Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 12:30 pm

I've been planning to make this for a while, but I never really got around to doing it until now. So, here's my guide to the basics of simple enchanting.

Enchanting can be... Complicated. Even the simplest of enchantments require a level of thought that could take hours of mental preparation for the inexperienced. I'm constantly prepared due to a number of factors that, ironically, make it difficult for me to explain how to do it. That's why I usually tell people "You've got it or you don't." Anyone can do it, but there's a number of internal influences that effect the odds of doing it successfully.

Here's the basics:

1:     You need to think multiple thoughts at once. I don't mean classic multitasking, where you quickly switch between multiple thoughts, I mean actually thinking multiple thoughts simultaneously.

2:     You can't think in words. All thoughts must be composed entirely of "feeling" a concept, if that makes sense. This may actually make number one easier.

3:     You have to break down your thoughts. Instead of "make me stronger" you think more along the lines of "increase the maximum power output of specific muscle by reasonable percentage" for every muscle you want to enhance. You have to think this for every muscle you want to enhance, along with a few preliminary precautionary regulations, all at once. This ties back to number one. Also, don't forget to include a defined power source and self repair functions as standard.

4:     You need something to enchant. What you're enchanting has a strong influence on what enchantments you can do. Depending on your resonance, you can enchant plastic, stones, gems, glass, metal, cloth, mirrors, animal parts, (claws, teeth, feathers, etc) plant parts, certain foods, and/or liquids. It's possible to enchant pretty much anything, including entire houses and certain parts of living things, but this is a comprehensive list of commonly enchanted objects. Some enchanters, especially those with long hair, may even enchant their hair in the mornings. (It's just thread produced by your head)

5:     Size does matter. The bigger something is, the harder it is to enchant, and the more complex enchantments you can put on it. (Or you can do multiple small enchantments)

6:     Power is everything. I've learned through observation and experimentation that stronger spirits can enchant things faster, and fit more enchantments onto a particular object. Also, stronger spirits make stronger enchantments, which are harder to tamper with. I have yet to encounter an enchantment I can't tamper with, and I can enchant an entire house in under a minute. (I know, weird since I'm just half cat) However, I'm better with non-living objects. My girlfriend specializes in the enchantment of organic matter, and is the only person I've met who comes anywhere close to matching my abilities.

7:     Practice makes... Better. (No such thing as perfect) The more you enchant, the easier it gets. The mindset, the energy work, it's all stuff you can get better at... Probably. I mean, there are limits imposed by the strength of your spirit, but you probably won't reach them in this life. (Unless you've spent hundreds of lifetimes practicing enchanting and you remember all of it, but then, why are you reading this?)

8:     Enchanting has limits. Enchanting in general is really only useful for enhancement and etheric concealment purposes. It can only improve or diminish skills you already have. No amount of effort will give you any new abilities, (Don't think you can make a charm that lets you throw fireballs, unless you can already do that) unless you know the right symbols to put on things, which I don't.

So now that all that is out of the way, time for mental prep instructions.

Clear literally every thought from your head, except what you want the enchantment to do. Don't think, don't act, just feel and enchant. For this to work, energy work has to already be second nature to you, something you do without even thinking about it. Once your head is clear, you define what you want, and exert your will on the object you're trying to enchant, without thinking about the motionless action. For most, preparation can take up to three hours, and the actual enchanting can take another hour. For me it takes less than a minute to go through the entire process, but that's probably unreasonable for anyone else. Even my girlfriend can't enchant that fast. Now for safety rules.

Power: Enchantments require a power source. Organics are basically limitless, drawing their power from the wearer's aura, but that can be tricky for non-living objects. Always define a practical power source, whether that be your aura or the moonlight. (Or less common options I don't feel like listing)

Repairs: While it's not essential, you may want to make your enchantments self repairing. If not, they'll slowly deteriorate and require regular re-enchanting. Making it self repairing can be extremely tricky though.

Strength: If you increase your muscle power, speed, etc. have an automatic shutoff. You may be able to enhance your body for a little while, but your body can only handle so much of the expanded limitations. Failure to adhere to this rule can result in temporary health problems. (I learned that the hard way. I should probably fix that charm...)

Healing: Excellent if you forget to follow the last safety rule, but remember not to overtax your immune system. Everyone is different, so the limits on how far you can push this one are often unclear. Proceed with caution.

