~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

DivineKin- Otherkin Wiki.

2 posters

Go down

DivineKin- Otherkin Wiki. Empty DivineKin- Otherkin Wiki.

Post by Liudan Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:27 pm

I figured since Silver was doing it that why not lol and it'll help clear up some misconceptions and I'll use the same link as she does here: GodKin

Godkin, also called deitykin or divinekin, are otherkin who identify as a divine being, god, or deity. Whether this is a deity that is widely worshipped, such as the Greek god Zeus or the Norse god Thor, or a lesser-known deity from a dead or small religion, such as the Mesopotamian goddess Ishtar, a deity from a work of fiction such like Skyrim's Deadric princes, or even a deity unknown to others and only recognized by the godkin themself. Gods are very diverse, ranging from the singular Abrahamic God and his monotheistic religions, recognized as the sole creator of all things, to the many polytheistic religions with small or large pantheons with many many gods of all different things.

If you are having trouble narrowing a godkin type down, consider what symbols seem to resonate with your kintype. Do you feel a connection to crops, gardens, harvests, fields, or other things related to agriculture? You may be a god of grain or harvests, like the Greek goddess Demeter or her Roman counterpart Ceres. Do you feel a connection to the power of frost, cold, winter, snow, ice, tundras, or other things related to the cold? Consider looking into gods of winter or the northern wind, like the Greek god Boreas. Start with intuition, what you feel a connection to, and research something like "harvest deities" or "gods of grain".

As godkin are very diverse, it can be difficult to narrow down what might be universally comforting to them as a group. Some godkin make altars for themselves, whether a physical one on a table or desk or a digital one like a dedicated blog or webpage. It also may help to decorate your room with symbols of yourself, such as dried herbs and fruit, a bouquet of dried grass, and potpourri and other autumnal things if you are a harvest deity. Other gods might have specific symbols, such as Peacocks for the Greek goddess Hera. Consider adding accessories or even whole pieces of clothing that reflect the symbols or color of your Godkin.

Godkin may also find joy in games like The Sims, Universe Simulator, or another game where they have control over worlds or universes.

Since this is very much my kin, I'd like to clear up a handful of misconceptions revolving around it within the otherkin community.

• DivineKin or Godkin are a race, Deities are a race, but at the same time they are a title, by this I mean in polytheist pantheons there have been cases where they would adopt humans and other nonhuman beings into their pantheon and bestow the title of Deity/God/Goddess on them, such examples being Ammut of Egyptian Mythology, Psyche of Greek Mythology, giving them dominion within the pantheon.

• Shards; within the otherkin community there's an idea that there can exist many people who are fragments of the same God or Goddess, this is partially true, however, Gods aren't the only people who can fragment, and fragmentation is usually caused by choice, trauma, ritual done by the self or by force of another being.  However, these fragments do not stay what they originally were nor does it mean the soul loses anything when it fragments, the fragment becomes it's own soul and takes on the form of the first reincarnation it takes, so even if a Deity fragments, that fragment won't always be a deity, it may end up a human, an angel, a were-creature, a therian, a valkyrie, whatever it may be.

• Being tied to things like nature, snow, wind, wolves, and so forth does not mean that Deity is a God of that, God of say "snow" is merely that the God themselves could have the elemental energy related to ice, for example, the Jotun Goddess Skadi is A Goddess of ice and snow.

• Deities are very diverse race with their own species within their race, such as Hindu Gods are blue-skinned having the capability of having 4-6 arms, Egyptian Gods usually act like certain tribes where they wear the helmets of certain animals while showing their lower bodies, which is why they are normally seen with animal heads and human bodies, but then you also have primordial Gods who are the progenitors/elemental Gods that gave birth to their titan and titan-like children, then the 3rd generation of their species being Gods like the Olympians, Annunaki, Ennead, etc.

• Gods have nothing to do with creating Universes, while they do have a thing in having their own pocket realms or realms/worlds and creating races within them such as Yahweh and the Judeo angels, Anubis and his keepers, Tiamat and her demons, werewolves, serpents, and so forth, to name a few.

• While sandbox games do kind of pull at my inner kin for years now, I wouldn't say it's strictly a deitykin thing but simply creating stuff online is just fun lol. But it does give a sense of familiarity. It's mainly because Deities were one of the original races, atleast their ancestors were the primordial Gods, however, there are Gods and Goddesses still being born like any race, so during the "time" when everything was still "new" they helped in creation.

• You'll find most reincarnated deities are the less mentioned in cultures or unnamed in human cultures but there are a few who are known in cultures who are reincarnated.

• The age-old question many seem to ask. "if you're a God or Goddess how come people can still call on the God or Goddess you claim?"  why? because anyone reincarnated literally anyone, you, me, your mom, your dad, your cousin, your sister, can be evoked and called on while you're reincarnated. So your projection will come to them (if you are fine with being evoked or invoked by another) and that projection will hold all the knowledge your soul knows so a person can very much learn from it...However, there are also cases where over the years people have created fakes and thoughtforms of beings and entities that are known in mythology and call on them instead. So it's usually advised to request a personal sigil from the being or entity as a direct phone line to them so to speak.

• Deities are truly immortal? no deities are born as babies, grow up as children, attend school within their respective pantheons being taught normal things as well as how they are to carry out their "job" within the pantheon, they aren't like paid to do this job (even though the etheric does have universal currency) it's more of a do what you will for the pantheon which is your family.

So far this is all I can think of on points to clear up on this, if you have any other questions don't hesitate to ask.
Liudan
Liudan

Kin/Therio type : Divinekin
Job/hobbies : Energy work and ESP

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Nature
What is your kin type ? :
Describe it Physically : :

Back to top Go down

DivineKin- Otherkin Wiki. Empty Re: DivineKin- Otherkin Wiki.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:39 pm

If you don’t mind me asking, what are you the divine kin of? Or what is your divine Species/Race?

Back to top Go down

Post by Liudan Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:44 pm

Rrismyname wrote:If you don’t mind me asking, what are you the divine kin of? Or what is your divine Species/Race?

As in my name or the things I overlooked?
Liudan
Liudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:04 pm

Anything you feel comfortable sharing.

Back to top Go down

Post by Liudan Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:10 pm

Rrismyname wrote:Anything you feel comfortable sharing.

In my pantheon/family I was related to the wilds, the wild hunt, wolves, snakes, basically, any animals within our domain that were predator and prey, but also over death, guiding deceased animals and humans to the otherworld I was also linked to witches and shamans. My boyfriend in this life was also from the same pantheon his role was similar but he was related to the Sun and fire, but he was linked to druids. We were both linked to Fae though like the rest of our family.
Liudan
Liudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:19 pm

That’s really cool!

Back to top Go down

Post by Liudan Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:21 pm

As for my name, I'd have to dm it.

Since Fall started a lot of the Unseelie fae have been around.
Liudan
Liudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Sat Oct 12, 2019 5:22 am

I really appreciate you doing that over for me. I have no clue to what angels and demons are in that manner. I do not have the knowledge to make it justice like you do. 

I wanted to add information but if you could correct it the way you do it now, it'd be forever appreciated ! It is very enjoyable for all the community. :) thank you * hug 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Liudan Sat Oct 12, 2019 2:00 pm

No problem at all, I haven't been active much so it's the least I can do to contribute.
Liudan
Liudan

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down