EventsPortal HomepageHomeRegisterLog in

 

 What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Gender : Female
Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Age : 28
Location : Canada ( bu I am Russian )
Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift
Join date : 2016-06-24

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:17 pm

Author : Lyncanhope
Link : http://razgrizpack.webs.com/apps/forums/topics/show/13106484-choices


Since 2 out of 4 of the recent forum posts are 2 weeks or more ago, and because I like thought exercises, here's another thread.



Working out what I'm going to study at Uni and what I want to accomplish in the future has made me think, and I thought I'd share ideas with the rest of you to see what answers others would give.



If you were given the choice, right now, to either stay as you are, or be what you identify as but with your memories intact, what would you choose?

It's the good old "genie with three wishes" discussion, with a vengeance!
--

_________________
 Xx Naerubie Silver Black xX   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Black_wolf_flying_for_loryblackwolf_by_altairas-d5cpehj


What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 53864634-10156945357792591-2104803759115730944-n


















               









-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Age : 23
Location : Utah (USA)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.
Join date : 2016-07-03

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:51 pm

Be what I identify as, hands down. (Or claws)

I think you made a typo in your question though.
Back to top Go down
Taylarn
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Taylarn

Kin/Therio type : Feline and Wolf
Location : America
Job/hobbies : Writing, Drawing
Join date : 2016-06-28

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 12:56 pm

I would choose to stay as I am.
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Gender : Female
Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Age : 28
Location : Canada ( bu I am Russian )
Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift
Join date : 2016-06-24

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSat Jul 09, 2016 1:21 pm

Nekoman wrote:
Be what I identify as, hands down. (Or claws)

I think you made a typo in your question though.


Duh, it wasn't my writing, but Lycanhope's thread from Razgriz Pack 1. 

I mentionned it above the post.

_________________
 Xx Naerubie Silver Black xX   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Black_wolf_flying_for_loryblackwolf_by_altairas-d5cpehj


What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 53864634-10156945357792591-2104803759115730944-n


















               









-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com
The_Elakrian
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
The_Elakrian

Gender : Male
Kin/Therio type : Pine Marten
Age : 34
Location : California. Los angeles area
Job/hobbies : Welder
Join date : 2016-07-04

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2016 10:16 pm

I would choose to be my old pine marten self. the material and human would has been real debilitating for me. I've decided that if I can help it, I don't want to have a physical body again

_________________
What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Fixedsig_zpsn1vhkhyz
Back to top Go down
Cypress
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Cypress

Kin/Therio type : Otherkin
Age : 25
Location : Deep forest.
Job/hobbies : Stuff...
Join date : 2016-06-29

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 4:24 am

I would choose to be my kin-self. I miss that life so much.

_________________
Be still and listen.

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 947496giphy

The Earth is Singing
Back to top Go down
Akimori
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Akimori

Gender : Female
Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Age : 28
Location : Canada
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read
Join date : 2016-06-27

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 2:23 pm

    It's an harder question than it seems.
    It's easy to say 'yayyy of course I want to be my kintype!'.
    But it's more complicated than that. My kintype would give me the ability to turn human if I wanted to, but it would be really energy consuming.
    I probably couldn't do it for more than a couple of hours.
    What do I do about my boyfriend and family?
    I'm not sure my boyfriend would still be with me if I could turn tanuki at any moment...
    I would be scared all the time.
    Kidwise, in theory, we could have kids (if we trust Japan legends and the like), but would my boyfriend even want that?
    Of course, I could leave him, go to Japan and try to live with other tanukis...
    But I love him, you know?

    What about others kintypes, which can't change back to human?
    Because, that's what the question is, right.
    To be who you're supposed to. No turning back.
    The question mentionned 'memories intacts' : from your human life or from your animal side? Because if you don't know anything about nature, about hunting, about survival, you're probably going to die rather quickly.
    If you're a pack animal for exemple, you might want to try to join a pack, but if you have nothing of the non-verbal skill and you seem off/odd to the pack, they won't let you join them, if they don't beat the crap out of you first.
    You'll be a loner.
    Are you ready to spend a couple years on your own like that?