Blocking: There are two types of blocking charms. External blocking charms, or protection charms, block out specific outside influences. This is a good idea of you tend to mimic other peoples' anger, if you have obnoxious spirits following you around everywhere and talking your ethereal ears off, etc. Internal blocking charms, or concealment charms, are good for concealing aspects of yourself that may be causing problems in daily life, such as a Succubus having an aura that draws people to them on sexual terms. These charms can be harmful if used for too long, so make sure to take them off regularly or make their effects shut off automatically when they aren't needed.

Dream: A rather broad category, these charms have different effects when you're sleeping or out of body. These are the sorts of charms you put on your bed, including the ever so classic dream catcher. The only warning here is, don't give yourself any nightmares that could kill you. (Yes, you can actually die from a nightmare. Why do you think people wake up just before they hit the ground when they dream that they're falling?)

Magick: If you already exhibit some sort of magick power and you want to enhance it, this is the way to go. Just be careful how far you take this. One, this is the most difficult to make charms for properly. Two, those powers can get awfully suspicious, especially on camera.

Shifting: These charms are limited to necklaces, because that's the only thing you can have on that you won't chance destroying as you p-shift. A proper shift charm is always personalized, is completely useless for anyone but the specific person it was made for, and won't let the person shift back while anyone is watching, or on camera. These charms are usually only able to store enough energy for one shift, so stories of werewolves transforming into half-wolf beasts on full moons are probably the result of impatient wolf shifters shifting when their shift charm was only partially powered. Alternatively, power can be stored elsewhere and transferred to the charm when needed. Rough quartz crystals are good for power storage.

Lesson: A specialty of mine, lesson charms are made for educational purposes. They can bring anything from extra energy to crazy bad luck, depending on what you need to learn. I create these involuntarily, and there are often repercussions if you take it off without my approval.

Connected: Every one of my charms, including the lesson charms, is connected to one of the charms I use. This lets me gain an added bonus from you wearing the charms I make you. My benefits are often related to what your charm does for you.

Wow... There's a lot to this, isn't there. And this is just the baseline basics. Sorry this is so long. (and/or if I somehow offended anyone, though I don't know how you would be offended) That's all I have on this. If you have any questions, ask away. I may not have an answer though.

Last edited by Nekoman on Fri Sep 23, 2016 3:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 1:24 pm

Oh my god, THANK YOU SO MUCH for this Neko. I know what it means to you so thanks. :) I mean it.

Enchanting 101 53864634-10156945357792591-2104803759115730944-n

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:27 pm

Thanks for the guide, Neko! Feels familiar to how I do rune magic, sealing an effect in an item.
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyMon Sep 19, 2016 3:39 pm

I just realized I forgot something, so I added it.
Back to top Go down

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 4:03 pm

That was, at the very least, interesting. A lot of stuff I already understood or knew, but some fresher concepts as well. I had a limited experience with involuntary enchantment - I think my Magic deck actually became one before I even had something to do with runes(my preferred method right now). That's how I learned about "Recoil", as I called it back in the day - after prolonged use, it actually was trying to sap my own energy, but on the other hand, I never felt the need to recharge it in any way. Later, when I actually got into using makeshift stuff, I discovered that having multiple enchanted objects on one person at the same time mutually weakens or even nullifies their effects. I actually think that may be individualistic trait, but nonetheless...
Also, then again, when I just started practicing runic enchantments, I was surprised to find out one of my amulets just didn't belong. It didn't work until I gave it to my friend. After that, both of us felt its effects for quite a long time. Later I just never heard of it anymore.

Thanks anyway. I love having multiple points of view, and I actually really liked yours.
Back to top Go down
Imagine
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Imagine

Kin/Therio type : B.C. Coastal Wolf
Job/hobbies : Visual arts, food, and philosophical stuff.

