~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* - Page 2 Empty Re: An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Thu Jul 28, 2016 12:44 pm

Silver Black wrote:Give her time damn it. lol she has a life outside too. 

*Laughs* Indeed this past week and a half has been busy but imformative, i went to my grand fathers family reunion in Alabama, in the back woods where there's no WiFi except for the hotel. Today I'm driving back to Flordia so I'll be able to post more frequently. Don't worry I haven't forgotten about the story your time will come Mil.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Kin/Therio type : Artic Wolf
Job/hobbies : Meditation, Working Out, Reading.

Back to top Go down

An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild* - Page 2 Empty Re: An Old Story *Update Ch 8: Into the Wild*

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Wed Aug 03, 2016 5:48 pm

Yo! Hey guys, I apoligize that this chapter may seem short however after rereading it and reaing it again over and over I had to make some changes, I cut chapter 8 in half because it simply didnt flow to where I was leading. Other than that enjoy! Chapter 9 will be a doozy when it comes so prepare yourselves.

Chapter 8: Into the Wild

Phoenix sat on the edge of Naowy’s bed holding a bowl of broth and attempting to feed the Spirit Walker in her catatonic state. Ever since she broke the news of Sen’s capture and possible fate, Kya and Naowy were quiet and distant. Naowy more so than Kya, Phoenix closed her eyes and released a shuttering breath as she recalled the sight of Kya carrying Naowy to their cabin, placing her down on her bed and looking straight at Phoenix. A look that Phoenix never wanted to see again on her friend. The Arctic Wolf simply said ‘Take care of her.’ and left, word went around that she and a few others assembled a rescue team for Sen. Phoenix opened her eyes and looked at her friend with worry. Naowy would not eat, nor speak, and when she slept she awoke with terrified blood curtailing screams.

~Naowy, you have to eat.~ Phoenix's voice seemed to echo throughout her own mind and Naowy’s. The woman before her just stared not responding to her plea. Phoenix sighed and placed the steaming bowl of broth down on the makeshift end table and stood up, wringing her wrists together in frustration and worry and she looked back at her friend. A sudden knock startled her out of her thoughts, she quickly walked to the door and pulled it open, revealing the Alpha of the pack and Fantasy, the woman she met when she first arrived here.

“Ah! S-silver! I-I mean ma’am! I-I” Phoenix heard a soft chuckled emit from the older woman as she raised a hand waving it nonchalantly.

“Peace Phoenix, remember I said no formalities, you’re family.” Phoenix stepped aside to let the two in and Silver glanced at Naowy.

“How is she.” The Alphess asked, concern laced in her voice. Phoenix rubbed her head as she responded.

“Not well, she will not speak or eat, she barely sleeps waking up from night terrors.”
“Hm.” Silver walked over to where Naowy was laying, noting the bowl of untouched food and knelt beside her. Naowy and Fantasy watched as Silver murmured in Naowy’s ear and as she spoke Naowy sat up slowly and grabbed the bowl and started drinking the broth. The older woman nodded and stood up giving Naowy a chaste kiss on her forehead and turning to face the other occupants in the room.

“Right, Fantasy we should get moving, we need to catch up with the others.” She walked up to Phoenix and squeezed her shoulder in reassurance. “Make sure you take care of her, it’s going to be rough, Naowy’s bond with Sen and Kya are broken, weak, not only does the disappearance of Sen hurts her mentally but it can go as far as physically with how strong their bond is.” Phoenix nodded in understanding and with the last few farewells Fantasy and Silver walked out the door. Looking out the window and then back to Naowy who was now blankly staring at an empty bow, Phoenix sent out a silent prayer to whatever god was listening to help bring her family back home safe and sound.