    And for even more specific kintypes, what would happen to you if you get captured?
    Say, a dragon for exemple.
    A dragon needs to feed on large creatures, most likely cows and the like.
    Farmers will notice, they might find you. Then what?
    If you're lucky, you become a circus freak, and if not, you're going to be studied...
    At least, since you're the only dragon they have ever seen, they probably won't vivisection you, yet.

    Of course, I'm being dramatic, because it's more thought-provoking than just say 'YES OF COURSE' :P

    TLDR : Honestly, I don't know if I could.


_________________
___________________________AKIMORI_____________________________



What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 475473signature
Please forgive my english if I make mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker. x)
Back to top Go down
The_Elakrian
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
The_Elakrian

Gender : Male
Kin/Therio type : Pine Marten
Age : 34
Location : California. Los angeles area
Job/hobbies : Welder
Join date : 2016-07-04

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 4:18 pm

those are good points. losing a spouse over transformation would be pretty hard to deal with. I myself am asexual, I have never, and will never be married, or have a special someone in my life. so I guess that's what big weight off my shoulders. the Marten has been my spirit guide and kintype largely due to my aloof and introverted nature. we're not pack animals. so I don't think I would have much trouble in that regard.

however, if you did change, do you think that all your instincts that you had in your previous life would be evoked? if that could happen, I think survival would be a lot easier.

_________________
What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Fixedsig_zpsn1vhkhyz
Back to top Go down
Nekoman
Personal Advisor
Personal Advisor
Nekoman

Kin/Therio type : Neko (half cat)
Age : 23
Location : Utah (USA)
Job/hobbies : I'm good with animals.
Join date : 2016-07-03

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:30 pm

Akimori wrote:

    It's an harder question than it seems. It's easy to say 'yayyy of course I want to be my kintype!'.But it's more complicated than that. My kintype would give me the ability to turn human if I wanted to, but it would be really energy consuming. I probably couldn't do it for more than a couple of hours.What do I do about my boyfriend and family?I'm not sure my boyfriend would still be with me if I could turn tanuki at any moment...I would be scared all the time.Kidwise, in theory, we could have kids (if we trust Japan legends and the like), but would my boyfriend even want that?Of course, I could leave him, go to Japan and try to live with other tanukis...But I love him, you know?What about others kintypes, which can't change back to human? Because, that's what the question is, right.To be who you're supposed to. No turning back.The question mentionned 'memories intacts' : from your human life or from your animal side? Because if you don't know anything about nature, about hunting, about survival, you're probably going to die rather quickly.If you're a pack animal for exemple, you might want to try to join a pack, but if you have nothing of the non-verbal skill and you seem off/odd to the pack, they won't let you join them, if they don't beat the crap out of you first.You'll be a loner.Are you ready to spend a couple years on your own like that?And for even more specific kintypes, what would happen to you if you get captured? Say, a dragon for exemple.A dragon needs to feed on large creatures, most likely cows and the like.Farmers will notice, they might find you. Then what? If you're lucky, you become a circus freak, and if not, you're going to be studied...At least, since you're the only dragon they have ever seen, they probably won't vivisection you, yet.Of course, I'm being dramatic, because it's more thought-provoking than just say 'YES OF COURSE' TLDR : Honestly, I don't know if I could.


I think my girlfriend would actually love me even more in my true form, so that argument is invalid for me.

The rest... I don't care.
Back to top Go down
Akimori
Ancient Member
Ancient Member
Akimori

Gender : Female
Kin/Therio type : Tanuki
Age : 28
Location : Canada
Job/hobbies : Writing a thesis / Read
Join date : 2016-06-27

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 5:42 pm

    The_Elakrian wrote:

    however, if you did change, do you think that all your instincts that you had in your previous life would be evoked? if that could happen, I think survival would be a lot easier.

    Well, I can't say, do you mean in the rhetorical sense of this question? Or in actual life if you managed p-shift?
    I don't know either way lol.

    Nekoman wrote:

    I think my girlfriend would actually love me even more in my true form, so that argument is invalid for me.

    The rest... I don't care.

    Anyway, the rest doesn't apply to you.
    Except maybe the circus/vivisection part.
    Of course, I don't wish that on anyone. Just trying to offer another perspective. :P

_________________
___________________________AKIMORI_____________________________



What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 475473signature
Please forgive my english if I make mistakes, I'm not a native english speaker. x)
Back to top Go down
Silver Black
Big Boss
Big Boss
Silver Black

Gender : Female
Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Age : 28
Location : Canada ( bu I am Russian )
Job/hobbies : Singing, Gaming, Cook at a Sweden restaurant ( but i prefer asian food ), drawing, swiming, dream shift
Join date : 2016-06-24

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : :
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 12, 2016 7:34 pm

I'd choose a wolf life. I love to be my wolf above everything and I want to live as it, friends with humans or not. Anyway, there are others like me and I don't mind having a wolf mate at all. 


That is just If I was stuck as a wolf forever. My family and friends would understand. They could still play with me ;) 


I'd live in Chibougamau where the wolves stands and I'd get visits from my family and friends from time to time. 


I'd watch for the hunters but they are more rare there so. 


I'd miss being a human but at least I could be myself and not pretending to be something I'm not. 

_________________
 Xx Naerubie Silver Black xX   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Black_wolf_flying_for_loryblackwolf_by_altairas-d5cpehj


What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] 53864634-10156945357792591-2104803759115730944-n


















               









-  -  -  
Back to top Go down
http://silverpack.forum-nation.com
ZhongShi
Loyal to the Family
Loyal to the Family
ZhongShi

Gender : Male
Kin/Therio type : OTHER
Age : 69
Location : Seattle
Job/hobbies : Too many to list
Join date : 2016-07-22

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 13, 2016 1:32 am

Due to my rather convoluted ( I won't say "unique" because it's not) situation, and the people I currently have in my life whom I love dearly, I would remain as I am...There is one in particular that I would fight to stay with as a human, until... I will decide what kin I will be on the next turn of the wheel, since I know that I have more than one choice. Meanwhile, my memories, and the love that I have here and now, sustain me in my plurality...
Back to top Go down
Liudan
Moderator
Moderator
Liudan

Gender : Male
Kin/Therio type : Divinekin
Location : Texas
Job/hobbies : OGP job, and Energy work and ESP
Join date : 2016-06-28

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Nature
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 5:35 am

My true self, either way I could simply take on the current form if I so choose to, besides my personal agenda requires some form of access to my true self. So, things would work out.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2016 10:09 am

Silver Black wrote:
I'd choose a wolf life. I love to be my wolf above everything and I want to live as it, friends with humans or not. Anyway, there are others like me and I don't mind having a wolf mate at all. 


That is just If I was stuck as a wolf forever. My family and friends would understand. They could still play with me ;) 


I'd live in Chibougamau where the wolves stands and I'd get visits from my family and friends from time to time. 


I'd watch for the hunters but they are more rare there so. 


I'd miss being a human but at least I could be myself and not pretending to be something I'm not. 



I agree with Silver. I am a true therian and my soul is 99% of a wolf, I can't live in the city forever with cars, people and buildings. I love to be in the wild and do whatever the heck I wish for instead of being under some human being's orders. I love my family and my 2 (only) friends. One of them is a lion therian. She is a great friend and we are like 2 parts connected to each other. We always dream of a place called Beyond where no humans even stepped and only us in the wild....

But that doesn't matter. I am a wolf and I feel that being in my true habitat and being free is really awesome.


Some of us are half and half, some have  human side stronger than their other side. And it sucks because they need to make decisions which are mentally harder and more complicated.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2016 12:31 am

I used to live so comfortably and should only look like myself..I can't understand being in the place Im in now and have no emotionally connection to anything around me at all...only my actual form...but..if I did change my mother would still support me and I would be able to live in secret with my family because they would not throw me out. The only sad thing about it is that no one in my family knows who I'am and even I don't know...Im just not the same person they know so well and every time I hear that thought and see it and feel it I just die inside very painfully and hope that in the future I would be forgiven.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] Empty
PostSubject: Re: What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]   What do you choose ? [ Discussion ] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down
 
What do you choose ? [ Discussion ]
Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
~ Silver Pack ~ :: SHAPESHIFTING :: Articles, Tips & Prevention-
Jump to: