~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Basic Shield Exercises

2 posters

Go down

Basic Shield Exercises Empty Basic Shield Exercises

Post by MoonMoon Mon Dec 05, 2022 7:31 pm

I originally included these in the Advanced Energy Work, but they deserve their own topic / section.

Shielding is important for many things. While it's called a "shield", it can have several applications, and so as a basic learning concept, it quickly gets used in more advanced works and uses.

The exercises would be as follows:
- Shielding, and how it comes into play
- Clam Shell
- Containers
- Filters
- Warding (at least as I remember and could observe)

Shielding (and also something pertaining to the basic and advanced energy fountain)
So. Shielding is essentially filtering energy, and a basic shield is also to mean making a filter for next to everything, in that you don't want anything getting through. Such shielding does more than protection from outside intrusive forces, it also can block connections you would hold with others and things. This can be useful though, for times you just need to close off for a little bit to recollect yourself, possibly even emotionally in some events.
Using the basis of the eggshell from the Energy Fountain, you are able to tune it to be a filter as various shields. You also would be wise to make it thick, and make it sturdy. Nothing fancy, that just complicates things.
This shield also provides the basis for~

The Clam Shell
The clam shell is a type of shielding that can also be used as a defense, or offense in some cases. It is a quick way, as mentioned with the shielding out everything, to close off ties and connections for a self reset.
The basic premise of the exercise, is you divide the eggshell shield in half, and imagine the edge is sharp. You would allow the eggshell to open, before making it snap back together tightly.

An additional note with shielding and filters, if things still pass through, just imaging tightening up the filter. Works wonders. :)

Containers
Containers are somewhat like shields, but are used to put around anything you wish to contain. This could be within an area or region, or are able to be put around energy in order to keep it from dissipating.
Depending on how involved you make the container, the complexity grows.
- A basic container is just like a basic shield. You would have one layer to it, much like your own basic shield, and you would just focus to construct something like a sphere, or get fancy and do something like a bell jar with a base (you wouldn't want the energy to leak out through the floor).
- An advanced form of this container would be three layers. The first and last layer would consist of a shield type energy for structure, then between you would put a desired energy to help keep things out and trap things within. Anything adverse to a particular energy would most likely avoid it, so you can do something like trap any sort of metaphysical critter or pest within, or also use this to insulate to help keep particular energies from leaking out. Think like how oil and water interact, they might appear to mix but eventually separate and form their own layers. Air too is a layer! In a physical sense, coats keep you warm not just due to the filling, but also because of air trapped inside acting as an insulation.
- A more advanced form "the mach three" or just whatever kind of tier list you'd like, is to make a layered succession of shields, but you would have a shield layer, followed by an energy of your choice, another shield, then another energy differing from the first (or perhaps the same as I might explain), and finally shield to hold it in. This would allow you to use two energies, perhaps incompatible or that you don't wish to mix (or you'd double up on a particular energy for added assurance) for the purpose of containing anything that really needs it. Some energies are corrosive to your system (or, at least if your system isn't meant to handle it natively) or just harmful in general from exposure. Or, some energies will just normally try to go through shielding, but won't touch various energies.

Filters
From experience, filters differ from shields in that a filter is a basic disk shape of energy. You would use this mostly for comparing how energy reacts while filtered and not, as it is projected or viewed.
Yes, I say viewed. Some people claim to be able to see energy, as some just go off touch or taste, and some can even hear energy. Due to your basic senses being the most familiar means of interacting with the environment, this is also the most basic ways of interacting and sensing energy. As a result, you could use a filter that is a disk on something projecting energy to either limit it or completely block it. Or, you would use a filter as a layer or substitute for a shield, negating or deflecting energy in a more assured fashion.

If the filter isn't blocking as much as you would like, you would need to "tighten" the filter. For myself, I didn't understand how exactly to make the filter block more, until the word "tighten" was used. I just imagined rotating the filter would cause any gaps in its "fibers" to close up, so as a visual this might help you out.

Warding
Finally, warding would be the technique of closing off an area itself. Extensively, this can also be used to make personal safe places, and to make it feel like your ideal sense of home.
I do not personally have much experience in how a ward works from what I learned at the Gather, but I did observe that more complete wards would use anchor points at the corners and center, and the energy fountain comes into play with fueling the entire construct. I imagine with enough practice you could make something nearly self perpetuating and permanent. Desired energy focused into the area would change the feeling of it, so you could go nuts... Have something like a forest if that's your thing. Make it feel like a cave, or just whatever your favorite atmosphere of a place is.
From what I've known, it's possible to create an entirely different feel in a given space if one is set up properly. And, as if I need to say it, the ward can also keep things inside, or especially, out.

An especially special note, thank you for reading, but I also wish to express: These exercises were, as I understand, derived from experimentation and with trial and error. Some things would be more grasped easily than others, but for the most part, you should try different things, to see what works best for you! These exercises were taught with the intention of sharing them, but also I imagine to help give people a jump start on their practices. As for myself, I feel like being told the concept and some of the details that might be obvious but easily overlooked tends to help with the execution of such. For the most part, just have fun and don't stress too much!

Source of Exercises:
MoonMoon
MoonMoon

Kin/Therio type : Dragon, Kitsune, Lucario
Job/hobbies : Video Games, Divination

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : (My own name)
What is your kin type ? : Dragon, kitsune, Lucario
Describe it Physically : : Western, black scales, purple membrane; red fur, green eyes; pretty much what you would expect

Silver Black likes this post

Back to top Go down

Basic Shield Exercises Empty Re: Basic Shield Exercises

Post by Silver Black Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:53 pm

this is very interesting and educative. I don't know a lot about energy work in general  so, thanks .^^. 

really good contribution to this website ! :)  hey would you like to be a moderator for energy work and fiction kins ? 

you work hard enough and you deserve it so let me know ^^.

Moderators are like masters of their own section and they can modify or manage a forum section if it needs it. 

Would you like to manage fiction kins forum and energy work ? 

Mine is wolf shapeshifting and lucid dreaming.
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

MoonMoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by MoonMoon Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:57 pm

I appreciate the offer and I'll consider it. I don't have a very solid definitive answer right this minute, but thank you. ^w^
MoonMoon
MoonMoon

Kin/Therio type : Dragon, Kitsune, Lucario
Job/hobbies : Video Games, Divination

Name of your kin self : : (My own name)
What is your kin type ? : Dragon, kitsune, Lucario
Describe it Physically : : Western, black scales, purple membrane; red fur, green eyes; pretty much what you would expect

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Tue Dec 06, 2022 3:26 am

oh it's fine if you don't want to also. I'm sorry ^^' i don't want you to feel 
pushed or anything. ^^' 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down