~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kitsune : the japanese Fox

3 posters

Go down

Kitsune : the japanese Fox Empty Kitsune : the japanese Fox

Post by Akimori Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:08 pm

Kitsune : the japanese Fox 1da093783b9567dfee725837fef47949

Of all the kintypes that “shapeshift” (including fae, certain animal archetypes, bakeneko, and the like), kitsune are one of the most notable. Kitsune are fox spirits from Japanese myth, that fall under the category of “kami”, or nature spirits. Generally speaking, kitsune are considered (to the Japanese) to be the same as any fox, just old enough that they have become “advanced”.

In fact, there is no distinction between the word “fox” and “kitsune” in Japanese. They are essentially, “one and the same”. Foxes are symbols of a trickster nature, and shapeshifting in Japan.

In fact, kitsune were said to sometimes take a human mate, or even coax a human into sex. Kitsune were said to be quite beautiful in human form, yet sometimes kitsune were even said to be “draining”, in regards to a sort of vampiric stealing of energy. Chaotic, and self-serving as they are, the paradox is that kitsune served the rice goddess, Inari.

Many believe that the number of tails a kitsune has represents something “special”, such as rank, age, or achievements. However, according to Japanese myth, the tails are status, and simply status. There is no evidence to support that a kitsune’s number of tails means anything more “specific”.

As for kitsunekin, most identify strongly with the trickster aspect, as well as the shapeshifting aspect. In fact, it seems common for kitsune otherkin to not know what their kintype is for years, until they realize that most of their other “forms”, were spiritual shapeshifts. Kitsunekin also, as a result of the vampiric tendencies of kitunes of myth, are generally psychic vampires to an extent.

Kitsunekin, needless to say, often have a connection to foxes, and many feel they are indeed foxes. Kitsunekin’s tails can vary in number. Sometimes they will have three, other times five, and some will have nine!
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Kitsune : the japanese Fox Empty Re: Kitsune : the japanese Fox

Post by Nekoman Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:47 pm

I'd like some more information on kitsune, if anyone has any. I'm researching for family reasons, among other reasons. (My sister is kitsunekin, I know someone else I suspect may be kitsune, it's... It's becoming a long list. Point is, I need more info)
Nekoman
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:50 pm

I learned most of what i know bout them on wikipedia XD 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

And otherwise, I've been victim of three kitsune attacks. They tested me by trapping my soul in different realms and tried to posess me. It was really scary. I know they are not all like that but some yes. 

I think they are called nogitsunes..anyway , the one I saw had at least two or three tails and was black. He also was easily pushed away by light energy. He's weak toward it.
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Akimori Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:45 pm

This is a sister-page from where I found things about tanuki yokai, but this one is about Kitsune.

Keep in mind that it's mostly historical and was not written by otherkins. I still think it's valuable information and worthy to look at.
Akimori
Akimori

Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read

Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:57 pm

Silver Black wrote:I learned most of what i know bout them on wikipedia XD 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitsune

And otherwise, I've been victim of three kitsune attacks. They tested me by trapping my soul in different realms and tried to posess me. It was really scary. I know they are not all like that but some yes. 

I think they are called nogitsunes..anyway , the one I saw had at least two or three tails and was black. He also was easily pushed away by light energy. He's weak toward it.

Are you okay?! that is scary, what does it mean to have your soul trapped and in different realms no less? I wonder where these kitsune came from out of the blue like this, in stories you usually only hear of kitsune playing pranks or being mischievous but I guess some like these ones can suddenly appear out of the blue too..although I can't imagine their motives...wouldn't even a nogitsune have one? but anyone that hurts another innocent being has no reason or room to do so...I hope you are going to be okay Silver. I'm glad you can push them away with light energy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:11 pm

I'm not innocent, i'm a very powerful creature spreading a lot of negative energy against my will. 

And they feed on it. It felt like a test tho. Vicious, scary, crual, but noneless. I'm sorry for the nice and kind kitsunes but i'm not fond of kitsunes since the only experience I had with them was to be attacked without mercy or warning. 

I had to use light energy to get rid of it. I prayed God out loud. 

I don't want to get into religions but each time i was attacked bu a spiritual entity, i believed and prayed and god put me out of trouble withing seconds.

Just you know, try it ? XD
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Oct 18, 2016 5:17 pm

Silver Black wrote:I'm not innocent, i'm a very powerful creature spreading a lot of negative energy against my will. 

And they feed on it. It felt like a test tho. Vicious, scary, crual, but noneless. I'm sorry for the nice and kind kitsunes but i'm not fond of kitsunes since the only experience I had with them was to be attacked without mercy or warning. 

I had to use light energy to get rid of it. I prayed God out loud. 

I don't want to get into religions but each time i was attacked bu a spiritual entity, i believed and prayed and god put me out of trouble withing seconds.

Just you know, try it ? XD

I'm so sorry and think of you as a kind person no matter what happens...I have prayed before and listened to prayers as well..the people around me aren't demons...just people who have incredible dark powers that are overwhelmingly strong...they confiscated my own life force so I have none to use or protect myself with...Silver...if it is not too much trouble maybe I can be a good memory to you and a good friend...I would protect you right now if I could Silver-chan...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum