~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Demonkin: A Primer

Go down

Demonkin: A Primer Empty Demonkin: A Primer

Post by Silver Black Fri Dec 17, 2021 5:18 pm

Original Article

Disclaimer : We do not have permission nor own this article and the author can ask to remove it at any time. This is for informative and archiving purposes, not to mean any disrespect.

Demonkin: A Primer

By Michelle Thomas on Saturday, December 28, 2013 at 2:43 PM
I am sharing this with permission.  I did not write this and am not offering this as a "know-all-say-all" on demonkin.  I am posting this because it helped me realize what I am and believe that is may help others.  Now with that out of the way, I hope you will take the time to read this with an open mind and consider it as it is written.  Thank you.

Greetings all, it seems that many folk have been raising the topic of Demonkin of late. Whilst I am normally reticent to share a highly personal subject, I have seen sufficient maturity and openness in this forum to share with you. In this thread, I will share my observations about my own nature, and common similarities I have found with other Demonkin I have had the pleasure of communicating and sharing with in the past.
I will be begin by giving the typical disclaimer. Forget the common monotheistic principle of black-&-white, good-vs-evil. Black and white are merely spectrum of energy, Good and Evil are merely personal value-judgement of the thoughts and actions of others.

What ARE Demonkin?

Straight out the gate with one of the hardest questions to answer. In the modern age, the best answer I can give, is that a Demonkin is the fusion of a human soul, with that of a demonic entity. This may have occurred millenia ago, or by chance in-utero. This is of course based upon the principle of re-incarnation (of which I personally have no doubt). For a demonkin, should balance be maintained throughout life and no one "side" take complete control, the two may combine, the human soul melding seamlessly into the demonsoul and becoming an integral part of the whole.

How did it happen?

The answers for that question are as varied as Demonkin themselves, for some (Myself included) it began as a forced integration by early humans through the use of magics to create hybrids. These may serve as guardians, soldiers, advisers etc. (The key word there is serve). For others, the Demonsoul may have had need to take physical form, especially in a more enlightened age, when science replaces belief and superstition; and grafts itself to the forming soul of a newborn.

Alright, but what about the Demonkin themselves?

As I mentioned before, demonkin are varied, remarkably so. In a community such as this, the classical Succubus is - possibly - a more common sight. However, put two (or more) Succubi in a room together and you will see that is where the similarities end.

• Individuality: By this stage, you may have noticed that Demonkin take individuality very seriously. Above all else, this is one of the most prevalent key points of Demonkin. How they maintain this individuality varies, some prefer physical servitude - allowing the body to be controlled by another as the mind soars free. Others may rely on shock and awe tactics, from body modification through to outlandish dress or speech, ANYTHING to set themselves apart from the herd.

• Primal: Demonkin are primal creatures, often subject to extremes of emotion, we can -and need to- feel incredibly strong sensations, it could be pure wanton lust, an endless thirst for battle and war, fire, the sheer glory of release...

• Darkness Now this can be a little controversial, (Note my disclaimer above). Demonkin are, directly or indirectly, users of dark energies. We are highly sensitive to negative, damaging and painful emotions and will often be drawn to them. This is partly the reason for the apprehension and distrust so many of us feel. If our human side is stronger, it may seem as if we are self-destructive, but it is our dark-side simply craving what it needs to feel. Some practioners of energy work (readers and such) feel incredibly uncomfortable around us, as one psychic said after meeting me "I felt as if I was being smothered by a warm pillow and the air felt hot, greasy, dark and full of red-hot sparks".

So what are Demonkin about then?
I will close with this question, once, there where a lot more of us. Already driven to the edges of society by the unease we engendered in some and the apparent ease we could control others; we hid in the shadows. Occasionally one or two of us would venture into society, encouraging humans to embrace the darker impulses within their soul, sink into their primal nature and say "The hell with society and it's rules". Some of us would be riding with bandit hordes, exhorting their fellows to revel in wanton carnage and pillage. Already old and outmded (sic), we fought back as hard as we could, but it was already a lost war we never knew was being fought until it was too late.

Today, there are sadly, very few of us. More have emerged in this time of upheaval and chaos, but I believe it is more to see the world one last time, before the chance is gone.

Detachment

Demonkin are seemingly detached from practically anything. Society, family, friends 7 colleagues, there is something that will lead to the demonkin being aloof, calculating or just plain weird to most. Whilst there ae those of us who have taken a mate, raised a family and will guard them ferociously (and those within our chosen circle may fall into this protection as well), but even with such commitment, there still isnt a full connection.
For me, I believe it is to ensure that I am never bound into servitude again...

Observation

From the 400 lb gorilla in the room, to the skeletons in somebody's closet, to the weird little quirks that make no sense but are accepted by society anyway, demonkin are highly sensitive and observant to such things. With the aforementioned detachment, we tend to notice everything. We see the odd little habits and double standards within human society and ask "why?". Often we learn at an early age, to not point out the things we notice, in fact, many of us develop a mechanism to predict the outcome from revealing such observations.

Opinion

Going back to my original post's mention of Individuality many demonkin have tendencies to lean towards ideas and ideals that may seem radical and some cases, absolutely offensive. Having the ability to coldly analyse an issue, bereft of emotional input leads to some spectacularly alien viewpoints on politics, morals and law. In many cases, this may make a demonkin seem anarchic, ecelectic or just outright contradictory. In fact, if you want to stay entertained for a while, point out a contradiction in a demonkin's values...

Prey (Because you always have to finish with a little controversy)

So between the memories of ages, the cold detachment and ability to observe & analyse even the smallest minutiae of data; How do Demonkin view those they share the world with?

Personally, I am more of a guardian type. My demonsoul was forced into servitude of humanity for a long time, he is (kind of) free now, but old habits die hard, and he has melded with so many human souls in the past, it is honestly hard to tell where the demon begins and ends. I am just like a bushfire, uncontrolled fury and destruction without guidance, to make way for new growth. I like to mess with stupid people and genuinely enjoy helping people who wish to better themselves through learning. I have a difficult time balancing my soul, but I manage most of the time through self-discipline. I have meditated for a long time upon my demonsoul, learning what I can, when I can, I see flash images of chaos, and war, and forests, and hatred, and bloodlust, and violence, and the night-sky illuminated by the flames of burning homes. I have seen forests long-since cut-down, cities that have fallen and towns that grew beyond compare. And through it all I have felt the overwhelming scorn of humanity tempered by respect to a powerful victor.

I am Vermithrax, I am demonkin...

[Personally] I accept and appreciate awakened and otherkin, feel a kinship toward other demonkin...
And I absolutely despise 99% of the human race...

Thank you Vermithrax for allowing me to repost this. You have made a very clear definition of demonkin and general information about us. It is very appreciated and easily understood.
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Back to top Go down