~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article

3 posters

Go down

The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article Empty The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article

Post by Silver Black Wed Feb 01, 2023 4:30 pm

THE WOLF MENTALITY
OR HOW WOLVES THINK...

The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article Wolf-2878633_960_720

For shifting purposes or else, you always wanted to know everything about how wolves think to help you reach your goal, or even simply to educate yourself. So here are MANY facts about how the wolf thinks and acts: 

- It is really hard to keep a wolf in a small space in the city, they need a lot of nature and free space to escape and avoid confrontation, its their safe space to vent and release the tension.

- Their strongest primary instincts are to eat, hunt and kill. So yes, it is really easy to trigger the hunting or killing drive for the wolfwolves get triggered and easily excited by running preys or people.  

- Wolves are Nature's children, even wolf therians. They feel the Nature's call all the time and it can be difficult to contain it. Even when they are well fed and loved, wolves will always look at the forest. If they can't have a forest or safe space to roam, they need a shelter, or den in this case of their own. 

- Wolves are drawn to the moon, especially wolf therians and weres.

- Wolves love to howl and sing to express their feelings, not only to communicate with others.

-Wolves don,t think in words, spoken thoughts like humans do.  They think the in the here and now, in pictures, sounds, colors and feelings. 

- Wolves are great predators, that means they will always have this '' dangerous '' vibe emaning from their energy, it doesn't mean they will attack or be aggressive. It is just there to remind people not to mess with them, that they are wild and are able to kill bigger preys than them. Fortunately, wolves avoid humans and aggression in most cases. They are elusive than aggressive. Just don't piss them off. 

- A wolf is reactive to its surrounding, non-stop. It is always alert all the time, its a primal instinct. Being alert to the slightest sound out of place or the slightests sign of danger or intrusion. Plus wolves can hear low frequencies and other sounds
humans can't necessarily hear.It makes them rather anxious creatures. They are mostly relaxed when surrounded by other pack members , within their safe space but very skittish outside of their comfort zone.

- Adult wolves do no trust easily and can smell any lies. 

- Wolves are goofy , competitive and friendly around their closest ones and very reserved and quiet  around  strangers.

- When young wolves grow into sexually mature adults, they tend to want to defy the whole world for a given period of time.
Just like human teenagers except they can get aggressive and dominant toward authority and end badly.

- A wolf with no discipline can become a nasty wolf , aggressive, dominant and dangerous. It is important to have a decent authority figure around them at a young age.

- Wolves are Food driven, just like most animals, their ultimate goals are food and family. They work realy hard for their food and are natural minimalists.  

- Wolves are very posesssive of their food and toys. Do not try to steal it from them. 

- Wolves are unpredictable and quiet most of the time. They tend to avoid trouble and drama and disappear in the slightest disturbance of their environment. But if they feel cornered or must face adversaries anyway, they are quick to bite hard and leave the fight. 

- Wolves are naturally very careful and shy creatures, not getting into trouble when they can ( at least when they are mature enough and grown up  ) and tend to avoid it at all cost, which makes them look elusive at times. They avoid humans as much as they can and when they don't have the choice, they get used to their presence but it loads them with stress.

- Wolves are very intelligent, they analyse and observe a lot, to determine and overthink if they have to flee , fight or submit to a situation. Very wise creatures.

- Wolves hate to be chased and will elude you, they prefer to chase instead, at their own rythm. 

- They observe a lot but don't warn before snapping. They assume the other creature is bright enough to stay away and read their other subtle warnings. Idiots do not understand these signs so wolves are annoyed by ignorant folks and look mean to other people because they need to bite to actually be listened. People will always be idiots and we have to deal with that shit daily. Humans are fucking clueless so we need a LOT of patience.

- Wolves are EXTREMELY territorial, even as wolf therians. Wolves are naturally protective of their territory and will want to literally attack or even want to kill anyone who trespasses or even come close to their property. Wolves need a space dedicated to them, near the nature and far from other humans, even as wolf therians. If they can't , they need a natural place to escape to be alone sometimes and feel safe, a place to pretend is their own helps a lot.

- Wolves fight a lot in the pack, to play or to establish dominance. It is healthy to release the tension within. Real fights rarily occur unless there is a lot of defiance from a motivated wolf trying to take over. 

- Wolves are protective of their family and friends. They do not attack for fun and they will tolerate bullshit a minimum when it comes to themselves but they will bite hard if someone is threatening their family and friends 

- Hierarchy is important for a wolf, no matter what his rank is. If their pack rank goes against their life goals, they will choose a loner life instead.

- Wolves are stubborn, they rarily give up, they will stop at nothing to achieve their goal.

- Wolves are forever wild, even in captivity, they still have their wolf instincts and cannot be controlled, only respected and encouraged to behave. Even with mixed dog blood, there is still a lot of unpredictable behavior and rebellion going on. It's an everyday battle to keep the leadership. Tigers might be bigger, but you'll never see a wolf perform in a circus.

- Wolves feel the need to have always something in their mouth. Food, and when they can 't have food, anything that reminds them of it.

- Wolves are escape artists. When scared , annoyed or bored, they WILL find a way to escape a place or situation in the most destructive and craziest ways. 

- Wolves can adapt to pretty much any pace and situation, given the chance. They are very intelligent creatures that can substain to their own needs and be creative thinkers when they need a solution to a delicate problem.

- Will seek a challenge/confrontation at any negative approach or treatment if they think it will escalate soon. It’s a stress but also a self - protective reaction. 

- Easily stressed animal, needs reassurance about his surroundings and creatures In it before feeling comfortable. Wolves investigate with smell by approaching progressively back and forth in a very agile and cunning approach to confirm that they are not confronted to a potential threat. Wolves are naturally confronted to all kind of dangers in the woods : humans, other wolves and predators that could harm them, even moose  and bears ! And they have a very bad and short distance vision so they get scared easily if they come by an unknown situation or creature by accident. They love to investigate with smell from afar then inspect from closer and closer until they can make contact and confirm there is no threat then will retreat back to where they were going. If a wolf identifies a human from afar, he will try to avoid it and run in the opposite direction.

-  Wolves can have traumatic stress when they are confronted to a very stressful and unknown situation , takes time to heal or trust again.

- Can't managed to be cornered or surrounded in a stressful situation with humans or other animals, might get really aggressive to protect itself. danger : unpredictable. 

- Wolves hate loud sounds, repetitive sounds and other annoying surrounding disturbances. The only thing they want to hear is nature sounds and music. Otherwise, they might get aggressive and agitated really quick.  Avoid humans, human babies, cities and other loud noises.

- Wolves are claustrophobic, they need a lot of space, cant be into 4 closed wall rooms for long , need a hiding place, example, forest where they can escape when they feel scared or stressed. 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Kin/Therio type : Naerubie ( celestial wolf guardian )
Job/hobbies : Comission Artist, Gamer, Singer, working at my own terms.

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : Silver Black
What is your kin type ? : Naerubie ( Interdimensional Angel Wolf being )
Describe it Physically : : winged wolf with avian features

https://silverpack.forum-nation.com

Taylarn, Rune and MoonMoon like this post

Back to top Go down

The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article Empty Re: The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article

Post by Rune Thu Feb 02, 2023 11:05 am

I relate to most of these. howl
Rune
Rune
Trusted Administrator
Trusted Administrator

Kin/Therio type : Wolf Therian
Job/hobbies : In the furry fandom, activist

Name of your kin self : : Rune
What is your kin type ? : Grey Wolf
Describe it Physically : : My avatar pic

MoonMoon likes this post

Back to top Go down

The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article Empty Re: The Wolf's Mentality - Detailed Article

Post by Silver Black Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:16 pm

Oh? Im curious, which ones do you NOT relate to? Might help me understanding a little more
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Back to top Go down

Post by Gunkan Thu Feb 02, 2023 7:43 pm

Ok. NO.  This is way too cool. Like rune, I can relate to so many points but I will admit, I do not feel that I'm dangerous myself, just easy to trigger my hunting instinct but it doesn't mean I actually want to kill the animals I see. 

Or, at least I know I don't have to so it kills the buzz, if you know what I mean.
Gunkan
Gunkan

Kin/Therio type : Coastal Wolf
Job/hobbies : Eating sushis, watching tv, drawing, swimming

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:45 am

The only ones I don't relate to are the thinking in pictures, the fighting in the pack and the need for hierarchy.
Rune
Rune
Trusted Administrator
Trusted Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:02 pm

Rune wrote:The only ones I don't relate to are the thinking in pictures, the fighting in the pack and the need for hierarchy.

True ! It does not apply to you. Maybe some wolves have different personalities within the pack. some rebels want to overrun the alpha all the time, while 
some are busy with puppies or taking care of the youngs. some others just don,t feel the need to fight for hierarchy, you,re right, it should be added. the personality
of a wolf is as unique as humans. 

you brought a good point here, thank you !
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Thu Apr 20, 2023 3:19 pm

I want to add this to the article :  

-  A wolf, like a lot of animals, think in the present moment. they don't worry about things that happened yesterday or about the prey they didn't cath this morning. they are focused on the what and now. 

It's a problem humans have, worrying and overthinking about things. it's important to know how to meditate and shut things down from there to reach the wolf's state of mind. 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Rune Fri Apr 21, 2023 2:10 pm

Yep. It's one of the things I miss about being a wolf.
Rune
Rune
Trusted Administrator
Trusted Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver Black Fri Apr 21, 2023 8:33 pm

You can meditate and work on this . with a bit of mental conditioning and practice, this is doable, i confirm. 
Silver Black
Silver Black
Owner
Owner

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down