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 5:55 pm

Thank you, Neko! Very interesting! I'll have to try it out someday

Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyTue Sep 20, 2016 6:40 pm

Timofey wrote:
That was, at the very least, interesting. A lot of stuff I already understood or knew, but some fresher concepts as well. I had a limited experience with involuntary enchantment - I think my Magic deck actually became one before I even had something to do with runes(my preferred method right now). That's how I learned about "Recoil", as I called it back in the day - after prolonged use, it actually was trying to sap my own energy, but on the other hand, I never felt the need to recharge it in any way. Later, when I actually got into using makeshift stuff, I discovered that having multiple enchanted objects on one person at the same time mutually weakens or even nullifies their effects. I actually think that may be individualistic trait, but nonetheless...
Also, then again, when I just started practicing runic enchantments, I was surprised to find out one of my amulets just didn't belong. It didn't work until I gave it to my friend. After that, both of us felt its effects for quite a long time. Later I just never heard of it anymore.

Thanks anyway. I love having multiple points of view, and I actually really liked yours.

That "Recoil" is about how things that draw power from your aura work.

Yes, enchantments tend to nullify each other unless you design them to work in tandem, which can be tricky.

You'll often find that involuntary enchantments, and some voluntary ones, are useless on their creator. It's a bit irritating, to be honest. As for never hearing of it anymore, that could be attributed to enchantment decay. That's why enchantments often need to be self repairing.
Back to top Go down
ZhongShi
Loyal to the Family
Loyal to the Family
ZhongShi

Kin/Therio type : OTHER
Job/hobbies : Too many to list

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyThu Sep 22, 2016 2:35 am

Very Interesting Nekoman...thanks for the excellent thread.
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 2:11 am

I'm reviving this for new members.
Back to top Go down

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyThu Apr 13, 2017 3:05 pm

Wow... This is some great information. *ears perk up*
Thanks!

(Hmmm... I do have a quartz crystal I wear all the time... And I am a wolf.. )
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyThu Jun 27, 2019 5:03 pm

Her * refreshes  

Making charm necklaces is POWERFUL. it has so many purposes and i love it. it works well for me, ty neko

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySat Jul 20, 2019 4:42 pm

Neko, I need an advice : i have this wolf claw that i want to use as a charm necklace. i need something thAT'S Like waterproof and durable without being metall stuff. do you have an idea? also i want to add some avian stuff on it but idk what except real feathers but it isdirty and full of bacterias and viruses from the birds so idk

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 3:34 pm

So what's your goal here? (Who am I kidding? Shifting charm, right?) Waterproof and durable material for what? The string? Energy storage? Aesthetics? No metal, Huh? Makes sense. There are very few non-blocking charms where anything with iron is a good material choice. As for feathers, sanitary feathers from real birds are easy to find from commercial sources, as they have to be carefully inspected and treated before commercial distribution, in compliance with FDA and Center for Infectious Disease Control standards.

Don't forget, better looking means better working. This is just an objective fact, because the quality of a charm depends on the mindset of the enchanter as they enchant it, so if it looks nicer it is nicer.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 4:22 pm

so you suggest iron for the string ?btw thanks very much.

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 4:31 pm

No, I said iron isn't very good for anything but blocking charms. (You really gotta work on your critical reading skills)
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 4:47 pm

i slept 4 hours so thanks for clarifying. also i'm working and reading betwen two customers.wht do you suggest for the string then ?

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptySun Jul 21, 2019 5:38 pm

Hmm... Well there are plenty of things I could suggest, but if you're looking for a string that's waterproof and near indestructible, you can't do much better than fishing line. Add in that most fishing line is clear, and a furry neck makes it look like the charm is just sort of a part of you. You don't get much more satisfying of an aesthetic than that.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyMon Jul 22, 2019 6:26 pm

THANKS Oh god I needed this advice. 

* mega hug 

-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
Rrismyname
Personal Manager
Personal Manager
Rrismyname

Kin/Therio type : Trickster
Job/hobbies : School, reading, research

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 3:42 pm

Hi! Is it possible to create a shifting enchantment from non animal materials?

Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 EmptyWed Jul 24, 2019 4:26 pm

Of course. Close genetic samples make things easier, but anything natural or reminiscent of the intended species is good. Ideally, it’s best for shifting charms to stick to one species and human, as switching between two states is easier to program than switching between three or four. It’s a bit of a hastle for switching between multiple different forms, since you should only ever wear one shifting charm at a time, but it’s much safer that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Enchanting 101 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Enchanting 101   Enchanting 101 Empty

Back to top Go down

Enchanting 101
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Silver Pack ~ :: SPIRITUALITY, MEDITATION & GUIDES :: ENERGY WORK & ENCHANTING-
Jump to: