~ SILVER PACK KINGDOMS ~
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Elements and Training to Sense Them.

Go down

Elements and Training to Sense Them. Empty Elements and Training to Sense Them.

Post by MoonMoon Mon Dec 05, 2022 8:56 pm

Among other things I was learning about, there is discerning what energies feel like and perhaps by extension how they might interact with each other.

When you do the Energy Fountain and advanced variations, you are drawing a mixture of energies attuned to you! This mixture of energy is what your body best knows how to use, and for the most part this is acceptable and good. When you check out someone else's Energy Fountain / signature, it would be tuned to them of course.

So, in retrospect, when you are able to break this down, you can tell what each component is. (Hopefully.)

The basics I learned about are as you would expect: four "elements", but I'll also include a bonus at the end.

Water
Water energy in regards to this exercise, from what memory serves, felt like you would expect. The literal means I could recommend to feel this in a physical sense if you were looking to understand my description, would be to just get a sandwich bag, put your hand in it, and put it into the water without getting wet. It sort of has a "taste" like regular bottle or tap, nothing metallic or exceptional about it. It perhaps might smell like rain, or morning dew.
Water energy feels thick, "liquid", and dense. However, in my experience it didn't appear to "cling" to me like water would physically upon touching it with the skin. It perhaps may feel like it's flowing slightly, or may remain mostly still in whatever container you might have it within.

Air
Air. It's all around. Air as a physical substance has a lot of your standard elements of the periodic table within it. Air as an energy though has particular properties.
Air as I experienced it though, of course feels relatively the same. It's usually going to be around room temperature, feels like the current from a fan, tastes like if you were just opening your mouth at wind rushing by (you might also slightly feel like your mouth is going a little dry but not near as much as physically doing such), and I don't think it has a particular smell but I could be wrong.
Air as an energy, being as loose and light as it is, would of course quickly dissipate by comparison to most of these other energies.

Fire
So. The best I could describe this as an energy and element, it's going to feel like sitting besides a fire place.
In my personal experience, I wasn't able to feel it very much since fire energy just seems readily absorbed at my touch. No, I can't put out flames without doing something physical to it, but concerning the energy practices, I drain fire energy itself and variants of their flame and leave them chilled.

Earth
This energy feels denser than water energy by comparison, and most reminds me of what it feels like down within a cave. Reminds me of the smell of freshly dug earthen clay, and coffee grounds. XD

Nothing
So. In the exercises, a region with a container to close it off was left intentionally empty as a control and comparison. People involved in the exercise generally feel nothing. Some people (myself included) would feel the edge of the container itself, as it is a shield you're physically bypassing with your hand. Just important to mention I suppose.

"Life" Energy
This last one isn't within the standard curriculum that was on offer. Working with my familiar that I've mentioned in other places, she ended up introducing me to a type of energy that wouldn't have been introduced until perhaps much later on, both because it's just not really "important" and that it was part of advanced things further down a road I never got to travel.
The energy feels much like air, but... weirdly I'm also reminded of sour cream fresh from the fridge in terms of how it feels, smells, and tastes. Which is admittedly weird, but it's something about how sour cream itself tastes and smells. Mileage may vary, and it might be something entirely different to you.
Some energy along these lines may have a sort of minty aroma to it as well. Maybe it's just "positive" in terms of feeling or the like, but that's me speculating honestly.

With all that said, I hope this provides enough of a sense to get you started on dabbling in energy work of this extent. :)

Source of Exercises:
MoonMoon
MoonMoon

Kin/Therio type : Dragon, Kitsune, Lucario
Job/hobbies : Video Games, Divination

Your Kin self Information Sheet
Name of your kin self : : (My own name)
What is your kin type ? : Dragon, kitsune, Lucario
Describe it Physically : : Western, black scales, purple membrane; red fur, green eyes; pretty much what you would expect

Rune likes this post

Back to top Go down