Fantasy watched as Silver smiled and comforted the scared villagers whilst walking to their borders. The lioness smiled at the constant ease and kindness that showed in the Alphess’ demeanor. Fantasy knew that Silver loved her people, they were family and damn it when one of them is hurt or in danger make a path, because the dread wolf is coming for blood. As Silver finished talking to the warriors keeping guard, Fantasy shifted into her true form feeling at ease as she did so, a moment later she felt the presence of her Alpha next to her.

Silver Black was a sight to behold in her shifted form, a towering black wolf stood beside her, the fur seemed to be glistening in the setting sun, upon her back were two sleek wings in the process of opening and stretching as if they have been confined for some time. Tail flicking back and forth impatiently Silver’s presence entered Fantasy’s mind.

~The other’s packed out supplies for us, we should reach them a little after nightfall. Are you ready?~

Fantasy huffs her breath revealing itself as a mist in the cool air.

~As ready as I’ll ever be Silver.~ She eyed the worry posture the shifted woman had and sent a wave of comfort over the link. ~ Don’t worry Silver, everthing is going to work out.~

~I hope you’re right Fantasy.~ With that they sprinted off into the wild, and into the unknown.

Akimori winced as she stretched her legs, the young woman forgot how much it hurt to ride a mythical creature bareback. Looking around the area Aki noted that Winged and Shadow were back in their human forms setting up camp, Kya was out hunting for tonight’s dinner. They camped about a day and a half out where Sen was captured, tomorrow they would have to rise early so they wouldn’t lose his trail within the natural elements. They also have to make sure that Fantasy and Silver aren't too far behind, the more feet on the ground the better.

~Aki, you’re pacing~ Aki looked up and turned her head noting Kya in her wolf form with three rabbits in her maw. Aki chuckled softly and shook her head, a small smiling making an appearance on her face.

“Sorry, I am aren’t I?” Aki said as she walked up to grab two of the rabbits, passing on to Shadow who immediately took out a knife from her satchel and started skinning the rabbit. Winged suddenly jumped up with an excited yelp as they finally got the fire going. Aki sat down in front of it with a groan, feeling her strained muscles protesting at the action. The Tanuki then began to skin the rabbit as well, while Kya herself dug into her own paws grasping the deceased mammal and jaw nibbling on an ear.

~What is troubling you Aki?~ Aki looked over at Kya as she continued to dress the rabbit and place it over the fire for cooking. Aki sighed and rubbed her temples closing her eyes in what seemed to be concentration.

“I’m just worried about the next few days, we don’t know what we’re up against. That frightens me.” She heard Shadow grunt in agreement before responding.

“You are right to be worried but with our skills we should have the advantage. I assume you’ve mastered using the earth below us as a weapon Aki?” she inquired. The woman nodded tucking her short hair behind her ear and releasing a breath. Opening her eyes her tribal markings began to emit an ethereal glow, her fist became a blur as she forced her hand blow the snow covered ground and when it reemerged Aki’s hand was covered in thick rock, the cracks fitting together like a puzzle and beneath them a gentle pulse of light showed beneath them. Aki heard Winged’s amazed gasp as they studied her hand.

“How did you do that?” They asked. Aki smiled as she flexed her hand feeling the nature's energy around her as she explained to the young shifter.

“Because of this thing.” She knocked on her damaged knee with the other hand not encased in earth. “I am unable to shift, if I tried I would end up hurting myself due to the unnatural elements within my body, the pins would shift and would probably make the injury worse. So I learned how to use the untapped energy within myself to other uses. It’s why I became a Spirit Walker in the first place.” She flicked her fingers and sent pieces of rubble of her finger and into a nearby tree, the projectiles embedding in the trunk. “I practice shifting my awareness into the energies around me and found that I have an affinity to the ground below us. Countless years of practice led me to manipulate the earth with ease.”

Aki breathed in as the smell of the cooking rabbit filled her senses. “So just because I cannot shift, doesn’t mean I don’t have a few tricks up my sleeves.” Aki grinned her sharp canines protruding from her lips. Winged stared in awe as Aki finished her explanation. The Tanuki Therian chuckled at their look and continued to tend to the roasting animal.

Soon the group’s bellies were full and content and Kya agreed to take first watch, the others settled down for the night and as Shadow checked the perimeter one last time before resting she spotted two figures in the distance. Quickly with lithe movements she grabbed her bow and drew an arrow, her breath shallow and low, eyes narrowed.

~Shadow! Still yourself, it's us.~ Shadow released a harsh breath through her nose as she lowered her weapon once she heard the familiar voice.

~You should’ve warned me before you came into my sight I could’ve shot you two.~ Shadow sat back down near her place as Silver and Fantasy revealed themselves their features more prominent in the dying fire. Silver simply huffed and sat down closing her eyes and resting for a brief moment before responding.

~ Nevertheless, we’re here.~ Silver and Fantasy shifted back and Shadow threw the two a pair of cut offs and bindings. Silver sighed in content as she leaned back on a fallen tree basking in the warmth of the fire.

“So,” Silver spoke up, her voice sounding less strained, more of a joyus tone filled her speech.
“Now that we’re all here, we should get some rest, tomorrow is going to be a long day.” Silver eyed the rabbit remains near the pit. “Did you save us some food?” Aki just giggled as she eyed Winged who was softly snoring on the ground a hand on her distended belly from the food. Silver followed Aki’s gaze and her eye twitched before a feral grin adorned her features. Kya would be done with her watch in an hour and Silver knew just the tactic to wake up her packmate for their turn.

“COLD!!!!” Winged screeched as they jumped up shivering removing the armful of snow dumped on them courtesy of her Alphess, who was now clutching her sides in laughter bent over choking on bountiful chuckles. Winged glared at thier friend, grumbling at the others whose groggy chuckles joined in.

“Did you have to wake me up like that Silver?” Winged whined, their teeth chattering as they began the process to shift. Silver recovered wiping tears from her eyes as she stood.

“Yes, I had to wake you up for watch, and that should also teach you to save food for the others next time.” Silver said a smile wide on her face and mirth in her eyes. Winged, now in their griffon form huffed as they bristled their feathers on their wings in slight annoyance. A random snowball hit Winged’s rump and the griffon yelped as they turned around to glare at whoever threw the projectile.

The others around the dying embers of the fire laughed as they saw Kya back from her watch and dressed with another snowball in one hand ready to throw and the other on her hip.

“Get to it snow bird I would like to catch some shut eye.” She said humor in her tone. Winged playfully snapped their beak at the arctic wolf as the others once again started laughing. Silver grinned as she watched her family. No matter how dire the situation may be her pack always sticks together through and through, like a true family.
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Akimori Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:07 pm

OMG I've been waiting for this one for so long. <3 <3 <3 <3Keeping us on the edge of our seats as always!I can't wait to read what's next! :3What an interesting power you gave me I will wreak you, bad guys è___é
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:13 pm

This is really cool! You did a great job, keep it up!

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Thu Aug 04, 2016 10:40 pm

Mil: When does Mil appear?

Neko: That's Mil's way of saying she loves this story and she can't wait to see more. I agree, this story is great.
Nekoman
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Akimori Thu Aug 04, 2016 11:00 pm

Kya Swiftpaw wrote: You and Mil will make your debut in either chapter 9 or 10, depending on how the story flows. Thanks for sending me the info! Keep and eye out you two *Thumbs up*

Please, Nekoman, Mil, keep calm and carry on.
    You'll be in the story when you'll be in the story. It should be very soon.
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Nekoman Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:11 pm

It's been so long since this was added to that it fell out of the most active topics. Where's the story?
Nekoman
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kya Swiftpaw Thu Sep 22, 2016 3:30 pm

I'm getting there Neko, unfortunatly college has been a bit hetic as of late for me so I havent had the time to spend alot of attention on the story as much as I've wanted to! I hope to look over it this weekend and get the ball rolling again if all goes well!
Kya Swiftpaw
Kya Swiftpaw

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2