~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mermaid Kin information

Go down

Mermaid Kin information  Empty Mermaid Kin information

Post by Silver Black Thu Jul 14, 2016 2:42 am

LINK : http://www.thesirenscove.com/mermaids

This comes from a Mermaid otherkin community, they even have their own forums and chatbox so if anyone can relate [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] they have shifting guides as well. AMAZING. If only I was a mermaid too T_T <3 I love them.

MERMAIDS

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Beautiful, mysterious, enchanting. Mermaids have long been the fascination of humankind and the muse of many stories, paintings, and poems. But what lies beneath all those fabled tales...?

The aquatic race that we now know today as "merfolk" has said to originated hundreds of thousands of years ago when the Sirian race inhabited Earth. (The Sirius star system is home to ET's that we call Sirians, who are a "mer-folk" race.) These beings, along with those from the Pleiades, and Arcturus, colonized land masses that we know today as Atlantis and Lemuria. Before this time however, there was a planet called Tiamat, which got blown up. The survivors were merfolk, that eventually traveled to Earth.

Over time, and especially after the destruction of both nations, the mer-folk who survived migrated to other lands, while others stayed in the ocean. It is said that the red haired Nerieds of Ireland were descendants of the lost Lemurians.

There is a growing community today of those who are born with what we refer to as a "mermaid soul." Make no mistake, mermaids are actually a type of Fey. (Faerie Race) However for the sake of organization, I will keep the Mermaid section separate from the Water Fae section, due to both groups having so many sub-species.

The "Awakening" of so many mermaid souls occurred around 2005 with the hype of the show "H20: Just Add Water". I believe there is a reason why so many mermaid souls chose to incarnate now, in a time where our world is destroying itself.

Mermaids have long been a symbol of femininity, beauty, mystique, sexuality, and darkness. Those who feel the call have a hard time running away from it, no matter how hard they try. Evidently, I used to believe in the "Shifting Method" (per the old version of this website). However, I have done enough research on spirituality, meditation, shamanism, chaos magick, multi-layer dimensions and outcomes, as well as witchcraft to finally settle in my beliefs. I do believe that spells work. However, in a very different way than in the days of "Insoucent Inclemecy".

So What is mermaid otherkin? 

Good question! Many different merpeople describe themselves differently. There are two main "types" of mermaid-otherkin, and neither is wrong. There are those who feel that their soul as a mermaid is purely spiritual. These people still feel the call of the sea, and still see themselves as mermaids. They usually believe that either their soul is from the sea, or they were a mermaid in a past life. Usually, we'll call them "Spirit Mermaids", do not have a desire to acquire a physical tail, rather they believe that they have incarnated as a human being to help spread the wisdom and teachings of mermaids. (You can read more about this from Doreen Virtue and her works on MerAngels.) 

So what is the other "type" of mermaid-otherkin? These mermaids are very similar to Spirit Mermaids, except they desire (or need) to return to their original state - a mermaid. In folklore, there are many stories speaking of women who transform into humans, from local legends to full blown creation stories of Goddesses. There has also been stories of people who awaken their soul using the power of the ocean - being granted the power to transform into a merperson. 

Evidently, there are not many mermaid-otherkins running around. In fact, we are a rare breed. Though, I believe that the generation who is now (13-25) have many incarnated mermaids, which is why we are seeing so many more entering the community. We do not actually usually call ourselves "otherkin." In fact, we mostly just use the term "Merfolk". To be frank, mermaids are not animals, reptiles, fish, or birds. Mermaids are their own entity, and are very special and magical in their own respects. 

so how do i know if i am a mermaid? 

There are many telling traits when it comes to figuring out if you are a mermaid. Firstly, it is the call to mermaids themselves. If you are someone who has ALWAYS been obsessed with mermaids, the sea, and all things related, there is a good chance that you have a mermaid soul. (That, or you are a crazy dude living in a shack who saw a "mermaid" once when he went fishing.) 

Once that is squared away, try to think of WHY you love mermaids so much. Try to decide if it is because they are "cool" and you love pop-culture about them, or if it's something you cannot explain or put into words. 

So here's a checklist created by Doreen Virtue, who has a PHD in Psychology, and did an anthropological survey on people who identify as mermaids. 

82% had natural red tint or highlights in their hair. 
89% of females surveyed preferred to wear their hair long. 
79% had naturally curly or wavy hair. 
69% had green in their eyes. 
85% reported being frequently thirsty. 
80% reported feeling cold often, even in warm weather. 

More Traits of Mermaids: 

Nature—they feel connected to nature at the core of their being.

Time—Time to them is a social construct, with timelines occurring both simultaneously, or not at all. 

Empathic—they literally feel what others feel.

Relationships—they realize that other people cannot love as they love, so they tend to end up alone.

On Human Beings— they see human beings as not being fully alive or awake.

Secretive—they are good at concealing who they are from others.

Death—they see death as a transition period from the physical self into the true self.

Sense and Heal from a Distance—they can instantly connect to anyone on earth they think about.

Relation to Water—they are bonded to and obsessed with water.

Water Energy and Healing—they can use water energy to heal.

Contact with the Astral Plane—fairies, the dead, and out-of body experiences.

Other Psychic Abilities—telekinesis, siren singing, telepathy, clairvoyance.

Senses—they have a profound appreciation and sensitivity for certain taste and smells.

Of course, not all of these traits apply to ALL mermaid souls. Most of the physical traits apply to people who are direct descendants of mermaids. It is entirely possible for you to have a mermaid soul, and have none of these traits.

So how else can you tell? Well I have compiled a checklist together of different mermaid traits as well as habits. 

Do you...
~Have a natural connection to dolphins?
~Have a desire to protect the world's oceans? 
~Enjoy activities such as swimming or surfing? 
~Take an interest in marine biology?
~Have precognition or clairvoyance? 
~Have a strange telepathic communication with ocean creatures?
~Often dream of being a mermaid?
~Have had a strong obsession with mermaids since a child? 
~Find that your "happy place" is by the water? 
~Feel cold even in warm weathers? 
~Enjoy storms? 
~Enjoy singing? 
~Have a tendency to be "eco-friendly?" 
~Feel that you are an old soul with wisdom that you have no idea how you acquired? 

-> What else? 

There are many other things associated with mermaids, that have been shared and passed down through myth, legend, and lore. (Remember: every myth has truth. A story has got to start somewhere!)

For example, there are some stories that say when a mermaid cries, her tears form pearls or aquamarine stones. 

Other quickfacts about mermaids include: 

1. Mermaids each possess a gemstone or pearl that is precious to them. This stone is the color of their tail. Though it can be any stone, the Aquamarine is precious to mermaids. 
2. ALL mermaids possess the singing ability, however not all mermaids can talk above water. 
3. Japanese mermaids called Ningyo are said to possess the ability to grant immortality... if you eat them. 
4. Mermaids get power from their long hair. (Hair is known in many cultures to grant and hold power.) 
5. Mermaids who are more aggressive tend to be more frightening in appearance. 
6. Mermaids are known to grant wishes, as well as give fortunes. 
7. Mermaids are also known to help sailors. 

And that's a wrap of the introduction to mermaids! Feel free to browse around the many pagesunder this tab, and learn about all kinds of mermaids. Then take a look at the Sea Magick page, forrituals and devotions. Finally, we have a section for all your Aquatic-kin folklore needs. So, what typeof mermaid are you? 

Disclaimer: None of the artwork posted on this site belong to me, all belong to their respectful and rightful owners. Unless stated otherwise, I am not the artist, or affiliated with them. 

All information/writing belongs to The Siren's Cove unless stated otherwise. Thank you for visiting our site! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down