you, I could have taken watch last night you stubborn man!~ Sen merely gave her a mental grunt in dismissal and Naowy sighed.

‘Just a few more minutes of this and we can hopefully get out of here by tonight.’  She thought to herself. Finally after seeming like an eternity the final bell of that day rang and the group headed towards Phoenix's house. Approaching the home Phoenix grew more and more nervous not knowing what to expect from her mother. Reaching the front door she turned her head slightly to glance at her friends who in turned smiled at her. She relaxed slightly at that and opened the door while calling out.

“Mom? I’m home!” No answer. Strange. She gestured the others to follow her upstairs as she spoke. “My mom must have gone out shopping or something.” She opened the door to her room. “W-well here we are, you can place your stuff down by the door.”

“Ooo, nice place.” Kya looked around and flopped onto her bed. Sen nodded in agreement and Naowy walked to her window and stared as if she was looking for something.  

Beep! Beep!

Phoenix slightly jumped at the alarm on her watch and sighed. It was time to take her pills again, just great. As the shy girl reached down in her bag to retrieve her medicine Naowy and Kya exchanged a knowing glance at each other.

“Nyx?” Kya called her name.

“Hm?” Phoenix responding standing up with the bottle of meds in her hand. She looked at her with slight fear in her eyes.

“I’ve been meaning to ask...why do you take those pills?” The ebony skinned girl asked with a curious expression upon her face, her eyes holding questions and worry. Phoenix fiddled with the bottle and shift her feet nervously.

“U-um, i-its nothing.” Kya blinked and tilted her head like a curious dog.

“Nothing? I don’t think so, we see you take it every three hours on the hour. It must be something important.” Phoenix winced at Kya’s observation and looked down biting her lip. Sen took this moment to walk up and place a large hand on her shoulder. She flinched at the unexpected contact but looked up into gentle grey eyes.

“We won’t judge you Pheonix.” The young man’s voice reassured her and she took a deep breath before letting out her secret.

“I...I hear voices, in my head. The medicine is to make them stop.” She expected them to laugh at her, call her looney and insane like the others did. However the room was silent and not a single laugh escaped from their lips. Phoenix looked up and examined her friends faces, dark looks shadowed their features. Sen’s eyes no longer held the gentle kind look but within them was a murderous glint and a deep rumble reverberated from her chest. Naowy bared her teeth and Phoenix could have sworn she heard her say “Typical humans, fearing what they do not know.” She then looked at Phoenix, blue eyes meeting amber.

“Phoenix, when did you start hearing this voices?” Phoenix was startled at the sudden question, why were they not judging her? They actually cared for her well being?

“When, I was 7…” Sen began to pace in front of the door, stopping at some points as if to listen for something then continued. “W-what's going on?” Kya now sat crossed-legged on her floor, the laid back look gone from her face now adorned by serious, feral features.

“You are different Nyx.” Kya stated.

“D-different?” Naowy nods as she walks over to her.

“Yes, different, there is something or rather someone inside you that makes you different. It’s why you hear the voice in your head.”

“What are you talking about?” Naowy bit her lip.

~I didn’t want it to have to come to this, but her link to her true self is heavily blocked I have to start the scan now.~ Naowy stated in the pack link.

~What?! Naow, look at her shes about to go into hysterics, we need to calm her down first, let her absorb the information.~ Kya looked at her with a worried look.

~There is no time Ky, I have to start now, her mother could be home any moment. Sen contact Skade tell him to be ready to move.~ Naowy looked back at the frantic teenager and spoke to her in a calm voice.

“Phoenix I want you to look into my eyes.”

“What? Why would I-” Phoenix stared at Naowy and became silent her gazed and Naowy’s became glazed over as if in a trance. Kya sighed and looked over to Sen.

“Sense anything yet?” Sen shook his head.

“No, but I have a feeling Phoenix’s mother will be coming soon.”

“Then we better be ready.”

20 minutes passed and the two were on edge, Sen was once again pacing back and forth in front of the door and all of a sudden they both heard it.

Click!

“Phoenix?!”

~Well, sh*t~ Kya stated in the pack link and Sen couldn’t agree more.

“Phoenix?!” The shrill voice of the woman bounced of the walls of the house and the thumping of footsteps coming up the stairs graced the presence of the two therians ears. Sen quickly locked the door and signaled Kya to stay quiet. Mrs. Abadeer, Phoenix’s mother banged on the door.

“Girl! Open this door!”

~What do we do Sen?~

~We wait, the door may stall us for a few minutes but she will find a key.~

The banging persisted until finally the woman turned to get the key, she came back a few minutes later.

“When I open this door young lady, there will be consequences!” With a soft click the door was unlocked and the mother was in for a shock of what was in front of her. As she opened the door she viewed her daughter on her knees staring into the eyes of another girl as if in a trance. Another young female was to her right and a male stood in front of them in a protective manner.

“Who are you?! I have the right mind to call the police! What are you doing to my daughter?!” Kya stepped in front of Sen showing both hands in front of her trying to calm the woman’s nerves.

“Ma’am we are Phoenix’s friends, we are trying to help her.” The mother narrowed her eyes, a malicious glint shone in her eyes.

“Help her? My freak of a daughter?” Kya clenched her fist and bit her lip not wanting to thrash out. “Oh! I get it, you're one of those were-wolf freaks aren’t you? Prancing around with fake tails and claiming you are not even human. Hah! I’ve dealt with your kind before, just a quick call to the doctors and they’ll take care of you real quick. I’ve been wanting to do that to Phoenix, ever since she started hearing voices in her head. Now I have more of a reason to do so, to get her away from you freaks!” Sen snarled and for a quick moment the woman back up in fear before shaking her head and standing her ground.

“Hmph! I-” She was interrupted by a blood-curdling scream. Sen and Kya winced and turned their heads just in time to see Naowy’s head thrown back as if she received whiplash and her eyes rolling to the back of her head before she collapsed to the ground.

However the scream came from Phoenix who was gripping her head and shaking her head frantically. Kya cursed under her breath and ran over to pick up Naowy.

“Sen! Get Nyx, we need to leave NOW!” Sen realizing what was happening ran to pick up Phoenix as well turning to only find the despicable woman still blocking the door. His voice low and deadly sounded out to the mother.

“Move.” She glared at them not moving an inch.

~Dammit we don’t have time for this!~ Kya turned towards the bedroom window and opened it, making sure to have a tight hold on Naowy she jumped out the window. Sen growled at the foul woman one last time before turning and following Kya out the window. As he ran into the forest with a thrashing Phoenix in his arms he could faintly hear her mother screaming out the window. He soon caught up with Kya running beside her.

~Skade, we need you and Mecca here now!~ Kya sent out an urgent message through the link.

~Why, what’s wrong?!~ Skade’s worried tone replied.

~Naowy awakened one of our own, however she has been suppressing the natural process for so long the reaction is violent. She’s going to shift at any moment with no control over herself!~

~Don’t worry we are on our way!~

Suddenly Sen cried out in pain and stopped running, Phoenix escaped from his hold and fell to the ground shaking violently. Kya stopped as well and placed Naowy down in a safe area by a tree and ran out to Sen who was gripping his arm. A crimson liquid ran down his arm, three scratch marks raked down the appendage red and inflamed. Another painful scream erupted from Phoenix causing Kya to curse.

“Sen can you still shift?” The man nodded his head.

“Good we might need to hold her off until Skade and Mecca gets here. Can you handle it?”

“Yes.” He grunted out. Both quickly shifted ripped garments now upon the forest floor. They watched, worried for their friend as she kept crying out in agony.

Pain.

Pure unadulterated pain coursed through Phoenix’s body as she felt her self shift. Bones snapped and realigned themselves. New appendages growing and some receding.

She wanted it to stop.

But what was worse was her head, the voice was screaming at her wanting to be free, in the few final moments of her agony she let go, letting herself feel no more and subjected herself to the sweet darkness that engulfed her.

Ł I AM FREE  Ł

And thus she knew no more.

Skade and Mecca ran swiftly through the forest, soon arriving at the scene. In front of them was a sight. A lioness, her fur a deep golden brown, was growling at an arctic wolf and an husky. Her position was low as if ready to pounce without hesitation. Kya glanced at the kitsune his five tails flicking dangerously.

~It’s about time you two got here I’m afraid you would miss the party.~  And with that sentence the lioness lunged and the battle began.

Chapter 4: The Battle Within

The rage of an animal is something to admire and something to fear. However when the rage of a Therian is present that is something to separate yourself from. The combined emotions from both animal and human block the state of control and soon the instinct of the animal takes over, ignoring pain and thriving on the thrill of the hunt.

Thud!

A husky’s body slammed against the tree as it was thrown of balance causing leaves to fall from the plant.

~Sen!~ Kya cried out before a large body slammed against her. The arctic wolf snarled as she struggled against the large lioness previously known as Phoenix. In the distance Skade and Mecca were low and approaching cautiously watching the battle between wolf and lion.

~We need to knock her out…~ Mecca said, preparing to jump in to help out her pack mates. The five-tailed kitsune sent a mental nod towards Mecca and quickly began to think of a plan. Kya jumped back from the lethal claws of Phoenix, and as she looked into her eyes that no longer held the bright amber she once knew Kya tried to contact Phoenix while avoiding deadly strikes.

~Nyx! Snap out of it! Its me!~ She yelped as a set of claws raked her chest. ~I don’t want to hurt you!~ Before Phoenix could achieve another swipe a large body slammed into her. Sen, was back on his feet breathing harshly. The husky suppressed a whine of pain as he attempted to pin the feline. With ease, Phoenix was able to once again throw Sen off of her.

An exhausted groan broke through the sounds of battle and time grew still. The lioness turned her head to the source of the noise. Naowy, who was leaning against the tre Kya laid her on earlier, was rubbing her head and regaining her senses.

~Naowy! Move!~ Sen barked out, but it was too late, Phoenix had lunged at the young female aimed to kill. However before the claws could reach her two bodies slammed into Phoenix launching her into a tree and with a sickening crack the body fell limp on the forest floor. Naowy leaned onto the tree breathing harshly as the adrenaline coursed through her veins. She ran a hand through her hair and laughed dryly.

“Well that could’ve gone better.” A deep irritated growl from Sen was her response. Naowy brushed herself off and walked towards Phoenix who was now out of her lioness form and unconscious blood ran down from the wound upon her head. Naowy shrugged off the jacket she was wearing and covered the now awakened teen with it.

“We should get going before-” Naowy said aloud before the sound of blaring alarms emerged from the distance and faint yelling could be heard surrounding them. Skade sniffed the air as his ears flicked from the noise.

~Humans, they must of heard the commotion.~ Skade turned around. ~Mecca and I will go ahead to clear the camp site. Sen can you walk?~

~Yes, however I won’t be able to run far.~ During this conversation Naowy picked up Phoenix and placed her on Kya’s back, the two ladies seemed to be having their own rushed communication. Wolf’s eyes met human’s (for the moment anyways) and in an instant it seemed an agreement washed over the two. Making sure Phoenix was secure on her back Kya dipped her head to Sen indicating she was ready and Naowy quickly shifted. The sounds of the yelling police were getting closer, Skade and Mecca already gone, the trio of canines sprinted off into night making their way home.

Phoenix woke up with a gasp, sitting up and frantically looking at her surroundings.

‘Where am I?’ She was in a cabin of some sort, beds surrounded the perimeter and she felt the warmth from the sheets she was surrounded with. A dull throbbing pain coming from her head caused her to hiss in discomfort. Reaching up to rub it she felt a bandage surrounding her cranium.

“Ah, about time you woke up.” Phoenix looked for the source of the noise only to find a woman leaning against the doorway. She simply wore pants and bindings around her chest. On the top of her chest adorned a mark, a triangle and circle that seemed to go through each other and in the middle was a paw. Her brown hair reached to her shoulders and the woman’s brown eyes that were speckled with green flecks looked at Phoenix as if she were staring into her very soul.

“W-who are you? Where am I?” Phoenix clenched the covers surrounding her in fear. The woman walked up to her and sat on the foot of her bed with a smile.

“There’s no need to be afraid sister, you’re safe here. My name is Silverblack and you’re home.”

“Home?” Phoenix blinked. Silver nodded before sighing and rubbing her head.

“Yes, home, and I have to say it took a while for you to get here, you wounded some of the best scouts this pack has to offer.” The woman chuckled. “You put up quite a fight, cub.” Phoenix narrowed her eyes trying to think past the pain. How did she know her name?

“Nyx! You’re awake!”

“Kya! You shouldn’t burst in unannounced!” Phoenix was shocked to say the least when she saw the three people she least expected burst into the cabin. Kya was running up to her, with Naowy holding her arm and being dragged. Sen walked in calmly behind them. Phoenix took note at their different appearances. Naowy and Kya were wearing a similar attire to what Silver was wearing only Kya had a feather earing in her right ear. Naowy however had tribal markings adorning her upper arms and face. Sen seemed the same, however he lacked a shirt. On his right arm he carried a mark similar to Silver and the two girls on his left was a bow and arrow tattoo. All of a sudden Phoenix was engulfed in a hug by Kya who was rambling “Never scare us like that again! We could have lost you!” Naowy just shook her head and sighed, turning and bowing her head to Silver in respect.

“I apologize for our intrusion Silver.” The leader of the secret village just smiled and waved her hand.

“It’s no problem, however I trust you three to show her the ropes, hm? It might be a while before you three go on scouting duty again.” Naowy nodded once more to Silver.

“Of course.” Silver beamed.

“Great I’ll leave you three to catch up!” And with that Silver walked out leaving the odd group of friends alone.

“So Phoenix how are you feeling?” Naowy asked.

“How am I feeling? HOW AM I FEELING?!” The three flinched at her sudden outburst. “You kidnapped me! I have no idea where I am or how you got me here! I have a throbbing headache and supposedly I end up in a place where it’s okay for everyone to be half naked, and you ask me how I’m feeling?!” Naowy, Kya, and Sen winced at every lash Phoenix gave out, once she was done the anger left from Phoenix's face and she sighed.

“Phoenix I know this looks bad and you have a lot of questions right now, we’ll do our best to answer them.” Naowy said in a reassuring tone.

“Where am I?”

“Alaska.” Phoenix choked and Kya stood up to slap Sen in the back of his head.

“Don’t be so blunt with your answers for Spirits sake!” Sen rubbed the back of his head and grunted out an apology to Phoenix who seemed to pale considerably.

“A-Alaska?!” Kya sighed and nodded.

“Yes, Alaska, one of the most secluded states in the U.S.” Phoenix nodded seeming to absorb the information.

“What happened to me, and how did I get here?”

“Well, after Naow here soul scanned and awakened you, you shifted into your true form and kind of went crazy on us.” Phoenix flinched at the word crazy and Kya quickly apologized. “Anyways, we knocked you out and took you here, you were out for two weeks.” Phoenix looked highly confused.

“Shifted? Awakening? What are you guys talking about?” Kya gave her an awkward crooked grin, Phoenix’s eyes widen slightly as she eyed the sharp canines in Kya’s mouth.

“Ah it’s probably better if we show you. Sen if you would-” Before Kya could finish her sentence Sen had stripped down (Much to Phoenix’s embarrassment) and right before their eyes turned into a large huskywolf. Phoenix cried out in shock.

“H-how? W-what?” Naowy placed a hand on her shoulder in an attempt to calm her down.

“Phoenix, this is what we meant when we said you were different. You are known as what we call ourself, a Therian. One who is not really human, but animal. You see we found you because I sensed that your true self was blocked, as well as when we find one of our own we never leave them behind. The voice in your head, that was your animal talking wanting to be free, but you were surprising her by the medication you took. When I scanned you I removed that block but your animal was blocked for so long that it built up its rage and frustration causing a violent reaction from you.”  Phoenix rubbed her head trying to take all the information at once.

“So when that lady, Silver, said I was “Home”...what did she mean?” Sen walked up to the side of her bed and nuzzled her arm, he received a soft smile in return of his affections.

“Well, it’s exactly what she meant, you are home. Where all most of our kind live.” Kya helped her out of bed and led her outside Sen and Naowy following behind them.

“Woah…” The site took Phoenix’s breath away as she watched the normal routine of the villagers go about their day. Naowy and Kya both smiled, Naowy putting a hand on her shoulder and saying:

“Welcome to the pack, sister.”

Kya, Naowy, and Sen gave Phoenix a tour throughout the village explaining how for the next few months they will be her teachers in learning about the jobs, ranks, and history of the pack, and learning how to connect with one’s animal. She would be living with them for the time being, under their guidance 24/7. It would be an understatement to say how shocked and confused Phoenix was but in a way she enjoyed it. She realized that no more she would be criticized by her mother or bullied by her peers. Here she was like everyone else, there were people who cared for her, her friends. She was ready to face this new life, taking anything that would be thrown at her!

Splat! Except that.

A snowball collided with Phoenix’s back. She yelped at the cold and turned around the glare a Kya who smiled furiously.

“First lesson!” She said. “Learn how to dodge!” And thus her lessons began.

“Something troubling you Silver?” A female voice interrupted the Alphess’ thoughts. Silver turned around from where she was sitting to see who called her.

“Ah Fantasy, how’s Dean doing in his training?” Fantasy raised an eyebrow.

“Fine, but you did not answer my question Silver.” Silver “hm’d” and sighed before replying.

“I’m afraid our village will not be seeing peace for much longer Fantasy. Something evil comes this way I can feel it.” Fantasy sat down next to Silver and bit her lip.

“We’ve survived this long Silver, I think we can take whatever is thrown at us.” Silver looked out into the distant clearing in front of her and muttered.

“I sure hope so Fantasy, I sure hope so.”

Last edited by Kya Swiftpaw on Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:50 pm; edited 3 times in total
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Kin/Therio type : Artic Wolf
Job/hobbies : Meditation, Working Out, Reading.

Back to top Go down

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* Empty Re: An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

Post by Silver Black Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:48 pm

AW GAWD I LOVED THAT STORY.  PLEASE MORE <3  !!
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* Empty Re: An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:52 pm

Chapter 5: Let the Training Commence!

“So! First thing to learn is the ranks and rules here of the pack!” Naowy clapped her hands together as she watched Phoenix get settled in their cabin. She was given a set of new clothes to wear and some linen. Kya and Sen were out hunting so it was just the two girls for today. Phoenix was given the run down of shifting and the village earlier this morning but she still couldn’t quite comprehend the situation.

“Ranks?” Phoenix asked as she placed the covers on her new bed.

“Mhm. Ranks are authoritative positions in the village. First we have the Alpha or Alphess, the leader of the village, you met her earlier today. Then there’s the Betas, there the second in command and oversee the Delta’s tasks.” While talking Naowy helped Phoenix with her clothes. “There are only a total of four Deltas, one for each specific group. One of the four groups are the Scouts, its their job to go out into the world and find others like us. Sen, Kya, and I are a scout group and she may not look or act like it at times Kya is the Delta of the Scouts.” Naowy chuckled to herself softly.

“Then their are the Warriors, basically the backbone of the pack, of course they protect and defend, there is no determined Delta for the Warriors yet so Shadow, one of our Betas is leading that group. If you don't know how to find a Warrior you can always tell by their pack mark. Instead of a normal paw in the middle, the paw has claws indicating Warrior status. Next is the Hunters, they are the ones who go out and provide for the pack, they are experts in their skills in both human and animal form. Sen is a Hunter and you can identify them by the bow and arrow mark on one of their arms.”

“I thought Sen was a Scout?” Phoenix asked. Naowy nodded and answered her question while helping her apply Phoenix’s bindings.

“Yes he is. Scouts can be either Warriors or Hunters as well.”

“What’s the fourth group then?”

“The fourth group are the spirit walkers, they are the spiritual side of the pack. Spirit walkers are the ones who soul scan and teach the younger members how to meditate and connect with their animal. There is always one spirit walker with a scout group and you can identify us by the tribal markings on our arms or face. Like the warriors we don’t have a definite Delta so Magic, our other Beta leads our group.” Once Naowy was finished explaining she gave Phoenix a jacket with a smile. Phoenix bit her lip in concentration and nodded in thanks for the jacket. It was a lot to take in, each member had their own major role.

‘If I stay here, I think I would want to become a scout. That way I can help others like me.’

“Um, Naowy I-” She stopped mid-sentence, Naowy’s eyes seemed distant as if she was in a trance. “Naowy?” The spirit walker blinked and shook her head, cursing under her breath.

“I apologize Phoenix, I’m needed somewhere else. You may walk around the village if you would like, dinner is at sundown.” With that Naowy turned and walked out the cabin leaving Phoenix by herself. The teen sighed and walked outside, squinting her eyes at the sudden change of light. Walking around, Phoenix was still in awe at the scenes around her. The laughter of children and the love seen between family and friends. Her eyes lit up in wonder as she saw rather large birds of different species fly up into the large pine trees. Looking closely she could see people on top of the branches relaxing within the pine.

Too busy looking at her surrounds Phoenix did not sense the body in front of her hence leading her to run into the figure.

“Ah!” The figure stepped forward regaining her balance and turned around to look at the person who ran into her. Brown eyes met blue and Phoenix quickly dipped her head to apologize.

“I-I’m sorry!”

“Oh it’s quite alright I-...Hm, are you new here?” Phoenix looked up to get a better look at the person she ran into. She was tall and had her brown hair tied up in a messy bun. Phoenix noticed on her arm she had a bow and arrow mark.

“U-um, yes I arrived here two weeks ago but I was unconscious.”
“Ah! You’re Phoenix, right?” Phoenix nodded her head poking her fingers together nervously. “Well my name is Fantasy, it's nice to see new faces here. Ah, excuse me one moment.” Fantasy turned her head and called out.

“Dean I could smell your nerves from a mile away, try again!” A loud groan sounded off from a nearby cabin and a small boy revealed himself his green eyes showed irritation. Fantasy turned back to Phoenix. “Sorry about that, I took a young cub under my wing and he is still learning the ropes...What’s wrong?” Phoenix had a confused look on her face.

“I-if you don’t mind me asking why do you call him cub? I heard my friends call me that earlier as well.”

“Ah, you don’t know your theriotype yet? Hm, well we call the young ones and newcomers pups, cubs, fledglings, hatchlings, whatever the younger form of their theirotype is called because they have not gone through their rites yet.”

“Rites?” Fantasy nodded.

“Yes, your rites happens once you are able to shift without any problems and for a month you are sent miles away from the village to survive on your own. We do this so one can connect with their theriotype and essentially become one.”

“So, what’s my theriotype?” Fantasy smiled.

“You have to figure that out yourself, throughout your training. You already have a head start. You are some type of feline, I can smell it on you.” The huntress tapped her own nose and smiled.

The next two months were probably the hardest and best two months of Phoenix’s life. Finally used to the way of living she came out of her shell and was more exuberant, much to Kya’s enjoyment. Throughout her friend’s teachings she learned many things of the village’s history and history of Therians. Needless to say Phoenix was surprised when she learned that the pack started online with only a handful of them. She learned more about Naowy, Kya, and Sen as well. Turns out Sen is more talkative when it’s only him and the three of them around. What Phoenix enjoyed the most however was the monthly lunar feast. Seeing the whole village come together and bond was a sight to behold. Now, Phoenix was working on finding her Theriotype, but unfortunately things weren't working out for her.

“Ugh!” Phoenix fell back onto the ground rubbing her head. “It’s pointless Naowy I can’t do this.” She pushed her red hair away from her eyes and turned her head seeing Sen and Kya in the lotus position facing each other. Their eyes were closed and all was still around them.

“Never say you can’t cub.” Naowy opened her eyes from her own position and sighed. “Learning how to connect with your theriotype is important. It creates a bond between the two of you, look at Kya and Sen, I can tell from experience they are talking to their inner selves binding and having a better connection.” Phoenix sat back up a frustrated look on her face.

“But I’ve been trying for months now and nothing has happened…” The forest surrounded them, sounds of nature filled their ears and a nearby stream could be heard in the distance.

“There will be times when you have doubt, but don't let that bring you down, before the village was founded and we were miles apart with the only communication being online it took us years to be able to shift a physical part of our body.” That sentence only seemed to deject Phoenix even more and Naowy quickly apologized.

“I-I didn't mean it like that! I’m sorry!”

“I have an idea.” Sen’s voice entered the conversation, he stood up and walked over to the two. Phoenix raised an eyebrow.

“Oh?” Sen nodded.

“Hunting.” Naowy looked at Sen with wide eyes.

“Hunting Sen, really?”

“The thrill of the hunt always helps trigger your instincts and theriotype.” He looked at Phoenix.

~Have you gotten use to using the pack link?~ Sen’s voice suddenly filled her mind.

~Yes.~ Phoenix replied. She remembered having to learn how to use it. For a total of two weeks her trio of friends refused to speak out loud with her and she was not allowed to speak either. For the first week it was like she was playing a game of charades while she was trying to figure out how to send her thoughts and sentences through the pack link.

“Then it is settled, you and I will go hunting tomorrow at dawn. It will be a week long trip.” Phoenix looked at Sen with slight apprehension.

“Will I need to pack anything?”

“No, what we will be doing is honing our theriotype’s instincts during this trip, it is more effective that way.” Naowy was mumbling to herself how she thought it wasn't a good idea but Sen just gave her a soft smile and shook his head. Looking at the now darkening sky he walked over and tapped Kya, waking her from her meditative state.

“It’s time for dinner, we should head back.” The three girls agreed and walked back to the village.

Skade was standing in front of Nova with a wide grin on his face. The five-tailed kitsune therian was proud of his student.

“Soon I won’t be allowed to call you pup anymore Nova.” It was finally time for Nova to go through his rites. The young man was nervous and it took Mecca and Skade the entire day to calm his nerves.

“Y-yeah.” Skade patted his shoulder in comfort.

“You’ll do fine Nova, Mecca and I have taught you everything we know. Just remember to follow your instincts.” Nova took a deep breath and exhaled slowly nodding while doing so.

“You’re right.”

“Good! Let’s go see Shadow then, she’ll get you started on your rites.” Skade led Nova outside to a clearing where a young woman stood, a bow and quiver was slung across her back and she seemed to be staring off into the wood as if looking for something.

“Shadow?” Skade caught Shadow’s attention and she turned around to look at her brother in all but blood and the young pup.

“Ah, I see he’s ready to begin his rites?” Her voice was quiet but held a firm tone to it. Shadow nodded with a grin on his face making his blue eyes light up in pride.

“Yeah, we wanted to get started before sundown.” Shadow nodded and walked up to Nova, her stride was strong and confident and her stance showed she was ready to spring to action in a moments notice.

“Once you start you cannot go back, you know this.” Shadow stated to the young therian. Nova nodded firmly and placed his right hand over his heart saluting respectfully to the beta.

“Yes, I am confident and ready to begin my journey.”

“Hm, shift.” Nova did as he was told shifting quickly. Shadow walked around the red wolf observing and speaking to Skade at the same time.

“He has improved since the last time I’ve saw him, you’ve taught him well.” Nova sat proudly with his head held high and body at attention. Shadow looked into his eyes and spoke through him with the pack link.

~Nova, on this day you have chosen to take your rite of passage and start your journey to earn your mark and become a true member of the pack. Let it be known that you will be spending one lunar cycle in your true form, becoming one with yourself and your theriotype. You shall let the bond between you two grow and in turn you will survive on this harsh lands. Now, Nova Apprentice of Skade and Mecca, will you take your leave?~ The red wolf stared back into the eyes of one of the pack’s greatest warriors and simply replied.

~I will.~

~Then go! Let your hunt be prosperous and your will stay strong.~ With those words Nova sprinted off into the forest, beginning his journey and leaving a proud mentor behind.

“He’ll do fine Skade, I’m sure of it.” Shadow, standing beside him ruffled his hair and Skade in return looked up growled at the warrior in irritation.

“Just because I’m short doesn’t mean you have to do that all the time.” Skade crossed his arms and sighed. “And I know he’ll be fine, I just can’t help but worry.” Shadow gave him a rare smile wrapped an arm around his shoulder.

“Come on, a good sparring session will cheer you up.” Skade chuckled.

“What, you want to get your butt kicked again by tripping over a rock?” Shadow snarled showing her sharp canines.
“Damnit that was one time!” Skade laughed and ran off to the training grounds and an irate Shadow followed behind him, threatening to shoot him with her bow.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Mon Jul 04, 2016 5:53 pm

Ah Thanks Silver and no worries! I'm writing chapter 6 as we speak, when I was editing and rereading this I fell in love with it once more, there's no way I can abandoned it now!
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Mon Jul 04, 2016 6:15 pm

I sent you a private message :3
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Mon Jul 04, 2016 8:41 pm

Chapter 6: The Thrill of the Hunt

“Make sure you use your internal energy to keep warm.”

“Naowy.”

“Don’t forget when hunting stay low, you want the prey to be unsuspecting.”

“Naowy…”

“Drink plenty of water, eat the snow if you have to, but remember not the yellow colored-”

“Naowy!” The said woman turned around and gave Kya a fierce glare.

“What?!” Kya just raised her eyebrow and shook her head.

“I’m sure Phoenix will be fine. She’s with Sen, who could be safer?” Kya’s ears perked as she heard Sen growl playfully at her for the comment.

“I guess you’re right I worry too much.” Kya snickered.

“That you do, mother.”

“Why you-” The arctic wolf therian laughed as she ran out their cabin with an irritated Naowy tailing her. Sen just shook his head at their antics and looked at Phoenix who was occasionally biting her lip out of nerves.

“Are you ready?” His deep voice rumbled throughout the cabin. Phoenix nodded meekly and Sen placed a hand on her head and ruffled her hair.

“You’ll be fine, let's go.” The two walked outside heading toward the edge of the village. Phoenix laughed as she walked past Naowy and Kya. Naowy had Kya pinned to the ground and was tickling her without mercy, waving a farewell to the both of them Phoenix caught up to Sen who was now looking onward into the forest. He grunted in thought before stripping down and shifting quickly Phoenix following his actions with a slight blush on her face.

Becoming her animal was an odd feeling she had to get used to. At first it was painful, feeling her bones rearrange and take place in different positions was an experience. However after numerous amounts of practicing she soon began to feel less pain and shifting became natural. The only downside to this is because she is not connected to her theirotype it was hard for Phoenix to take control of her instincts. At times strong animalistic rage would take over her conscious and that led to either Sen or Kya to hold her down or knock her out until the episode past. Phoenix was always ashamed of this however Naowy comforted her by saying once she is one and in control of her theirotype, she and her animal would be able to work as one.

~Nyx? Are you ready?~ Sen took in Phoenix as she was a sight to see. Before him stood a powerful lioness her dark fur glistened in the Alaskan sun. Her powerful paws made giant tracks in the snow as her tail flicked lazily. Sen felt Taka, his theiroype, release a deep growl showing his appreciation to the female in front of him. Sen shook his head and huffed, he had Kya, Naowy, and now Nyx to protect. He would state his thoughts with hunting. Phoenix looked at Sen with a curious look, her ears flicking at the noises that surrounded them.

~Yes, I am ready Sen. Shall we go?~ Sen grunted in confirmation and the two bounded off into the forest ready to chase their unsuspecting prey.

Kya looked up at Naowy, whose face was flushed from laughter. The two had rolled around endlessly in their tickle war, Naowy ending up the winner for still being on top of the Arctic wolf, and now both opponents were defeated catching their breath in the process. Kya smirked and leaned up quickly to peck Naowy on the cheek. Naowy’s flushed face became a deeper shade of red as Kya wiggled her eyebrows. She playfully punched Kya in the shoulder and huffed crossing her arms in the process.

“You and Sen tease me endlessly, you know that?” Naowy felt Kya chuckle beneath her, she now had her hands behind her head, not a care in the world that her pack mate was sitting on her and she was lying in the cold snow.

“You know you love it Naow, besides I’m the one who initiates the teasing Sen joins in for fun.” Naowy snorted as she ran her hand through her dark locks.

“You two will be the death of me I swear.”

“That’s the beauty of the scout group Naow, we’re tight-knit and drive each other crazy~” Kya now leaned up supported herself on her elbows, looking at the young woman before her she sensed her worry as she looked off in the direction where Sen and Phoenix ran off to. “Hey, they’ll be fine Naowy, Sen has it under control, he always does.”

She heard the Spirit Walker sigh and stand up, Kya soon following her.

“I know Kya, but it’s just I can’t help but worry, Nyx has had her Theirotype suppressed for so long I’m afraid if she’ll be able to control the instincts, you should know that, having to take her down a few times when her instincts kick in.”

Kya “hm’d” and scratched the back of her head before wrapping an arm around Naowy and giving her a squeeze.

“I know, I know, I'm worried too but I know Sen can handle it. You know him he's stubborn and he's bound to get his way, they’ll figure it out while they're out there.” All of a sudden a loud rumbling growl came from Naowy’s stomach. Her face turned into a darker shade of red as Kya laughed.

“See all that worrying has made you hungry, come on let’s go to the pit and see if there’s any smoked deer left, I’ve been craving for some lately.” Naowy smiled at Kya and nodded following her back to the village but not before looking back at the forest surrounding them and suppressing a shudder, something bad was going to happen and she knew it.

A Husky and Lioness bounded through the snow covered forest, feeling the adrenaline rush through their bodies and minds, comforting their inner beast. Sen howled into the air out of excitement, while Phoenix roared sending the resting birds flying out of their homes and into the sky.

~You were right Sen, it feels great to let go and just run!~ Sen running beside her growled playfully and huffed in agreement.

~Indeed Nyx, sometimes it's best to let go and become one with yourself~ As they ran into an open field they slowed their pace to a walk, Sen panting and tongue rolling out of his mouth from exertion. The Husky sat down ears erect as he eyes the lioness pacing back and forth in front of him.

~Relax Nyx, do not fight her, you’ve been sedating her for so long that she has become irritable and restless, be calm feel what she feels, what she wants that is the way you two can become one.~

Phoenix blinked her pacing coming to a stop and in place her tail now flicked lazily her amber eyes seemed to dull and breathing slowed. In turn she sat in front of Sen closed her eyes and let out a form of a sigh. She could do this, she can become one with her theriotype and be at peace with herself.

~Good Phoenix, now are you reading to hunt?~

~Yes, Sen I’m ready.~ Sen’s head bobbed up and down in a form of a nod and he stood up once more before breaking into a run toward the tree line with Phoenix at his heels. As Sen picked up the scent of a nearby elk a sudden sense of dread washed over him, he shuddered as his fur bristled, a sign of incoming danger.

‘Something’s not right, I can feel it.’ Sen glanced back at Phoenix feeling her happiness and joy of being free within the pack link. ‘Maybe we should turn back.’ As the worrying thoughts briefly distracted the husky he was unaware of the malicious object hidden within the forest floor, so when a sudden ‘crack!’ and the scent of blood filled the air, Sen went into a brief moment of shock before howling in pain.

~Sen!~ Phoenix’s ears folded to the back of her head in fear as she turned around to see her packmate. Fear and horror of what she saw kept her grounded and unable to move. Sen’s right hind leg was caught in an intricate bear trap, Sen himself was snarling in pain and Phoenix could see him trying to shift back his fur receding as well as his facial features but he was in too much pain to focus. Phoenix shook herself to come out of her shocked state and ran up to Sen whimpering as she nuzzled him in attempt to keep him pacified.

~Nyx! Go get help! I’m unable to unlatch this on my own, and I can’t focus hard enough to reach the others at this distance.~ Phoenix growled in an attempt to let irritation overcome her fear.

~I can’t just leave you! You’re defenseless!~ As Phoenix sniffed around the trap looking at the contraption and trying her best to help, Sen’s head lifted up and his ears perked as if listening to something out in the distance.

~Phoenix, you need to leave NOW!~ Sen harshly barked at her as she looked up, fear and confusion clouded her eyes.

~Wha-~

~Don’t worry about me! Go back to the village and let Silver know that Hunters are near! This isn’t a laughing matter, go now!~

~But Sen!~

~GO~ Sen snapped at her, nearly biting the lioness’ leg as she staggered back, Phoenix whimpered once more before turning and sprinting out of the forest, making her way back to the village. Hours past as Sen whimpered in pain, trying to concentrate enough to contact Kya or Naowy but it was to no avail. Him and Phoenix were three days out from the village and Sen prayed to the Spirits watching over him that help would come sooner or later. His ears perked as he heard heavy footsteps moving through the snow and his heart filled with dread and his animal growling at the anger approaching.

“Well well, what’s a domestic husky doing all out here in the middle of nowhere ‘hm?” Out of the trees a man approached, shotgun slung across his back and walking stick in hand. Sen eyed him growling in warning, as the human laughed ignoring his growl in earnest as he crouched down in front of him.

“You’re a long way from home aren’t ya doggy?”

The Village

Naowy shook her head with a smile as she watched Kya gorge on the smoked elk leg, laughing as she listened to a fellow pack mate tell a story about a failed hunt. As she sipped out of a skin of water she suddenly felt Kya tense beside her, dropping the venison leg on the ground before her. Startled at her sudden reaction Naowy turned and shook Kya’s shoulder.

“Kya? What's wrong?” Kya sucked in a breath, blinking rapidly as she turns to face Naowy a grim look on her face.

“I-I don’t know I just felt a strong sense of dread wash over me but now it's gone.” Naowy narrowed her eyes in concern, her, Sen, and Kya have a strong connection it comes with being a matured scout group. At times when focused they could feel each other's emotions a helpful tool when one of them is in danger or scared.

“Are you sure?” Kya nodded shaking her head and frowning as she looked her dropped food.

“Yeah, but now I’m mad I dropped my dinner.” Naowy snorted as she playfully slapped the back of Kya’s head.

“Oh for Spirits sake, you eat raw meat from living animals that Spirits only knows where they’ve been.” A Black Panther sitting next to her let of a version of a laugh as it was gnawing on a bone. Kya gave Naowy a toothy grin as she chuckled.

“Fair point Naow.” And with that she picked up her food brushed it off and vigorously started to devour her dinner once more. Naowy just giggled as she rolled her eyes careful to hide her worry and fear from the link she had with Kya, they both knew that the feeling Kya felt was not a coincidence.

Two Days Later

Phoenix was exhausted, her limbs burned in protest but she couldn’t stop, she wouldn’t her friend was in danger. She almost cried in relief as she saw the outline of the village and put on another burst of speed. Focusing as hard as she could she cried out in the pack link her voice loud and terrified.

~NAOWY! KYA!~

The desperation and fear in her voice was so potent and loud everyone in the village stopped turned to the direction of the call. As Pheonix reached the boundaries, of the community she saw everyone shifted and in their human form surrounding her. She collapsed and shifted back to her human self, feeling a blanket surrounded her she looked up and saw Kya crouching over her, her face showing worry and fear. Naowy was next to her a hand stroking her face wiping away tears that she hadn’t noticed before.

“What’s going on? What’s wrong?!” The crowd seemed to part as Silver ran up to the trio Magic behind her facial tattoos contorting with the etched concern on her face. Phoenix shuddered and she felt a lump in her throat as she gave the grave news.

“Sen, h-he was trapped, he told me to run, that t-there were hunters in the area. I-I’m sorry I couldn’t save him! I’m sorry, I’m sorry!” As Phoenix started to sob a terrifying wail broke through her grief. She turned her head to see Naowy on her knees, wailing into the air as Kya hugged her from behind growling softly and attempting to comfort her. She also faintly heard Silver barking orders.

“I want the children to stay in their cabins with one adult with them at all times! I need a scout group surrounding the perimeters at all times! Where are my hunters! We need a group out there searching, NOW!” As Phoenix slipped into unconsciousness from exhaustion she kept mumbling to herself.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry, I couldn’t save him.”

I’m so sorry.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Mon Jul 04, 2016 9:22 pm

YES YES YES MOREEEE XD
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 05, 2016 1:14 am

OH MY GODDD I LOVE THIS STORY!! <33 i remember reading it during..well, what was pretty much one of the best times of my life, and this added to it greatly x3
a thing i noticed about it, it seems so help with shifting, getting more animalistic if only slightly : o well, at least for me XD because it goes from mundane human shet to increasingly more and more animal? as i type this i'm trying to NOT to attempt to rip my blanket/pillow open knowing it does no favors for your teeth xD
seriously, just get some free time, a human-minded animal soul, some adrian von ziegler (XD), and BAM animalistic! XD
i was reading through ch 6, when i was like 'waaait, i don't remember thiis...' and then FNJSINSI YOU KEPT WRITNG!! : DDD
i just have to say; thank you so much for writing such an amazing story, and don't stop!!! <3 <3 <3 ;w;

Back to top Go down

Post by Akimori Tue Jul 05, 2016 5:42 pm

I didn't read all of it just yet, but I've read at the very beginning you would like us to send description of ourselves, is that still true? x)

[Edit] Wow, I've read it all and I definitly want to be part of it now. Pretty pretty please? XD
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:29 pm

Akimori wrote:I didn't read all of it just yet, but I've read at the very beginning you would like us to send description of ourselves, is that still true? x)

[Edit] Wow, I've read it all and I definitly want to be part of it now. Pretty pretty please? XD

Of course! Be my guest and send it in, I would be more than happy to fit you into this novel!
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Akimori Wed Jul 06, 2016 12:28 am

YAY! I did send you some info about meself. I hope it's enough, but if it's not, don't hesitate to tell me. x)
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Wed Jul 06, 2016 6:56 pm

Chapter 7: Fear

Silver Black paced back and forth throughout her cabin, growling to herself and gripping her hair in frustration. The village was on high alert, her family was in danger, to think a hunter only three days away from the border! They would have bound to see the smoke from the fire pits and the various feral noises that echoed throughout the forest night and day. Too engrossed in her frantic thoughts when a hand was placed on her shoulder she turned around and snapped at the opposing figure her sharp canines baring in warning and her fist clenched ignoring the forming claws poking at her flesh.

What?” She snarled at the person before her.

Magic held up her hands and bowed her head, her wolf noting the Alphess’ irritation. After helping setting up patrols and making sure that the Spirit Walkers of the pack scanned constantly for malicious presence she gathered the members of the council that were available. The council was only brought up when controversial topics arose and needed different opinions. Mainly the group consisted of the Betas, and Deltas.

Silver visibly relaxed after seeing who entered her domain, Magic was looking at her with concern and apprehension in her eyes, standing behind her was Shadow, a grim look on her face a bow and quiver also slung on her back as if she was prepared to go to war with her fellow Warriors behind her. Silver noted that most likely during this meeting she would suggest that the pack put brute force into this matter, Shadow has always had a dislike toward the Hunters so she could understand her reasoning. Next to Shadow was Fantasy, looking furious, her eyes were slitted a trait gained from her theriotype and she looked ready to pounce on anything that looked at her the wrong way.
Silver noted that David and Akimori weren’t present still away hunting for new food sources when the news hit however they stated in the pack link that they would be back within the hour, covering ground in an urgent matter. Skade and Mecca stood behind a tired looking Kya, who looked the worse out of all of them. Bags showed under her eyes as if she hadn’t slept in days, but Silver knew better, it was the link she shared with Sen and Naowy it was broken at the moment, one of their own was lost, captured and that very thought brought her back to the task at hand.

Breathing out harshly through her nose Silver looked at her council and crossed her arms.

“Report.” She snapped.

Magic stepped up looking at her sister in the eye.

“143 Pack Members accounted for Silver, with 5 young bloods out taking their rites, 2 on a scouting mission, and 1 MIA.” Silver noted that Kya flinched when Magic inadvertently mentioned Sen. The Alphess nodded once more started pacing only this time beginning to speak at the same time.

“Right, so we have a situation on our hands, one that I’ve honestly should’ve seen coming from miles away. It would’ve been a matter of time before something or someone noticed us…” Silver rolled her shoulders hearing the bones shift and crack at the maneuver, she continued speaking. “Sen, our brother in all but blood has been captured, this we know of because of the recent scout group that searched the area found the used trap and the blood but not the body, so there is still hope.”

Silver stopped and glanced out the window of her cabin, noting how quiet and somber outside was because of the danger lurking right outside their doorstep. Her eyes glanced at her friends as she spoke up. “Give me different plans and actions, now.” Her ears perked as she noticed the commander of the warriors spoke.

“I say we send out 3 squads of warriors and a triad of scouts to the site Sen was last seen, if there are any more Chasseurs we need to be prepared.” Shadow gripped the wood on her bow in earnest, ready for action. Magic just shook her head at the suggestion and spoke up.

“No, that would draw more suspicion to us and to the village which is what we don’t want. I say we have a modified scout group, instead of two scouts and a Spirit Walker, we have one Scout, one Warrior, and a Spirit Walker. It’s equal one to search, one to fight, and one to scan.” Magic noted how shadow frowned at this and shook her head.
“But what if there is more than one threat at hand? We can’t just send in three of our own with no backup!”

This time the Lioness, Fantasy spoke up.

“I say we let them come to us, we have great defences, the Avian’s have a perfect view of the perimeter and can alert us of the incoming danger.”

“And you just want to leave Sen out there to be killed?!” Kya growled threateningly and Fantasy held her hands up to pacify her.

“No that’s not what I meant.”

“But you suggested it.”

Enough!” Silver yelled, her authoritative voice and volume shaking the cabin, ceasing the upcoming arguments. She pinched the bridge of her nose thinking and weighing down their options. After a long tense silence, Silver turned back to the group in her abode and spoke.

“Here’s the plan, I’m contacting Winged right now through the link, they should be here relatively soon, Aki and David have also just reached our borders and I’m giving them the news now.” She pointed to Kya. “Because you have the strongest link with Sen and Naowy is in no position to leave the village I am sending you, Winged, Aki, and Shadow out on this mission. Myself, and Fantasy will be you’re back up I want to confront this human myself.” Silver looked at Magic with determination set in her eyes.

