~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Awakening as a Kitsune

Go down

Awakening as a Kitsune Empty Awakening as a Kitsune

Post by MoonMoon Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:23 pm

The second awakening I had came much later, after the awakening as a dragon.
It's a result of experiencing awakening as a dragon that the kitsune side of things came a bit more easily, but there's the stigma too of "well, the dragon part of me is still here, so what does it mean, and am I becoming one of those 'multikin' that kind of gets shunned sometimes?

The fact opinion of the matter is that it's okay to have multiple kin types. The most important thing in any of exploring your background is just that. Explore, understand, take things easy, don't rush. Although sometimes, a little bit of denial and pushing away can help things develop too. I perhaps forgot to mention that back in the dragon kin thread of mine, but after that initial week of exploration, I went through one or two years of denial and distance.

A question arises though in the community, is a fox a kitsune, or the other way around? There's many opinions on the topic itself, since fox therians would insist a kitsune is a mythical being and thus separate. Some would insist a kitsune is an "advanced" fox, but that puts the foxes down as being "inferior" as a consequence of this. A recent thought I had perhaps and I would love response on the topic:
What exactly would be the difference of a fox to a kitsune? And if it is just in terms of magical practice, then a kitsune would just be a fox who practices magic, much like a human who has talents is still human, in various degrees, relatably, and functionally it's just a matter of one's own pursuits. Or is a kitsune a separate species from foxes? There are many trickster foxes throughout the world, are those foxes or are they different too? (It's something to think about and consider, I imagine.) (Moving on.)

The kitsunekin side of things did feel a little rushed, mostly because I readily accepted it. My heritage puts me nowhere close, and I'm only close in terms of having visited Japan in my current lifetime, from my knowledge. It could be my elemental alignment with fire (astrologically, Chinese Zodiac, etc.), and either my personality derives from this or perhaps it's the other way around. It's hard to know.

An important point to much of anything, you shouldn't do things at the expense of others. I believe with awakening as a kitsune (if that's indeed what it is) could have been the start of me doing actual energy work. Unfortunately, that first attempt was along the lines of "psychic vampirism", reaching out at someone from some distance away with my mind, which seemed to get an instant result out of a randomly sighted person, who immediately reacted like something was amiss and started to look behind them as if I had tapped their shoulder.
An important point to mention, from some people that have been psychic vampires, they insist much of their practice came out of seeking other means to find their need for energy. Because who wants to associate as being such? Some do! There are communities out there, as varied in terms of the people and the setting as otherkin / therian settings as well. I would simply advise much caution checking out such. That's just a given, and not a fault or call out at any group or people in particular. It's just basic advice: You don't know what's out there.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Concerning a trend I had with kin types with myself, I had two dreams regarding being a kitsune. One of them started with me as a human, and another human whom I did not recognize ended up cornering me and, I guess they suspected me of what I was. I was powerless to defend myself, and upon being knocked unconscious (or worse?), I just saw an outline of myself as a black shape laying in a bright orange / yellow color of light, but the outline of myself looked like that of a fox of sorts.
The other dream, I don't remember too much of, other than it was some form of a play. The conclusion of the play revealed a lush green hill that overlooked a village, and climbing up the hill was myself as this large fox, looking down at the village thinking "this... this is my town" as the sun set and evening became night with lights of the village in the distance.

As for traits of being a kitsune, I haven't had outside analysis done among peers (aka, it's that rule in effect of "do not do things to either verify or deny someone's kintype"). However, in a bit of energy work, someone did try to show me the difference of how a fox feels to a kitsune. They had a mug / cup they projected the energy into (yes the cup looks physically empty, it's more a visual representation), and let me get a feel for it. The kitsune felt clingy is how I'd describe it... The fox however felt briefly warm and fuzzy (like faux fur and static?), similar to the kitsune energy, but then was gone. It turned out touching the fox energy just sort of absorbed it on accident. This happened with a few other things at the Gather, which I feel like is perhaps a good hint to my own spiritual nature in determining things... but I haven't figured that out entirely. That, and there wasn't anyone present at the Gather very versed into the nature of kitsune. I guess I came off similarly to a fox to them though, as mentioned in my thread about being a dragon.

I feel like exploring the kitsune side of myself is rather difficult, as much like the dragon it just feels like a core part of my personality. Both sides (and the yet mentioned Lucario side as of this post) are just sort of integral and part of myself, and thus hard to exactly pick apart it.
MoonMoon
MoonMoon

Kin/Therio type : Dragon, Kitsune, Lucario
Job/hobbies : Video Games, Divination

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : (My own name)
What is your kin type ? : Dragon, kitsune, Lucario
Describe it Physically : : Western, black scales, purple membrane; red fur, green eyes; pretty much what you would expect

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down