“Magic while I’m gone I expect you to keep the village in check, contact me immediately if problems arise, understand?” Magic pounded her right fist to her chest in a salute and nodded.

“Of course Silver.” The Alphess nodded and turned to the rest of the group.

“Good, now the rest of you going on this mission, get ready we meet at the border within an hour.” Grunts and nods of affirmation echoed through the cabin and with that, the Alphess’s word was law, the rest of them soon dispersed getting ready for the long road ahead. Once everyone was out Silver closed her door turned around and sighed leaning her back against the wooden frame.

Je reçois à l'ancienne pour cette

As soon as Akimori reached the village with David, she noticed how the atmosphere was thick in worry and fear. There was also a bleak silence, something that the Tanuki was not accustomed with. Only the sound of her and David’s bare feet crunching in the snow and the frantic hushed whispers penetrated the eerie setting. As soon as she and David felt the distress from the pack link they knew instantly something was wrong and aborted their mission. It was a simple one, find the new elk herding grounds before next season, a simple mark on the map and that was it.

When Silver’s voice came in through their minds explaining the situation David quickly shifted and Aki hopped on his back putting on a burst of speed and sprinting toward their home. A harsh bitter wind cut through her thoughts like knife. She released a noncommittal grunt as her right knee started to ache.

‘Damn pins, Spirit’s only know I’ll have arthritis in the next 10 years.’ David glanced at Aki with concern in his eyes hearing the grunt from his packmate. Aki just gave him a smile that didn't reach her eyes, the both of them were worried, and Aki knew David was especially so, he and Sen are good friends, both of them quiet and yet they got along like ham and cheese. Looking back around the village, she spotted the familiar dark skinned Therian walking towards them.

“Kya!” Aki waved at her as she approached, smiling at her friend. As Kya looked up Aki held back a wince, she looked terrible her cut offs were wrinkled and bindings looked to be just thrown on without a care in the world.

Kya looked at Aki with a small smile noting her features. Adorning her pale skin were the familiar tribal tattoos running from her upper arms and neck, indicating her Spirit Walker status. Her shoulder length brown hair was tied up in a messy bun, letting some of her natural blonde highlights stand out against the sun. Her light brown eyes were filled with concern for her friend.

“Hey Aki, David.” Kya’s voice was tired and her posture was as if there was an imaginary weight on her shoulders. “I assume Silver filled you in on our mission Aki?” The said girl nodded and placed a comforting hand on Kya’s shoulder.

“Don’t worry, we’ll get him back Ky.” Aki assured her. Nodding once more Kya procured two makeshift sacks and handed one to Aki.

“The standard.” She explained. “Two sets of cut-off shorts, bindings, and herbs for first aid.”

“How long will we be gone?” Aki noted how Kya’s eyes darkened at her question.

“As long as it takes to find him.” Aki nodded and turned to look at David who was looking out into the horizon, a focused look on his face.

“I should help the others with patrols, Aki, be safe out there.” With that David gave Aki a brief hug and walked off patting Kya on the shoulder. Akimori waved her hand, gesturing her and Kya to walk to the meeting point together. They walked in a tense yet comforting silence, that is before they heard a rather large ‘Squawk!’ From above. Feeling a rather large impact from behind. Aki released a string of rather colorful curse words in her native tongue as the wind was knocked out of her. She heard Kya snort beside her.

~Ah, Aki I’m so sorry! I was trying a new technique for landing and I just- I’m sorry!~ Kya and Aki heard and felt the nervous young voice through the link and Aki just sighed in exasperation.

Merde, That hurt Winged, I don’t think anyone appreciates a 200 pound griffin landing on them.” Indeed the large beast getting off Aki was griffin, their eagle liked head was adorned with fluff of feathers and fur, the front half of their chest and back was broad and strong to hold the magnificent wings that were tucked into the the side of Winged’s body, the back half their tail flicked back and forth nervously and if a giffin could smile Aki and Kya swore that Winged was doing so sheepishly.

~Sorry, again.~ Kya helped Aki off the ground and Ski waved her hand in dismissal, she chuckled as she smiled at Winged.

“So I’m guessing you’re my ride on this mission?” Winged squaked and did a mock bow with their head.

~Indeed Mi’lady, Silver pack’s number one griffin at your service.~ Kya just shook her head as she snorted a bit of light coming back into her eyes.

“You mean Silver Pack’s only griffon, right?” Kya held back a laugh as she saw Winged’s eyes narrow in slight irritation and amusement.

~Har Har~

Aki brushed the rest of the snow of her body and as she looked up she noted the last few members of their group were approaching. Shadow nodded at the three of them and held up a makeshift holster for her bow and and arrows for Winged. The shifted griffon simply nodded their large head and allowed Shadow to tie it on their hind leg.

“Alright, you all are ready and prepared I hope?” Shadow asked. Kya nodded and shook her leg her rucksack tied on and ready for her to shift. Aki smiled at Winged and the said griffon kneeled down to let the Tanuki therian on their back. In the process of Kya stripping and shifting Aki turned to ask Shadow, who was also in the middle of removing her bindings, a question.

“What about Silver and Fantasy, will they not be joining us?” Shadow grunted running a hand through her dark hair, removing her cut-offs and shifting quickly. The dark wolf before Aki looked her in the eyes and Aki couldn’t help but shudder at the intense look.

~They will be a few hours behind us, Silver needed to take care of some things before she leaves.~ Shadow’s raspy voice permeated through Aki’s head from the link and she mentally nodded. Kya’s voice entered her mind now as she spoke.

~We should get moving, we want to make good distance before sundown.~ With those words Kya and Shadow bounded toward the forest. Aki held tight onto Winged as they spread their wings and took off. Aki released a breathless laugh as she and Winged followed the two wolves from the sky. Even if she couldn’t physically shift that didn’t bother her, hell if she was able to she wouldn’t be up here, hearing powerful wings beat in the air and the wind on her face. Winged seemed to sense her happiness and content while flying and released a loud squawk before picking up speed. Aki laughed louder, and for the moment all her worries and insecurities were gone left on the ground beneath her.

Sen woke up.

He regretted it.

As soon as his senses reawakened a powerful strong putrid scent hit his sensitive nose. Burning throughout his nasal cavity his eyes watered and his fists- with fists? Sen shook his head, blinking away the tears became aware of his surroundings. He was in a dimly lit room, illuminated by candles along the walls and in the corner a pot, where the source of the horrid smell was coming from. He coughed confused on how he shifted back to his human self in his sleep. His body was hurt, his right leg specifically, the first thing to do is to omit shifting at all for the injury good move to a more fatal aera in the human body.

Hissing at his situation he also notice that his hands were shackled to the ground as well as his neck. He growled, calm demeanor cracking under this predicament. Looking down at his wounded leg his noticed it was bandaged, he could either take that information as a good or bad thing.

“Ah, you’re awake.” Sen’s head snapped up to see the human that captured him. He was tall, massive, most likely towering over Sen’s 6’3 frame by a couple inches, his wicked smile was filled with yellowing teeth, and if the strange smell wasn't obscuring Sen’s concentration he could’ve sworn he would’ve smelled his breath from where he was chained. A ski hat covered the stands of black greasy hair that Sen could see, and in his hands the man held a bag of clear crystals.

“You gave me quite a scare you know, to think one second I’m fighting a husky wolf and the next a naked human man passed out in front of me. I damn near shot you, but that wouldn’t do any good now would it?” He walked over to the pot pouring some of the crystals in the burning concoction. Sen scrunched his nose and growled the smell became more potent and his mind became hazy, he couldn't focus enough to contact someone, anyone from the pack link. The man turned to face Sen, noticing his discomfort.

“Ah I see the opium is kicking in, hard to concentrate when the smell is overpowering everything else hm?”

“What do you want?” Sen’s baritone voice grumbled out, danger laced in his voice. The man raised his eyebrow a malicious smile beginning to grace his features.

“Well that ‘ain't a way to speak to the man who saved ya. How about this, you tell me your name and I’ll answer that question for ‘ya.” Sen remained silent his usual light grey eyes darkening as he glared. The man ‘hm’d’ and went over to another corner and brought up a stool setting it in front of Sen. Before he sat down however he brought over a leather case setting it on his lap as he sat.

“Well are you going to tell me your name son?” Sen released a rumbling growl pulling at the chains that bound him. Sen was a strong man, he never was afraid to face consequences to protect the ones he loved. Names were a powerful thing, he was taught as a young teen by his father that if you gave a man your name he could use it to break you defeat you. But even as his captor opened the satchel showing a different array of knives and surgical tools, their was the slight feeling of fear. Sen clenched his fists and held his head high, he would be silent as the day he was born, he would not cry, he would not beg.

The man twirled a small knife between his fingers as his icy blue eyes roamed over Sen’s body in excitement, and as the man pushed him to the floor and began cutting into his flesh, Sen repeated his mantra.

He would not cry.

He would not beg.

He will not be broken.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:22 pm

Wow, I sound extremely cold and authoritary but ok xD I like that bad ass side you gave me. AHAHAHA I love the story as well :3 Please go on we are addicted damn it. PLease T_T 

and Aki is a girl, just saying. ^^.
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:46 pm

Silver Black wrote:Wow, I sound extremely cold and authoritary but ok xD I like that bad ass side you gave me. AHAHAHA I love the story as well :3 Please go on we are addicted damn it. PLease T_T 

and Aki is a girl, just saying. ^^.

? I know Aki is a girl..ah you must've been put off with Winged, I looked at thier introduction and they stated they are genderfluied hence the "They, them" Pronouns.

And no worries Silver you're just caught up in the moment, anyone would be either freaking out or authorative if a family member or loved one was kidnapped.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:39 am

"i am sending you, winged,"
*forgets to breathe for a second*
i got way too excited over this ;D;
you got me so freaking accurate, the danged ''har har'' dude!! ;W; but i'm assuming you'll want me to send a pm with more information? :3
and yes, you got the pronouns right, although they'll defenetly prove confusing...yay no misgendering xD;
whoa the story's getting grim o.o;; poor sen x<
but AHHHH it's just flawless nonetheless x3
yeah, silver, you are teh pack mommy and you're awesome :D but, you are the LAST person i'd want to make upset xD; you ain't one to mess with x3;;

seeing so many people who aren't active on sp anymore..i don't know how to word it, but you've got people like skade and mecca, still active and doing thei-...wait a minute, are you gonna kill the 'gone' members off?? *mental whoa/dude* D:

thank you very much for adding me, and please keep writing, it's just-*googles 'amazing synonym'* astonishing!! :D <3

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Thu Jul 07, 2016 12:27 pm

WingedPolymorph wrote:
"i am sending you, winged,"
*forgets to breathe for a second*
i got way too excited over this ;D;
you got me so freaking accurate, the danged ''har har'' dude!! ;W; but i'm assuming you'll want me to send a pm with more information? :3
and yes, you got the pronouns right, although they'll defenetly prove confusing...yay no misgendering xD;
whoa the story's getting grim o.o;; poor sen x<
but AHHHH it's just flawless nonetheless x3
yeah, silver, you are teh pack mommy and you're awesome :D but, you are the LAST person i'd want to make upset xD; you ain't one to mess with x3;;

seeing so many people who aren't active on sp anymore..i don't know how to word it, but you've got people like skade and mecca, still active and doing thei-...wait a minute, are you gonna kill the 'gone' members off?? *mental whoa/dude* D:

thank you very much for adding me, and please keep writing, it's just-*googles 'amazing synonym'* astonishing!! :D <3

Thanks Winged! And yes please! Send in your discription, physical looks and what not. As you can see I like detailed writing~
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Thu Jul 07, 2016 1:11 pm

Awwwww <3 <3 <3 <3 <3<3 AWOooooooooooooo I may be rough, but I am fair. All I want is for my babies to be happy and surrounded by people they love and with who they can relate to.
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Thu Jul 14, 2016 9:34 pm

Neko: I want to be a part of this story too. It seems fun. (I'd probably never stop being "shifted" though)

Mil: Mil wants to be part of the story in her own body. Mil doesn't want to be there as part of Kity.

Neko: Is that even an option, for Mil to have her own body?
Nekoman
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Fri Jul 15, 2016 1:04 pm

Nekoman wrote:Neko: I want to be a part of this story too. It seems fun. (I'd probably never stop being "shifted" though)

Mil: Mil wants to be part of the story in her own body. Mil doesn't want to be there as part of Kity.

Neko: Is that even an option, for Mil to have her own body?

*Thumbs up* Yosh! No problem Neko I enjoy adding more of my family to this story, chapter 8 should be out by tonight/tomorrow morning.

Just tell me you and Mil's physical traits and personality and what not in detail, as you've read I'm a detailed based writer and try to get everyone's personally down to a T. When people read I want them to be in the moment their eyes never leaving the screen in anticipation and captivation.

So yes! Give me the details of you and Mil as well as explaining your connectoon with each other and I'll be happy to add you to the story.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:51 pm

I forgot to mention on the private message (where I gave you details on me and Mil) that Mil is big on traveling. (It is mentioned in her introduction though) She loves going to new places and meeting new people.

Aren't you a bit late on chapter 8?
Nekoman
Nekoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:15 pm

Nekoman wrote:I forgot to mention on the private message (where I gave you details on me and Mil) that Mil is big on traveling. (It is mentioned in her introduction though) She loves going to new places and meeting new people.

Yes yes, gotcha. And yeah I know I'm late, plans changed and I've been traveling the past few days, driving from Maryland to Florida and getting settled. I was finishing up Chapter 8 when I last posted so I'm just looking it over and re reading for any mistakes no worries! You and Mil will make your debut in either chapter 9 or 10, depending on how the story flows. Thanks for sending me the info! Keep and eye out you two *Thumbs up*
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Mon Jul 18, 2016 3:47 pm

Kya Swiftpaw wrote:
Nekoman wrote:I forgot to mention on the private message (where I gave you details on me and Mil) that Mil is big on traveling. (It is mentioned in her introduction though) She loves going to new places and meeting new people.

Yes yes, gotcha. And yeah I know I'm late, plans changed and I've been traveling the past few days, driving from Maryland to Florida and getting settled. I was finishing up Chapter 8 when I last posted so I'm just looking it over and re reading for any mistakes no worries! You and Mil will make your debut in either chapter 9 or 10, depending on how the story flows. Thanks for sending me the info! Keep and eye out you two *Thumbs up*

It's fine. I'll just have to reread chapter 8 when Mil wakes up anyways, so it would actually be more convenient if you didn't post it until Mil wakes up. (Currently a full moon)
Nekoman
Nekoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Tue Jul 19, 2016 9:50 am

Sorry, I keep forgetting details, and I don't think I've mentioned this anywhere: Mil's wings are actually paralyzed open... And yet they still fit under a cape. In fact they'd fit under a normal shirt. They're just that small. One wing is only like, a foot. (30.5cm for metric users) Yeah, it feels like that's an important detail. Hope I'm not too much of a bother.
Nekoman
Nekoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Tue Jul 26, 2016 10:58 am

Mil: When is the next chapter? Mil is waiting.
Nekoman
Nekoman

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Wed Jul 27, 2016 11:49 am

Give her time damn it. lol she has a life outside too. 

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* 345911230-745329027323468-7512940760121073236-n
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next